Ottawa 67's 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I personally think Kingston may have screwed up with wright.

I would have thought that they would have made a deal long before this when there was a market for him.

As I have said I knew long ago he was not staying in Seattle there just was not the room for him especially how they are doing.

That meant that it was a fait accompli that he was coming back after the WJC.
I would have thought that Kingston would have made the deal and had it completed before the WJHC ended.

I was thinking it would be Seattle is returning Shane Wright to Kingston

Kingston Frontenacs announce the trade of Shane Wright to XYZ about an hour later.

While Wright is a star player he is definitely no longer worth more than Morrison or a couple of lesser-known players that have been traded.

Not because of ability but because whoever trades with the Front has them by the short and curlies.

Kingston has to trade him.
Almost no one wants him
He has a few teams that he will go to.

Personally I do not think they will get a 2006 they are going to get picks and it is all their own fault.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I personally think Kingston may have screwed up with wright.

I would have thought that they would have made a deal long before this when there was a market for him.

As I have said I knew long ago he was not staying in Seattle there just was not the room for him especially how they are doing.

That meant that it was a fait accompli that he was coming back after the WJC.
I would have thought that Kingston would have made the deal and had it completed before the WJHC ended.

I was thinking it would be Seattle is returning Shane Wright to Kingston

Kingston Frontenacs announce the trade of Shane Wright to XYZ about an hour later.

While Wright is a star player he is definitely no longer worth more than Morrison or a couple of lesser-known players that have been traded.

Not because of ability but because whoever trades with the Front has them by the short and curlies.

Kingston has to trade him.
Almost no one wants him
He has a few teams that he will go to.

Personally I do not think they will get a 2006 they are going to get picks and it is all their own fault.

I don’t think the normal circumstance happened. I think Seattle agreed to send him back to Kingston on the condition Wright chooses his destination. It looks like he chose London. The problem is London doesn’t have the pretty pieces and Kingston doesn‘t have the leverage.

I’m not saying it went down exactly like that but the NHL Insiders are all saying it is up to Wright to choose his landing spot. They are saying he chose London. Whether the trade is being held up to stay away from the distractions and allowed him to participate at the Leafs Game last night as the Captain of Team Canada when they honoured them for winning gold, I cannot say. But it sounds like a done deal either way.

And really, what does it matter how long it takes? The other teams waited on an answer and they got their answer and pivoted to the other players. No harm, no foul.

Our focus is on the 67’s. Let’s see if Boyd can bring in Mintyukov. If he can, the 67’s ar 4th ebig winner. They get the top centre int he league (Morrison) and the top D-Man in the league (Mintyukov). I don’t think you can ask for anything more…other than not dealing Mews to do it.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
If Wright isn’t willing to go to Barrie, who could they pivot to? Are there any other elite forward options on the market?

What if they throw a wrench in things and deal Brandt Clarke and push all their chips in next year instead? Acquiring Savard still works well for next year, as he’ll be an OA.
London has RD that KGN does not. The Frontenacs were likely thinking Christoforo, Akey, Bonk, Mews all along.

Reactions: StormWatcher

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
It will be interesting to see what they get.
I still think it was not a class act by Wright to limit it to 1 team.
Who says Wright limited KGN to one team? It sure seems Spits, Knights, Petes, Colts, ‘67s were in discussions for Wright.
I’ll guess the hold up was KGN either asking too much, or holding out for the RD none of those teams can afford to part with. On the teams listed there is a RD that is useful now and a bigger part in the future.

Reactions: bobber and LDN

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Who says Wright limited KGN to one team? It sure seems Spits, Knights, Petes, Colts, ‘67s were in discussions for Wright.
I’ll guess the hold up was KGN either asking too much, or holding out for the RD none of those teams can afford to part with. On the teams listed there is a RD that is useful now and a bigger part in the future.
’m not saying it went down exactly like that but the NHL Insiders are all saying it is up to Wright to choose his landing spot. They are saying he chose London

I think that if Ottawa and the Colts were in then they would be able to put together a better offer than London.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
’m not saying it went down exactly like that but the NHL Insiders are all saying it is up to Wright to choose his landing spot. They are saying he chose London

I think that if Ottawa and the Colts were in then they would be able to put together a better offer than London.

Of course it’s up to the player with the NTC. It was not an issue when MacTavish was granted his wish to be with friends in Hamilton. It should not be an issue if Wright prefers to be coached by Hunter.

Ottawa and Barrie can make just as good of an offer and better than London if Kingston is fine with a pick over payment. I think Kingston is trying to get one of Akey, Bonk, or Mews.
Though what they may want and what they can get are two very different things.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I think everyone also needs to remember that the players going back to Kingston will likely all have no trade clauses as 16 and 17 year olds.

If they are negotiating with London, the first player on their list would be Dickinson. He wouldn’t waive his no trade. No chance. The next player on their list would be Bonk. Highly unlikely he waives his no trade to go to Kingston either.

The next guy on the list would be Barkey. I highly doubt London makes him available. So then it comes down to Cowan and Paris. Kingston would need both of those players to even come close to making it work and there is no way they want to drill that far down their roster for 17 year olds.

So if they can’t get Barkey or Bonk which I highly doubt they will, I think they would need to pivot to a combination of Cowan and Edward. Centre and LD. Both will contribute right now and next season. Add some picks to it and call it a day.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
I think everyone also needs to remember that the players going back to Kingston will likely all have no trade clauses as 16 and 17 year olds.

If they are negotiating with London, the first player on their list would be Dickinson. He wouldn’t waive his no trade. No chance. The next player on their list would be Bonk. Highly unlikely he waives his no trade to go to Kingston either.

The next guy on the list would be Barkey. I highly doubt London makes him available. So then it comes down to Cowan and Paris. Kingston would need both of those players to even come close to making it work and there is no way they want to drill that far down their roster for 17 year olds.

So if they can’t get Barkey or Bonk which I highly doubt they will, I think they would need to pivot to a combination of Cowan and Edward. Centre and LD. Both will contribute right now and next season. Add some picks to it and call it a day.
That sounds about right to me,

Cowen, Edward and a few picks

Or

Paris, Leonard and many picks

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
That sounds about right to me,

Cowen, Edward and a few picks

Or

Paris, Leonard and many picks

Paris and Leonard will not move the needle one single bit. Neither of those players have any real value. Leonard is servicable and can play in the 5/6 role but those players don’t have value becuase the league is speckled with them. Paris could potentially develop into something but I can’t see /Kingston looking at his ceiling and suggesting he is anything better than what they already have. Including those players in this deal means it is basically a picks only deal with a couple warm bodies thrown in.

Cowan and Edward would still require probably two 2nds and two 3rds added to get it done. Knights don’t have the available picks to make the other deal.

I see this coming down to a decision on Monday. Either the Knights are willing to make an honest deal or Kingston goes to Seattle and Wright and tells them to pick another team. London needs to decide if they truly want Wright. My sense is London is only involved in this because Wright wants to go there. Kingston’s reputation cannot afford to take a hit on a deal that is useless. Also imagine what it would look like for Wright if he goes for a couple picks and a couple journeymen? That look for him wouldn’t be good.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
It will be interesting to see what they get.
I still think it was not a class act by Wright to limit it to 1 team.
He's got a no trade, his pick.

Of course it’s up to the player with the NTC. It was not an issue when MacTavish was granted his wish to be with friends in Hamilton. It should not be an issue if Wright prefers to be coached by Hunter.

Ottawa and Barrie can make just as good of an offer and better than London if Kingston is fine with a pick over payment. I think Kingston is trying to get one of Akey, Bonk, or Mews.
Though what they may want and what they can get are two very different things.
Why should they capitulate ?

I'd either get what I want or he finishes in Kingston .

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
I'd expect elite young players back.
London can always find an elite somewhere else.
Cowen is likely to be drafted this year, rated as a C prospect and Edward is drafted. They project as 5 years total of a top 6 fwd and top pairing D.

I don’t understand why that wouldn’t be considered value for Wright. These are blue chip productive players now.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Cowen is likely to be drafted this year, rated as a C prospect and Edward is drafted. They project as 5 years total of a top 6 fwd and top pairing D.

I don’t understand why that wouldn’t be considered value for Wright. These are blue chip productive players now.
To me, Cowan and Edward check the boxes required for Kingston. If they cant’t get a similar player to what Missy got in either of the Del or Beck trades trades then they need a package that make sense in the aggregate. Those players plus a couple 2nds and a couple 3rds gets them there in the aggregate.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Akey is too important now and later to trade imo. Beaudoin is on the table, or Barrie is not really interested.
London has lots of options if they want Wright. They just to be reasonable and offer Barkey or Bonk, or maybe offer Cowan & George. Bonk is probably not finished secondary school, so both he and Barkey would have to waive their NTC.
Kingston also has to reasonable and somewhat flexible as time is on their side. They can accept a good package, to exchange for pieces they prefer later.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Akey is too important now and later to trade imo. Beaudoin is on the table, or Barrie is not really interested.
London has lots of options if they want Wright. They just to be reasonable and offer Barkey or Bonk, or maybe offer Cowan & George. Bonk is probably not finished secondary school, so both he and Barkey would have to waive their NTC.
Kingston also has to reasonable and somewhat flexible as time is on their side. They can accept a good package, to exchange for pieces they prefer later.

I don’t know what will happen but I don’t see London as a fit. I don’t think London really wants him. If they did, a trade would be announced already. I think this is going to come down to a conversation on Monday of him playing in Kingston or pick another team.

NordiquesForeva

May 30, 2022
Morrison centering Foster and Beck in his first 67s game. No Boucher or Matier today. Rohrer back in the lineup.

I should add, with Wright apparently going to London, where does that leave Barrie? Would they be looking at Mintyukov (the biggest chess piece left on the table), or potentially offloading Clarke?

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I don’t know what will happen but I don’t see London as a fit. I don’t think London really wants him. If they did, a trade would be announced already. I think this is going to come down to a conversation on Monday of him playing in Kingston or pick another team.
Remembering that I was a Fronts fan the one thing I can say is that if Wright says London or no and London is not able to make a fair trade that is at least in the Morrison ballpark Fans will blow their cool.

To me the Wright family are blackmailing the Fronts.
If I was a ticket holder and Kingston took a crap deal I would be upset.

I would rather look at Wright and say this is it you want London only and they have nothing to offer so there is no deal sorry. You either play out your year here or the Kraken can pay you or you can go home and play by yourself.

KINGSTON HAS A LOT OF POWER IN THIS THEY JUST HVE TO HAVE THE CAHONES TO USE IT.

Reactions: ottsabrefan

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Remembering that I was a Fronts fan the one thing I can say is that if Wright says London or no and London is not able to make a fair trade that is at least in the Morrison ballpark Fans will blow their cool.

To me the Wright family are blackmailing the Fronts.
If I was a ticket holder and Kingston took a crap deal I would be upset.

I would rather look at Wright and say this is it you want London only and they have nothing to offer so there is no deal sorry. You either play out your year here or the Kraken can pay you or you can go home and play by yourself.

KINGSTON HAS A LOT OF POWER IN THIS THEY JUST HVE TO HAVE THE CAHONES TO USE IT.
The Wright return will dwarf the Morrison return. The player(s) offered and wanted can affect what other moves have to be made; that can make it difficult to settle.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
The Wright return will dwarf the Morrison return. The player(s) offered and wanted can affect what other moves have to be made; that can make it difficult to settle.
I don't think so London does not have the parts left to make the deal nor do they have the impetus when they are the only team involved.

The players that get traded if they have NTC have to give consent and as OMG stated that is not a given. A lot of agents do not like Kingston, it is a building team, the coach is questionable, and London has a better system of development.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

That’s not a viable option. This isn’t a video game. They HAVE to move him and he has a NTC. There is no playing hard ball here to make a point. That’s not how this works. Sounds like the return will be very good anyway so I don’t see the problem.

Reactions: BarberPole9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille