Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XXXIV: March Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
And I hate the "it's the NIT" excuse. They're college basketball players, and some of them playing the last game of their life that anyone will actually give a **** about. They didn't get what they wanted and quit. Have some pride and at least go out there and act like you give somewhat of a crap. What they did last night was quite frankly embarrassing, and part of that is on Groce too. I am really starting to doubt him right now.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
May be weird saying this, but I think the deeper Kentucky gets in the tourney, the more likely they are to win. I mean that's obvious since there is less teams, but I believe they are a better team as the competition gets tougher. I could very we'll see them losing in an early round against a team they're taking lightly. But when they know they are about go against some food competition, they seem to bring their A game, and when they bring their A game, there is not a team that can beat them, I definitely believe that.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
May be weird saying this, but I think the deeper Kentucky gets in the tourney, the more likely they are to win. I mean that's obvious since there is less teams, but I believe they are a better team as the competition gets tougher. I could very we'll see them losing in an early round against a team they're taking lightly. But when they know they are about go against some food competition, they seem to bring their A game, and when they bring their A game, there is not a team that can beat them, I definitely believe that.

So you see them more likely losing to Hampton or Pudue\Cincinnati than someone later? You're crazy.

Elvis P

Revolution was a B side
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Kentucky is everything wrong with college athletics.
Agreed. Many people including myself used to really care about college bball in the 90s. Now I could care less.

Mirotic leads the NBA in fourth-quarter scoring average this month.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
It's still better than the NBA. The NBA is just a bunch of Ketuckys. Just because one team does that, doesn't ruin the sport. There is a lot of parity in the game these days and that especially makes tournament time fun. But yeah, the sport is ruined because of one program.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
It's still better than the NBA. The NBA is just a bunch of Ketuckys. Just because one team does that, doesn't ruin the sport. There is a lot of parity in the game these days and that especially makes tournament time fun. But yeah, the sport is ruined because of one program.

How is the NBA a bunch of Kentuckys and why is that bad?

Nothingman*

Kentucky is a symptom of what is wrong with college athletics.

Kentucky is what is wrong with that stupid rule that the NBA won't draft out of HS. Let them go there out of HS like almost every other sport and the NCAA would benefit. You wouldn't have these Kentuckys.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
NFS are you going to commit forum harakiri and change your avatar after experiencing the shame of Illinois?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Playoff NBA is better IMO. The best athletes in basketball playing basketball at its most intense. Ultimately college sports are talented kids going at it playing at a lesser level. True with all college sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad