Ottawa 67's 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013
It will be interesting. Potential big names:

Owen Beck
DelBelBelluz
DelMastro
Morrison ((OA)
Mintyukov
Shane Wright
Grushnikov

Plus a bunch of other secondary names that may plug a bunch of holes deeper on lineups.

Seems to be a number of teams willing to sell everything not nailed down and a bunch of teams that could care less going into next season with a jr B team.
The problem with big deals and a lot of change is that it doesn't always work. Five skaters, one goalie, and one puck. That doesn't even touch dressing room dynamics. I like Beck, if only as a reliable faceoff man. It's always good to start every play with the puck. The Q looks like it is on full spin.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
67's WIN 4-1

STARS OF THE GAME​

8592.jpg

FIRST
Max Donoso
Ottawa

8136.jpg

SECOND
Jack Beck
Ottawa

7888.jpg

THIRD
Cameron Tolnai
Ottawa

Last edited:
Reactions: Robray12

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Definitely need a faceoff man that is dependable. No offence to what we have but we should need to win faceoffs to win games in the PO.

Would not count wright out of any city that has picks and players.

I think it is down to a couple and Wright is doing his homework as well as looking at where he can star. Not sure he wants an M Cup run as that delays him getting back to the AHL.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Per Jeff Marek:

Beck to Petes

DelMastro and DelBelBelluz to Sarnia

Starting to look like best case scenario for Ottawa is Grushnikov and Morrison to Ottawa…. BEST case. Maybe not even that….

In all fairness, Ottawa would have needed to deal Mews in either of those deals which IMO is a non-starter.

Reactions: dirty12

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Per Jeff Marek:

Beck to Petes

DelMastro and DelBelBelluz to Sarnia

Starting to look like best case scenario for Ottawa is Grushnikov and Morrison to Ottawa…. BEST case. Maybe not even that….

In all fairness, Ottawa would have needed to deal Mews in either of those deals which IMO is a non-starter.
There's always next year, I guess.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I guess Mintyukov is a still a possibility but doubtful.

I assume Wright to Barrie.

Morrison and Grushkov is still possible. If they can add another depth forward suitable for the 3rd line on top of that, they may have a fighting chance? Maybe? Sorta? Meh. Oh well.

NoQuit67s

Feb 10, 2020
Impressive showing for Horner tonight.
showed impressive toughness and got meaningful icetime.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
So.... What could we get for Matier and Tolnai????

It really doesn’t matter. If they aren’t willing to spend when they are leading the league, all they’d do is waste the extra assets anyway.

Again, the reality is the Petes trades the 6th pick. Sarni traded the 5th pick. Of Barrie ends up with Wright as expected, they will have traded the #10 pick. We’d have had to use Mews in any of those three deals. I’m not willing to do that. We didn’t have a chance for any of those players.

44 95 plus tax

Oct 6, 2009
It really doesn’t matter. If they aren’t willing to spend when they are leading the league, all they’d do is waste the extra assets anyway.

Again, the reality is the Petes trades the 6th pick. Sarni traded the 5th pick. Of Barrie ends up with Wright as expected, they will have traded the #10 pick. We’d have had to use Mews in any of those three deals. I’m not willing to do that. We didn’t have a chance for any of those players.
There needs to be a sarcasm font.

Reactions: Zebra

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
There needs to be a sarcasm font.

Well, let’s be real. Would any of us wanted to see Mews dealt today? No. Ottawa has a good team but so do a lot of other teams. I think if we’d have done the Sarnia deal, it would likely have cost Mews and Foster plus some picks. That deal would have propelled us ahead of the Petes and North Bay IMO but I’m pretty conservative overall.

I wanted Morrison from day one. He’s still on the board. He is the reigning Playoff MVP and one of the league points leaders. He’s solid defensively as well. To me, he’s the best value available from day one.

They could snag Grushnikov in the same deal and fill the Import and OA spot. Then maybe find another player to play 3rd line with Tolnai and Stonehouse. I still think it is possible to win even without the big household NHL Prospect names. It would be a challenge for sure but doable in the aggregate.

Pinelli - Rohrer - Boucher
Foster - Morrison - Beck
TRADE - Tolnai - Stonehouse
Barlas - Gardiner - Gerrior

Mayich - Matier
Grushnikov - Costantini
Sirman/Smyth - Mews

Donoso
MacKenzie

Still a very strong team.

AGranderson

Nov 20, 2022
It will be interesting. Potential big names:

Owen Beck
DelBelBelluz
DelMastro
Morrison ((OA)
Mintyukov
Shane Wright
Grushnikov

Plus a bunch of other secondary names that may plug a bunch of holes deeper on lineups.

Seems to be a number of teams willing to sell everything not nailed down and a bunch of teams that could care less going into next season with a jr B team.
Let’s see what comes out of this guessing game

Beck - Pete’s
Van Volsen- Miss

DelBelBelluz- Sting
DelMastro- Sting
Martone- Miss

Wright- Barrie
Beaudoin- Kingston
Akey- Kingston

Hayes- Petes
White- Petes
DeZoete- Hamilton
Lardis- Hamilton

Morrison- Windsor
Drobac- Windsor
Onuska- Hamilton
Miedema- Hamilton

Mintyukov- Ottawa
Marrelli- Saginaw

Grushnikov- Attack
Picks- Hamilton

Reactions: frontsfan67

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
If I were Ottawa and I only wanted to add some complimentary pieces ...ie center and D. I would wait till Monday when prices should be more reasonable.. as team may feel they will lose the opportunity to get picks back if they wait much longer.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Pinelli-Rohrer-Boucher
Beck-Morrison-Foster
Gerrior-Tolnai-Stonehouse
Barlas-Gardiner-Dever
Kelly, Quick

Matier/Mayich
Costantini/Mintyukov
Smyth/Sirman
Mews/Marelli/EwlesHorner

Donoso
Mckenzie

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
I thought Horner looked very good last night for a first game ( aside from a glaring giveaway ..lol) . Physical, was not overwhelmed by the speed and simply looked poised and confident out there. Geez our scouts keep finding these kids! Our depth on D is impressive going forward. I'm predicting one of Smyth Sirman Ewles or Horner is included in a package for Mintyukov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad