Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] F Tim Stützle signs extension with the Senators (8 years, $8.35M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Karl

five-year run of unparalleled suffering
Mar 18, 2014
Halifax, NS
Bottom 10 team with Debrincat and do not have the cap to keep him?

The bar is low to be a Sens fan that Stuzle contract is viewed as amazing even if he is not a HOF player and the sens have no shot at a cup realistically.

6 straight years in bottom 10.

Most of you do not even understand cap dumps are one of the most easy ways to fix a bad team.
Are you implying that paying 8M a season should be reserved for players certain to reach the HOF? Good luck with that.

Dan 40 USA

May 8, 2022
Sens fans were only "mad" at you for putting forth this same asinine idea that somehow we'd be better off with 8 second round picks than our number 1 center. Your "solution" is not reasonable or realistic in any way. No team in the NHL is going to hand out picks like that, their GM would be fired shortly thereafter.

For everyone else, have a peak at this dude's post history. Not the first time he's posted something as delusional as this.
If you have 8 mill in free cap it is quite realistic to trade it in cap dumps for a 2nd rounder each season. That is not even viewed as that odd and you probably can get more than just 1 2nd.

MAF was traded to the Knights and the Knights got a 2nd round pick as payment for taking him.

The Flames traded a 1st round pick away to cap dump a player.

The overall team needs to be good for any single player to even matter. Look at the Blue Jackets with Johnny you dont think they would be better off cap dumping that 9.7 mill a year and getting something for the future each season instead?

Dan 40 USA

May 8, 2022
Are you implying that paying 8M a season should be reserved for players certain to reach the HOF? Good luck with that.
If the Sens were a legit cup threat and Stuzle was why you were going to win the cup or he was a huge part of the offense the context would be very different.

If you a bad team than yeah cause you can lose with anyone.

This is an incredibly stupid take of the situation. Congrats.
When you have no proof at all to support it

• Haha
Reactions: SweSensFan

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The Sens have been a bottom 10 team for the past 6 straight years.

Paying your "core" when the rest of the team is not good enough can keep the team bad.

It was said the team was not going to have enough cap to keep Debrincat.

"On July 7, 2022, the Blackhawks traded DeBrincat to the Ottawa Senators in exchange for the seventh and 39th overall picks in the 2022 draft, as well as a third-round pick in the 2023 NHL Entry Draft."

For a bottom 10 team to do this is just so unnecessarily risky.

As for Stutzle he is a good player but the Sens have too many holes and I am still not sold he is some HOF level player.

That 8 mill he makes the sens could be doing cap dump trades. Cap dump trades can make the future better easily if your #1 scout is good.

The sens constantly show they do not know what they are doing and they have an army of fans who defend these moves.
All time worst post congratulations. Suggesting Stutzle is a bad contract right now when he is a ppg player, playind center, playing in all situations in his 20 year old year is one of the all time dumbest arguments I have read on HF. Stutzle is by far the best player from his draft but you think his cap space would be better to dump for 2nd round picks. Unbelievable.

They also have the cap space to keep Debrincat.

6 straight years of being in bottom 10 and this is the reply.
Theyre in a rebuild.... Stutzle is exactly what you rebuild around. The 2020 draft was the sens big draft. The players are 20 years old.... God damn clueless.

Dan 40 USA

May 8, 2022
why is Hertl even brought up in this conversation? Hertl 100% deserves that contract he's a proven performer (except this year because we suck because we traded for damaged goods Karlsson ). I would 100% rather pay Stuzle that money than hertl but he re-signed with us and we still suck. So now we will offload Hertl, Meier, Couture, Karlsson, bonino, leblanc, reimer and probably rebuild from here. Greir is just building a tough team with big guys (see we just offloaded nieto and
The Sharks are a train wreck dumpster fire.

The Hertl contract is bad in every context for the Sharks. A playoff contender Hertl could in theory be worth it to one of them if he helps them win the cup.

I assume you do not know what a cap dump trade is?

How the Sharks go about trading Meier and Karl will be interesting.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If the Sens were a legit cup threat and Stuzle was why you were going to win the cup or he was a huge part of the offense the context would be very different.

If you a bad team than yeah cause you can lose with anyone.

When you have no proof at all to support it
Your post is proof enough of its stupidity.

Dan 40 USA

May 8, 2022
All time worst post congratulations. Suggesting Stutzle is a bad contract right now when he is a ppg player, playind center, playing in all situations in his 20 year old year is one of the all time dumbest arguments I have read on HF. Stutzle is by far the best player from his draft but you think his cap space would be better to dump for 2nd round picks. Unbelievable.

Theyre in a rebuild.... Stutzle is exactly what you rebuild around. The 2020 draft was the sens big draft. The players are 20 years old.... God damn clueless.
If he was a HOF or the Sens were a cup threat you would have a point.

With both not being true it is you just you want instant gratification. If you knew the sens would never win a playoff series as long as he is on the team could it be possible there could be a better option for the team that 8 mill of cap can be spent on?

Your post is proof enough of its stupidity.
I get to feel like a genius talkin to you guys because you have no counter.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If he was a HOF or the Sens were a cup threat you would have a point.

With both not being true it is you just you want instant gratification. If you knew the sens would never win a playoff series as long as he is on the team could it be possible there could be a better option for the team that 8 mill of cap can be spent on?
How does a rebuilding team get to the point where they are a cup threat.... By trading the players they tanked to get? The best one on the team?..... You're lost, get a new hobby this one isnt for you.

Dan 40 USA

May 8, 2022

And they have not even won a single playoff series together yet. A "good" gm/scout could wait until they win a playoff series before paying anyone to make sure they think they are worth it. Have a scout who is actually good.

The sens core has never won a playoff series and you call me "God damn clueless."

• Haha
Reactions: Jannik Hansen

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Did you just call the stutzle contract bad?

Clearly you have a bias against stutzle and that's pretty much it.

You could have saved yourself a lot of time by simply stating "I'm biased against stutzle and I don't like him. I'm jealous"

And you would have saved everyone time.

What a hot garbage of a post by you.

He has a bias against hockey. Not against Stutzle.

Reactions: Dionysus

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Just because the Sens make worse moves than the Stutzle contract does not make it a good contract.

If he is a HOF player would be the only way there is any argument to pay him that.

In cap dump trades for 8 mill you can probably get a 2nd and 3rd each season for that. You might even get more or a higher pick some seasons. Do you think Stutzle is even worth 8 2nd round picks? because I don't no offense. He would be worth even less to me if I was the sens owner or gm because they need a full rebuild.

The Josh Norris contract probably is worse than the Stutzle contract but that is not something to be proud of. The Sens giving Norris that contract is like saying Norris is better than 8 2nd round picks also. You should be able to trade 8 mill of cap for 1 2nd round pick a season at minimum.

If there is any truth to the rumor the Sens cap is so messed up they cant afford to resign DeBrincat when they should have never traded for him in the first place is a double donk.

The Sens hit a home run in the Erik Karlsson trade and still could not use that to turn the team around. The team has no idea what it is doing and so many sens fans got mad at me before the season for saying so.

One sens fan says that free agents do not want to sign there well you can make a playoff winning team without signing an expensive free agent. In the draft bad teams have the biggest advantage.

You can trade down from your top 5 pick from future firsts. You can trade for a teams future first 3 years from now. The point is the future will always look better until you win a playoff series.

The San Jose Sharks just gave Tomas Hertl 8.1 mill a year for 8 years and he is not a HOF player or even close. He is a B grade starter but a legit NHL scout should be able to find a player around as good with a 2nd round pick or lower and if he was not able to do it that means the scout needs to be fired and replaced.

The Sharks were already bad it was just not logical to do such a silly contract.

8 mill should get at least 1 2nd round pick a season in a cap dump. That extra 2nd round pick a season would help the sharks more than Hertl will.

Filip Forsberg makes 8.5 mill a year and Nash has no chance to win a cup. They could have traded him for top dollar at the trade deadline last season and he is not worth his new contract.

Nash can make people think they have a chance to win a cup to justify this contract but their overall roster isnt good enough for Forsberg to matter.

Is Tim Stutzle worth 8 2nd round picks? Yes. Yes he is. Not going to dignify this further, but yes. He absolutely is worth more to the Ottawa Senators than 8 2nd round picks. I would trade 8 2nd round picks from the Wings for Stutzle right now.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
People think this is a bad deal?

I mean, one of these days, yes, these potential-driven contracts will backfire but this is not one of them, barring injury.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
I get to feel like a genius talkin to you guys because you have no counter.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Recipe Unlimited

Sep 1, 2019
Yup, way too many fans don't understand the RFA/UFA years of purchase. Or they keep forgetting.
I feel like RFA years have been less important in contract negotiations ever since Draisaitl, Eichel, Matthews and Marner. Young players have been getting huge money deals ever since (and they have been mostly worth it).

Dan 40 USA

May 8, 2022
It's pretty easy to prove you wrong. Fleury was selected in the expansion draft, he wasn't traded
If Pitt did not trade the 2nd round pick to Vegas it was not a given they would take MAF in the draft.

Fleury willingly waived his no trade and no movement clauses to be left exposed by the Penguins 2017 NHL Expansion Draft, where he was subsequently selected by the Vegas Golden Knights.[34] Pittsburgh also traded their second round pick in the 2020 Entry Draft as an incentive for Vegas to select Fleury, in order for the team to be relieved of his nearly $6 million cap hit.[35]

What do you call that?

And miss out on this sterling example of the American education system? I think not!
Is the Canadian education system crying with no points? That is all I get from you guys.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I feel like RFA years have been less important in contract negotiations ever since Draisaitl, Eichel, Matthews and Marner. Young players have been getting huge money deals ever since (and they have been mostly worth it).

No, it's still a factor. The stars do have more leverage yes. At the end of the day, the team owns the RFA years but has to pay the player what they are worth through arbitration as they get closer to UFA. The challenges comes when you want to purchase both the RFA years left and the UFA years.

Someone like Caufield has 5 RFA years left. That's not even close to Dubois's situation or Debrincat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad