Ottawa 67's 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Last thought about yesterday, geez that Kelly kid is gonna be good. Have to agree with OMG, serious breakout candidate for next year.

Reactions: OMG67

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Now we need to go out and get Mintyukov as our number 1 target. Otherwise look at Kuzmin from Flint or Grushnikov. Import spot covered.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Now we need to go out and get Mintyukov as our number 1 target. Otherwise look at Kuzmin from Flint or Grushnikov. Import spot covered.
If trading with Flint, get Kuzmin and Lombardi. But then again looking at having to move Mews or BIG young F and D because Flint has no real use for picks.

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013
I thought Horner looked very good last night for a first game ( aside from a glaring giveaway ..lol) . Physical, was not overwhelmed by the speed and simply looked poised and confident out there. Geez our scouts keep finding these kids! Our depth on D is impressive going forward. I'm predicting one of Smyth Sirman Ewles or Horner is included in a package for Mintyukov.
Horner was a product if the HEO AAA system, playing in Hawkesbury Tier 2 after that. Right under their noses, I guess. Smyth does seem like the odd man out, but there will need to be a younger player as well.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
At the beginning of all this mayhem, I had identified Morrison and Mintyukov as the prime targets that would make a difference for Ottawa. Then Mississauga entered the fray as a seller and I moved off Mintyukov and on to DelMastro.

BUT

If we get Mintyukov and Morrison, we’d be back to what I thought would be a solid coup at the deadline and put this team in a great position.

I do want one more winger for the 2nd or third line depending on how the lines work out.

So, even though I am really disappointed we didn’t get DelMastro, there was no way in hell we were trading Mews and even if we did put Mews ont he table for DelMastro, Sarnia put Martin on the table which trumps Mews IMO.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
i can see drinks keeping minty until the very last minute on the 10th. similar position to what he did with dylan sadowy, he wasnt totally opposed to trading him in 2015, but played jason ford perfectly and got bar to bite... trading like 12 draft picks for him alone ... -_-

i can see drinks keeping minty until the very last minute on the 10th. similar position to what he did with dylan sadowy, he wasnt totally opposed to trading him in 2015, but played jason ford perfectly and got bar to bite... trading like 12 draft picks for him alone ... -_-
he may wait for a team whos desperate

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

Grushnikov may not be in the same league as Mintyukov but he is a backup if the return for Mintyukov is too silly.

Reactions: Devin

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If the return for Morrison is draft picks, my guess is two 2nds and three 3rds. One of the 2nds will be the GUE or NIA 2nd in 2023. This would be similar to the Xhekaj trade they made last season.

Reactions: Canadian Game

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI

Sadowy was held onto to the last minute because deals to two other teams were nixed by ntcs of 16 year olds coming back. Thats why he had to pivot to an all picks deal with Barrie

Reactions: BarberPole9

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Sadowy was held onto to the last minute because deals to two other teams were nixed by ntcs of 16 year olds coming back. Thats why he had to pivot to an all picks deal with Barrie
do u know what teams/16 yr olds were involved?

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
If trading with Flint, get Kuzmin and Lombardi. But then again looking at having to move Mews or BIG young F and D because Flint has no real use for picks.
Well if Boyd really wants to accomplish something come playoffs maybe he will have to loosen his reins. Kuzmin and Lombardi would be a perfect fit.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Well if Boyd really wants to accomplish something come playoffs maybe he will have to loosen his reins. Kuzmin and Lombardi would be a perfect fit.

Flint has a lot of draft capital right now. They could potentially continue to add to it for sure but something tells me they will stay status quo. I could be totally wrong though, just a hunch on my part.

Flint Firebirds
2023HAM 2nd OS 2ndGUE 3rd PBO 3rd4th
KIT 4th*
5th PBO 5th HAM 5thGUE 6th
LDN 6th
7th OSH 7thOSH 8th9th10th11th12th NIA 12th13th WSR 13th14th---
2024GUE 2nd HAM 2nd3rd4th5th6th SSM 6th7th8th9th10th
LDN 10th
11th12th
GUE 12th*
13th---15th
20252nd3rd OS 3rdPBO 4th5th OSH 5th------8th9th10th WSR 10th*11th12th13th14th15th
20262nd3rd PBO 3rd4th5th6th7th8th9th10th11th12th13th14th---
20272nd3rd4th5th6th7th8th9th10th11th12th13th14th15th
20282nd3rd4th5th6th7th8th9th10th11th12th13th14th15th

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Morrison > Ottawa
Two seconds > Hamilton
Two Thirds > Hamilton
Two Fourths > Hamilton
Translated from JF Plante twitter

It's done ✅. The MVP of the last @Ohlhockey series Logan Morrison @BulldogsOHL is coming to the @Ottawa67sHockey. 2nd OHL meter this year. A bunch of picks head for Hamilton. No Ottawa players involved.

My #1 target all season is now an Ottawa 67. This is outstanding news. I don’t care what anyone says, Logan Morrison is the best centre in the OHL including Shane Wright. I know some will disagree because of Wright’s status as an NHL prospect but for the next 5 months, Logan Morrison is the best centre in the league, bar none. He has proven it in the regular season and the playoffs. He is the reigning Playoff MVP and currently the second leading scorer in the league playing on a team with one scoring line and getting all the opposing teams attention.

This is the first domino. Let’s see what is next.

Blasty15

Dec 10, 2022
Step 1 in acquiring Logan Morrison, complete.

We now need to pull the trigger on Mintyukov as I don't believe Grushnikov puts us over the top despite being a great backup option. At the same time, I think OTT would have added a few more picks/a player and just taken the combo then and there so that tells me something else is cooking.

IMO, we are 1 complementary F and 1 (Preferably elite - aka Mintyukov) steady/reliable D away from being in a great position.

Reactions: sirius67fan

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Step 1 in acquiring Logan Morrison, complete.

We now need to pull the trigger on Mintyukov as I don't believe Grushnikov puts us over the top despite being a great backup option. At the same time, I think OTT would have added a few more picks/a player and just taken the combo then and there so that tells me something else is cooking.

IMO, we are 1 complementary F and 1 (Preferably elite - aka Mintyukov) steady/reliable D away from being in a great position.

I agree.

If Ottawa adds Mintyukov, that is a better result than any other team so far.

Adding the extra forward on top of that puts Barlas-Gardiner-Gerrior or Foster to the 4th line and really stretches out the depth and creates some risk mitigation for injuries if they happen.

Reactions: Peachkings1922

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
I agree.

If Ottawa adds Mintyukov, that is a better result than any other team so far.

Adding the extra forward on top of that puts Barlas-Gardiner-Gerrior or Foster to the 4th line and really stretches out the depth and creates some risk mitigation for injuries if they happen.
Yes adding Minty would be great and another forward preferably third line right wing would be a bonus. Don't need a star just a good player with size. Can't wait to see Morrison ideally with Beck. Beck might go nuclear in the second half.
Pinelli/Rohrer/Boucher
Beck/Morrison/acquisition??
Barlas/Tolnai/Stoney
Foster/Gardiner/Gerrior
In this lineup I elected to keep Stoney with Tolnai as they click, so slotted a potential add on the second line. It also permits to reunite the FGG line that did so well at the start of the year. Just loving it!

Reactions: Peachkings1922

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Yes adding Minty would be great and another forward preferably third line right wing would be a bonus. Don't need a star just a good player with size. Can't wait to see Morrison ideally with Beck. Beck might go nuclear in the second half.
Pinelli/Rohrer/Boucher
Barlas/Tolnai/Stoney
Foster/Gardiner/Gerrior
In this lineup I elected to keep Stoney with Tolnai as they click, so slotted a potential add on the second line. It also permits to reunite the FGG line that did so well at the start of the year. Just loving it!

I have a slightly different take:

Pinelli-Rohrer-Boucher
Foster-Morrison-Beck
Trade-Tolnai-Stonehouse
Barlas-Gardiner-Gerrior

I agree about Beck with Morrison. But with both Morrison and Beck so defensively responsible, it allows Foster to roam around a bit and find open areas on the ice. With his shot? Look out.

I like Barlas with Gardiner. If we don’t pick up another forwars then Gerrior plays with Tolnai and Stonehouse.

We need to keep in mind that if we were to acquire Mintyukov, player/s will be loved most likely. I think we will move D-Men but it may require a forward and a D-Man if it is Ewles instead of Marrelli.

The addition of Horner does make it interesting though. He did look pretty aggressive out there yesterday. He shows no fear in either end. He did let some guys get behind him but that will be resolved pretty quick.

AGranderson

Nov 20, 2022
Pinelli/Rohrer/Boucher
Barlas/Tolnai/Stoney
Foster/Gardiner/Gerrior
Potential for tomorrow
L1-Stonehouse*Tolnai*Boucher
L2-Beck*Morrison*Rohrer
L3-Pinelli*Foster*Gerrior
L4-Barlas*Gardiner*Dever

D1-Mayich*Matier
D2-Sirman*Costantini
D3-Mews*Marrelli

Excited to see this lineup tomorrow. Probably an addition on D Maybe a F before Wednesday’s dance at home against Kingston

Our roster is starting to get pretty full.Ewles, Horner, Quick & Laforme are going to be in tough to step in while I think you see Kelly step in & out for Dever

Big D away from a potential long playoff run IMO

Reactions: BarberPole9

44 95 plus tax

Oct 6, 2009
Potential for tomorrow
L1-Stonehouse*Tolnai*Boucher
L2-Beck*Morrison*Rohrer
L3-Pinelli*Foster*Gerrior
L4-Barlas*Gardiner*Dever

D1-Mayich*Matier
D2-Sirman*Costantini
D3-Mews*Marrelli

Excited to see this lineup tomorrow. Probably an addition on D Maybe a F before Wednesday’s dance at home against Kingston

Our roster is starting to get pretty full.Ewles, Horner, Quick & Laforme are going to be in tough to step in while I think you see Kelly step in & out for Dever

Big D away from a potential long playoff run IMO
Boucher won't play tomorrow. Separated shoulder (minor, apparently).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad