Confirmed Trade: [OTT/VAN] Alex Burrows for Jonathan Dahlen; Burrows re-signs 2 years/2.5M AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgd525

May 18, 2007
This is the Nucks version of a cup victory lol. Someone lost a trade to Benning....

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
I don't think it's meant to compare Dahlen to Forsberg in terms of being a successful prospect. I think it's meant to highlight that Dahlen is having a good season comparable to Forsberg's and then Forsberg was traded for Erat.

We condemn that move as being just stupid not just because Forsberg panned out, but because it was an overpayment at the time. Much like Dahlen is an overpayment for Burrows.

If Dahlen pans out, this trade will be directly compared to the Erat trade all the time.

Exactly, the point is that we don't know what Dahlen will become but we know pretty much what Burrows will be in the next two years, and whatever he is, Burrows is not the missing piece to an Ottawa Cup contender.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Exactly, the point is that we don't know what Dahlen will become but we know pretty much what Burrows will be in the next two years, and whatever he is, Burrows is not the missing piece to an Ottawa Cup contender.

Personally I don't think it deserves to be mentioned alongside the Erat/Forsberg deal. Dahlen is basically a late 1st/high 2nd, and that's the going rate for buying so far this deadline. Maybe a little high for Burrows but that's probably because it was a sign and trade.

Forsberg was Washington's top prospect, a top 10 guy who fell to 11. It's not like Ottawa traded Chabot or White here, Dahlen is an expensive price but he's Ottawa's 4-6th best prospect?

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I would not use the word fleeced but Vancouver really did well with this deal. Having said that, if the Sens plays the Habs in the first round, Burrows might just be the difference maker in that series.

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
I would not use the word fleeced but Vancouver really did well with this deal. Having said that, if the Sens plays the Habs in the first round, Burrows might just be the difference maker in that series.

I always thought that Burrows would go to the Habs...He is clutch though,..he scored some big goals for the Canucks...I could see him becoming a difference maker as well for the Sens (hence becoming very unpopular in Montreal).

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Here's my question- how will Pierre Dorian sleep tonight? How does one sleep at night after gutting their franchise like that in 5 minutes?

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Well no one was expecting this good of value for Burrows. Period.

Yeah, never argued against that. Just arguing against calling it a fleecing before Burrows plays even 1 minute for Ottawa. But that's HF for you.

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
Here's my question- how will Pierre Dorian sleep tonight? How does one sleep at night after gutting their franchise like that in 5 minutes?

This is exactly how I feel. Ottawa will be a lottery team for the next 5 years after this trade. Might as well just relocate to qc already.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

nah

Ottawa isn't afraid fo the Habs. We've beaten them before.

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Yeah, never argued against that. Just arguing against calling it a fleecing before Burrows plays even 1 minute for Ottawa. But that's HF for you.

Well it's not looking food for Ottawa right now, and only has potential to get awful. Or Dahlen doesn't amount to much and we all look like fools. Burrows is a solid depth player.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Well it's not looking food for Ottawa right now, and only has potential to get awful. Or Dahlen doesn't amount to much and we all look like fools. Burrows is a solid depth player.

Yep you have laid out the possibilities, now lets see how it plays out. Or just yell "DORION GOT FLEECED" and be done with it

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Yep you have laid out the possibilities, now lets see how it plays out. Or just yell "DORION GOT FLEECED" and be done with it

FLEECE, IT'S A FLEECE.

Just kidding. Definitely a wait and see trade and it all relies on what Dahlen becomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad