OT: Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XXVII: Baez Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
Apparently Arkansas hates the Cubs (Cards fans, no surprise) and Nunavut hates the White Sox (huh?).

z6hVOeU.png

IkBokWQ.png

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/8/4/5967573/mlb-hate-map-world-yankees

Don't know what's more surprising... That the Cubs aren't the most hated team in Missouri or that there's apparently a plurality of White Sox haters in Nunavut (and Padres haters in the NWT)...

Granted, courtesy of SBNation, so take it for a grain of salt.

If I were to take that seriously, I guess I can get away with visiting Quebec, wearing Yankee gear without being taunted, "Yankee, go home!" :naughty:

As for why the Cardinals are the most hated baseball team in the Midwest, they were the first-ever and only Midwestern MLB team to defeat the Babe Ruth era Yankees for their first-EVER World Series title! I sense jealousy there. :laugh:

As for the Padres, getting some haterade from the Northwest Territories, must be the weather.

I am not surprised about why the Deep South dislikes the Nationals, especially with the recent events.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Baez Day, guys. Baez Day.

All seriousness, remember he's a rookie. He probably will have prolonged patches of stinking early on.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Baez Day, guys. Baez Day.

All seriousness, remember he's a rookie. He probably will have prolonged patches of stinking early on.

It is going to take him a decent amount of time to adjust. Preaching patience is definitely paramount, but a large portion of the Cubs fanbase will invariably be moaning him as a bust when he is striking out a ton early on.

I hope everyone here can keep things in perspective. That being said I am super excited to see him tonight.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yup. My hope is that he and our other prospects use the end of this year and next season to iron out their issues so that at we're ready and rearing to go for the 2016 season.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Happy Javier Baez Day! But yes, obviously I'm not going to miss it, but I'm expecting Baez to have a rough first series. Although, if he could get a hold of one, that baby might fly in that thin Colorado air...

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
We should catch a game together sometime soon.

Down is what I am. I was planning on going soon. Going to STL for the Wednesday game, but I know people from the convention I went to are coming up for a game. I'm pretty sure they'll be up for the Brewer series.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Okay, I guess I do get it. Never realized that's what that channel was. But..it still says Off-Air all night and doesn't show a baseball game for tonight, is that's what it is supposed to say right now?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Spurs just hired Becky Hammon as an assistant coach, first female coach in NBA's history and I believe first female coach, period, amongst any of the four major leagues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad