Confirmed Trade: [OTT/ARI] Jakob Chychrun for 2023 1st (top 5 protected), 2024 2nd (1st if OTT make '23 ECF), and 2026 2nd round pick

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
Chychrun and Chabot are easily within the top 45 defenders in the NHL.
  1. Cale Makar
  2. Erik Karlsson
  3. Adam Fox
  4. Roman Josi
  5. Rasmus Dahlin
  6. Josh Morrissey
  7. Charlie McAvoy
  8. Victor Hedman
  9. Miro Heiskanen
  10. Quinn Hughes
  11. Jaccob Slavin
  12. Dougie Hamilton
  13. Hampus Lindholm
  14. Rasmus Andersson
  15. Noah Dobson
  16. Drew Doughty
  17. Adam Pelech
  18. Brent Burns
  19. Jakob Chychrun
  20. Mikhail Sergachev
  21. Alex Pietrangelo
  22. Vince Dunn
  23. Devon Toews
  24. Jacob Trouba
  25. Shea Theodore
  26. Filip Hronek
  27. Adam Larsson
  28. Chris Tanev
  29. Brandon Montour
  30. Kris Letang
  31. Jared Spurgeon
  32. MacKenzie Weegar
  33. Seth Jones
  34. Ryan Pulock
  35. Noah Hanifin
  36. Aaron Ekblad
  37. Thomas Chabot
  38. Colton Parayko
  39. Brayden McNabb
  40. Mattias Ekholm
  41. Zach Werenski
  42. Jonas Brodin
  43. Moritz Seider
  44. Justin Faulk
  45. Morgan Rielly

Orlov and Carlson getting disrespected to hell and back lmfao

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
This was the Best deadline week trade and it’s not even close. Really smart. Fits the age group, still signed cheap for 2 more seasons. Addresses a roster weakness. the summer of dorion continues….

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
This was the Best deadline week trade and it’s not even close. Really smart. Fits the age group, still signed cheap for 2 more seasons. Addresses a roster weakness. the summer of dorion continues….

If it's somehow even possible, the fit between the city and the player was even better than the fit on paper - which is damn near perfect.

Jakob was literally in tears when they showed him his Grandpa and family celebrating his goal during the post game interview. DJ Smith told him to bring gramps along to the rink for breakfast everyday and watch them practice.

It's hard not to be a little bit touched when you get to see the exact moment of someone living through their dream come true. This was once a little kid who watched two games of Ottawa in the Stanley Cup Finals against Anaheim, and grew up dreaming of playing for them one day. And now he gets to do it in front of his self proclaimed favourite person on the planet.

He became an Ottawa fan favourite faster than Ive ever seen any new player before in team history. There's never been a young star player so genuinely proud and overjoyed with happiness to be an Ottawa Senator.

Last edited:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Oh nice!

It’s not two late 1sts and a late 2nd as I imagined.

It’s an early-mid 1st and a two later 2nds.

That’s alright with me.

Glad it’s done.
Really? Your glad that is all you got for him.
Sure you don't wanna go back and recheck some of you previous post on what he was going to bring and what you laughed at of what other teams were offering.:naughty:

DustyZ

Dec 2, 2022
With this one move I see us springboarding past all the wildcard chasers. And he's not a rental. Couldn't be happier

Reactions: Rebels57

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
As a Kings fan who is still a tad jealous of the deal Ottawa ended up getting for Chychrun, I must say that I'm stoked that he landed in a place that he seems to have already fallen in love with.

Ever since the 2020 draft I've taken a keen eye on Ottawa because of the Byfield/Stützle comparisons and Stützle – it seems every time I turn on a Ottawa game the kid is scoring.

Ottawa has a great core and it's super hard not to root for you Senator fans to make the post season.

:cheers:

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
What a shitty deal. Did Chychrun come with a bow tie on his head? Rumours are other teams were waiting to hear back to negotiate, he would have returned more. Pathetic gift to Ottawa.

While gross, that shit is some of the most nutrient-dense food you can consume.
It that what the Liver King told you? Try some testicle he says those are great! Gross.

• Haha
Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
If it's somehow even possible, the fit between the city and the player was even better than the fit on paper - which is damn near perfect.

Jakob was literally in tears when they showed him his Grandpa and family celebrating his goal during the post game interview. DJ Smith told him to bring gramps along to the rink for breakfast everyday and watch them practice.

It's hard not to be a little bit touched when you get to see the exact moment of someone living through their dream come true. This was once a little kid who watched two games of Ottawa in the Stanley Cup Finals against Anaheim, and grew up dreaming of playing for them one day. And now he gets to do it in front of his self proclaimed favourite person on the planet.

He became an Ottawa fan favourite faster than Ive ever seen any new player before in team history. There's never been a young star player so genuinely proud and overjoyed with happiness to be an Ottawa Senator.
It's nice to see a player go somewhere they really want to play. As much as I'd have wanted him on the Sabres, it reminds me a bit of Tuch getting traded to Buffalo and how happy he was to be traded to a team most people probably have on their NTC's. Hope he does well in Ottawa, just not against Buffalo.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
What a shitty deal. Did Chychrun come with a bow tie on his head? Rumours are other teams were waiting to hear back to negotiate, he would have returned more. Pathetic gift to Ottawa.

It that what the Liver King told you? Try some testicle he says those are great! Gross.
Why the hate?

So far he seems to really fit with our core - great to see. He adds something the back end has missed for a while, a big shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad