Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] D Jake Sanderson signs extension with the Senators (8 years, $8.05M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
It was a dumb comment anyway, it's not like people are anointing him the next Karlsson/Lidstrom hybrid. He's f***ing good though.
Damn close to it. It's just Norris Trophy candidates hes getting compared to thats all. No big deal right?

Sens fans actually claiming they are getting a deal by making Sanderson the 12th highest paid defenseman in the league. If that's a team friendly deal where does that rank him in defenseman? Is he the 5th best defenseman in the league at 20 years old? Is he already the 12th best defenseman and just going to get better? This entire thread Sens fans have been extra with this kid. If he lives up to half of what Sens fans are talking about in this thread he will be a shoe in for the Hall of Fame.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Damn close to it. It's just Norris Trophy candidates hes getting compared to thats all. No big deal right?

Sens fans actually claiming they are getting a deal by making Sanderson the 12th highest paid defenseman in the league. If that's a team friendly deal where does that rank him in defenseman? Is he the 5th best defenseman in the league at 20 years old? Is he already the 12th best defenseman and just going to get better? This entire thread Sens fans have been extra with this kid. If he lives up to half of what Sens fans are talking about in this thread he will be a shoe in for the Hall of Fame.
Explaining why Sens fans like it for the six hundredth time wouldn't be a waste of time at all.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Explaining why Sens fans like it for the six hundredth time wouldn't be a waste of time at all.
Yes we have seen hyperbolic Sens fans all through this thread. Its not that people arent reading, its what is being said.

It's called context. If you want to only compare a 20 year old to Norris Trophy candidates and call making him the 12th highest paid defenseman a team friendly deal, then you are confused about my joke of putting him in the Hall of Fame already maybe you don't understand what you are saying and what those words mean.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Yes we have seen hyperbolic Sens fans all through this thread. Its not that people arent reading, its what is being said.

It's called context. If you want to only compare a 20 year old to Norris Trophy candidates and call making him the 12th highest paid defenseman a team friendly deal, then you are confused about my joke of putting him in the Hall of Fame already maybe you don't understand what you are saying and what those words mean.
It's interesting that you say it's hyperbole when most people who are paid to talk about hockey agree about Sanderson's potential and this deal in general.

Maybe in this context - with your lame joke - you're what would be called a troll?

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
It's interesting that you say it's hyperbole when most people who are paid to talk about hockey agree about Sanderson's potential and this deal in general.

Maybe in this context - with your lame joke - you're what would be called a troll?

Not a troll at all. So what you are saying is you really don't understand the words that are being said and what kind of context that puts Sanderson into? Is this just a reading problem? I flat out explained it to you. At this point I can't help what you are able to understand.

• Wow
Reactions: Golden_Jet

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Do you know what hyperbole means 😉

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Not a troll at all. So what you are saying is you really don't understand the words that are being said and what kind of context that puts Sanderson into? Is this just a reading problem? I flat out explained it to you. At this point I can't help what you are able to understand.

I find it the laziest thing possible for someone on here to not bother reading why people who have closely watched this player say why they like the deal, only to have the first argument against brought up 40 pages in.

I'm not here to explain it to you again. You don't like the deal, that's fine, but I doubt you'll have many people explain their position all over again at this point.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
I find it the laziest thing possible for someone on here to not bother reading why people who have closely watched this player say why they like the deal, only to have the first argument against brought up 40 pages in.

I'm not here to explain it to you again. You don't like the deal, that's fine, but I doubt you'll have many people explain their position all over again at this point.
You are the one upset over me saying Sens fans have him in the Hall of Fame already. Which IF what all you Sens super fans is saying is true is exactly where it puts him.

Reactions: dirtydanglez

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
You are the one upset over me saying Sens fans have him in the Hall of Fame already. Which IF what all you Sens super fans is saying is true is exactly where it puts him.
I was never upset, I just said your comment was dumb. Which it was/is.

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018

My son, I don’t think you understand how contracts work, or even how people age. Let me start out with facts for you:

Sanderson is 21 y/o not 20. He is making ~925k this upcoming season. In another year he will be 22 y/o and making 8 million for the 2024/25 season. By that time he won’t be the 12th highest paid D, and you will have watched enough hockey to stay out of this thread with your poor opinions.

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
Every contract signing is a risk. Last season's player card had Sandy's value at about $6 million.

One thing that comforts me about this signing is that when I've seen players, scouts, and pundits that are former players or members of NHL organizations, they like this deal. The only people against it are no-nothing fans. I'm not saying I know anything either, by the way. Never played or worked in the NHL.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Every contract signing is a risk. Last season's player card had Sandy's value at about $6 million.

One thing that comforts me about this signing is that when I've seen players, scouts, and pundits that are former players or members of NHL organizations, they like this deal. The only people against it are no-nothing fans. I'm not saying I know anything either, by the way. Never played or worked in the NHL.

Are you implying that the people here know nothing?

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Jesus. What is Ottawa doing.

I guess 14 5v5 points, and 77 games was enough for ottawa to commit that much money long term.
I don’t always disagree with you but dude this guys gonna be one of the better two way defenders for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad