Confirmed Trade: [OTT/VAN] Alex Burrows for Jonathan Dahlen; Burrows re-signs 2 years/2.5M AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
What a gem of a GM we have here in Ottawa.
Gives up a 2nd + a young player in Zibanejad for a 29y/o Brassard.
Gives up a promising prospect for an aging Burrows + a 2 year extension.
What's next?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
yes. Chabot/White/Brown and probably Chlapik have jumped over him

And people forget perron, who had a filthy junior career and hasn't yet acclimatized to the pros.

I think it's likely Chlapik that made Dahlen expendable.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What a gem of a GM we have here in Ottawa.
Gives up a 2nd + a young player in Zibanejad for a 29y/o Brassard.
Gives up a promising prospect for an aging Burrows + a 2 year extension.
What's next?

He'll tell you these are amazing deals and players are hugging him ans shaking his hand. Its utterly pathetic the stuff that comes out of this guys mouth. Its embarrassing.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
And people forget perron, who had a filthy junior career and hasn't yet acclimatized to the pros.

It's fine getting a rental like Burrows, but to give up Dahlen + the extension is a joke.
Don't need to have other gms fleece you, when you just fleece yourself :D

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Anyone that believes a word this guy says is incredibly naive. If Melnyk wasnt so cheap he would have hired a real GM. Ultimately the reason the sens have this GM is Melnyks fault. Even though said GM is unqualified and has been destroyed in a value perspective in every deal he has made. His asset management has been horrid.

And yet, here we are in late February taking a run at the Atlantic. Brassard plays very important minutes even when not being offensively productive.

Think dorion may have realized that when he made the trade?

The guy can't win. He made a couple of moves that helped ottawa into a race for a playoff spot and even challenge for the division and he takes intense heat for trading a B prospect for a veteran to try to help.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
It's fine getting a rental like Burrows, but to give up Dahlen + the extension is a joke.
Don't need to have other gms fleece you, when you just fleece yourself :D

He's the one who drafted Dahlen though. Most people on here may have seen Dahlen play a few times in the world juniors, but dorion is the guy who drafted him.

Guess who knows oceans more about this prospect?

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
I love his work ethic and his ability to score timely goals but these are hardly unique qualities. As an older poster here who watched (and revered) players such as Jean Beliveau, Bobby Orr and Gordie Howe stuff like his "trash talking", his lying and embellishing are the absolute antithesis of the kind of hockey I love and grew up loving. Guys like Burrows, Cooke, Avery and, yes, Lapierre make me sick every time I watch them play and when one (or worse, two) of these parasites are playing for YOUR team you start to question why you are watching. As a Canuck fan I went into the 2011 final rooting for my team but watching game 6 (particularly Burrows' dive fest but more the knowledge that our 5 worst divers also included 4 of our 5 best players) made me think that the Bruins earned their Cup fair and square. You can bet I will be monitoring his future progress carefully. First Lapierre (a punk) then Kesler (selfish diva) and now Burrows (satan personified IMHO), talk about "draining the swamp". I'm a happy guy and we haven't even finished the season yet. My team just got a lot classier...

Gordie "Mr Elbows" Howe was a massive cheapshot artist that liked to threaten people.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Does anyone have any past comparable's to Dahlen in the Swe-1 league? I can see a decent stat line, wondering what other players have come out of that league.

Would Swe-1 be comparable to the ECHL??

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Does anyone have any past comparable's to Dahlen in the Swe-1 league? I can see a decent stat line, wondering what other players have come out of that league.

Would Swe-1 be comparable to the ECHL??

Slightly better stats than Filip Forsberg. Both played 2 years in that league. So, yeah he's a blue chip prospect. This could come back to bite them in the ass.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
From buy out material, (we all thought he was gone, including burrows. Scores a shoot out goal in the final home game last season and does the arrow to the air) and even soluted the fans. From buy out too, (he's worth a 5 th round pick from experts on hfboards.com to this. Wow.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/381233-jonathan-dahlén-talk/?do=findComment&comment=13800096

I see him play 8 times this year in person. He is awesome. You wait and be happy. Small but strong.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Burrows isnt a player that can take the Sens to a "next level". The mere potential of Dahlen out weighs years 36 & 37 of burrows.

But heck maybe the sens can still flip him at the TDL in a couple in 2 years.

It will be hard with the NTC. Dorion will whine that his hands were tied and he had to include a 2nd round pick with Burrows to get a 4th rounder back.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Burrows isnt a player that can take the Sens to a "next level". The mere potential of Dahlen out weighs years 36 & 37 of burrows.

But heck maybe the sens can still flip him at the TDL in a couple in 2 years.

No Burrows doesn't put us over the top. But we are a better team today then we were yesterday. That was the point of the deal.
As reported yesterday, the scouting reports on vary anywhere from top-6 to career Europe player. Obviously sens management see's him close to the bottom of that range.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
It will be hard with the NTC. Dorion will whine that his hands were tied and he had to include a 2nd round pick with Burrows to get a 4th rounder back.

i really do get a sense out of Ottawa that they are in win now mode. I feel like Melnyk is a little too hands on, probably pulling some strings here.

How long until Karlsson is a UFA?

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011

He's definitely behind the top 3 guys, and the Sens still have the other guy. So it is not a terrible deal when you have a stocked cupboard of prospects.

That's not how you run a franchise, though. A prospect doesn't lose all value just because you have 4-5 better ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad