Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] F Tim Stützle signs extension with the Senators (8 years, $8.35M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Since I called him out in the other thread I'll say something nice here.

I think this is a steal of a contract. He's real good. Plays with an edge, and has a two way game as well.

Yeah he’s feisty but if I was nit picking his defensive decisions and puck management are questionable at this stage.

Something he’ll overcome I’m sure of it but for now I wouldn’t say he has a strong two way game.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Yeah he’s feisty but if I was nit picking his defensive decisions and puck management are questionable at this stage.

Something he’ll overcome I’m sure of it but for now I wouldn’t say he has a strong two way game.
He definitely needs to learn when to hold on to the puck. Still trying to carry it when he's double teamed. He will figure it out, this is the first season he's starting not as a teenager. And I think he will eventually be a decent 2 way player, but he is not right now. The effort is there and that's promising

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Ottawa hit it out of the park with the Tkachuk, Batherson, and Stutzle deals.
I certainly won’t say “hit it out of the park” on Norris, especially because we have a top 5 PP without him… but he’s also a really damn good young player. I can’t see a world in which he’s less than a 30ish goal, 60ish point, all around C. Losing him was huge, he has been so central to any success we’d had.

Just wanted to give the J-man some love, as I can tell you us Sens fans miss him a ton, and not just as our 5th or 6th forward. He is a guy who could lead our forwards in TOI many, many night, and really bolster our ES scoring.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Let’s assume Jimmy finishes the season at a point per game pace.

Do you think he gets more than 8.3 if he signs this summer?

not really.

the contract has 4 team control years

someone above reference tage thompson being a steal. the contract he signed was after his ELC and 3 yrs into a 3 yr bridge with 1 yr of team control and 6 UFA years.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
not really.

someone above reference tage thompson being a steal. the contract he signed was after his ELC and 3 yrs into a 3 yr bridge with 1 yr of team control and 6 UFA years.
Ok.

And?

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
I certainly won’t say “hit it out of the park” on Norris, especially because we have a top 5 PP without him… but he’s also a really damn good young player. I can’t see a world in which he’s less than a 30ish goal, 60ish point, all around C. Losing him was huge, he has been so central to any success we’d had.

Just wanted to give the J-man some love, as I can tell you us Sens fans miss him a ton, and not just as our 5th or 6th forward. He is a guy who could lead our forwards in TOI many, many night, and really bolster our ES scoring.
Norris wasn't mentioned in the quote you are replying to?

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
As many have said, this contract is already a solid one and hasn't even kicked in yet.

Here's a list of the players with the most points as a 20 year old (from their 20th birthday to their 21st) since 2005. Stutzle will get quite a few more games than everyone on the list since the sens had to cram 50 games between the middle of Jan and end of April this year due to COVID so he still has 4 games before he turns 21... But the names on this list are almost all superstars and all would get over 8M if they were in 20 years old in 2023.

Tim Stützle, certified Süperstar*

1672846325513.png

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
not really.

Yup, way too many fans don't understand the RFA/UFA years of purchase. Or they keep forgetting.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
As many have said, this contract is already a solid one and hasn't even kicked in yet.

Here's a list of the players with the most points as a 20 year old (from their 20th birthday to their 21st) since 2005. Stutzle will get quite a few more games than everyone on the list since the sens had to cram 50 games between the middle of Jan and end of April this year due to COVID so he still has 4 games before he turns 21... But the names on this list are almost all superstars and all would get over 8M if they were in 20 years old in 2023.

View attachment 630225

Brilliant post.

He's a top 5 C in the making. He isn't even mature yet physically--which is a big part of his game. Will be an absolute 2 way monster.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Brilliant post.

He's a top 5 C in the making. He isn't even mature yet physically--which is a big part of his game. Will be an absolute 2 way monster.
Not sure about top 5 in a league with McDavid, Matthews, Drai, Mackinnon, Hughes, soon-to-be-Bedard, Eichel, Thompson, Barkov, and a few other guys with at least 6 or 7 good years ahead of them… but he certainly has the ability to flirt with it, and have seasons where he’s in that area.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
They definitely have done well with their contracts. They have a deep top six with in my opinion the ideal level of talent that alowed for them to get their guys signed at the right price.

Now they just need to bring in the right depth throughout the bottom of the lineup. Going to be a strong team for a long time if they can do that.

Reactions: Deku and Mrfenn92

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Looks like it will be a good deal for the Sens . However some expectations are a tad high mere suggesting he will be a top 5 C , and showing production from age 20-21 compared to the high end elite players in the league. Production and development is not linear or he will be lookig like an undisputed top 5 player I. The league right now or close to it . And he does not .
Is he good ? Hell yes ! However he is not at the level (yet) where he can dominate games on his own and single handedly win games with his ability. Maybe he gets there but so far he is not.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

View attachment 630225
A lot of them would've been able to get $8M contracts at that age, but a lot of these guys took pretty significant discounts for their first contracts (sometimes even second ones) to stay with the team they wanted to be on.

That said, this is exactly the contract he's earned, not a penny more, so both sides should be very happy.

Looks like it will be a good deal for the Sens . However some expectations are a tad high mere suggesting he will be a top 5 C , and showing production from age 20-21 compared to the high end elite players in the league. Production and development is not linear or he will be lookig like an undisputed top 5 player I. The league right now or close to it . And he does not .
Is he good ? Hell yes ! However he is not at the level (yet) where he can dominate games on his own and single handedly win games with his ability. Maybe he gets there but so far he is not.
I'd put him slightly below Eichel, so more like a "top 13 C," something like that.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
He's 20. Let's see where he's at in 3 years

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He's absolutely on this level. Kid's on his way to stardom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad