OT: Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XXVII: Baez Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Jalen Brunson is giving Illinois one of his three of five official visits he can use. Keeping two in his bsck pocket. Temple and Villanova the other two. Can't believe MSU got left out. His dad's arrest likely cost him the Temple job, so here's to hoping the Illini are in his top two.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
well, he's the best reliever the sox have. screw platooning him at DH, throw him in the 'pen.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Man remember how nice it was a few weeks ago when rumors made it sound like Danks was moveable

My god can we just get rid of him outright at this point DFA ,, Guy is never going to get back to the pitcher he was before injuries

Also Dunn looked better then Rienzo

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Man remember how nice it was a few weeks ago when rumors made it sound like Danks was moveable

My god can we just get rid of him outright at this point DFA ,, Guy is never going to get back to the pitcher he was before injuries

Also Dunn looked better then Rienzo

he's certainly better than belisario.

And if they wanted to move danks, they should have done it like 2 months ago when his standard stats were waaaay above where they should have been.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Was at the game, 30 rows behind the plate. Dunn was absolutely the highlight on the night. That was hilarious, I'll remember that for a long time.

Nights like tonight are what make baseball like nothing else. I was planning to go last night, then got free tickets tonight.

- Last night: awful night, delay to start the game, called after 7, Sox win.

- Tonight: completely blown out, beautiful night

Definitely enjoyed the game tonight more than I would have last night.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
That series loss against the Texas Rangers reminds me of the notion how Robin Ventura was traumatized by that beatdown Nolan Ryan dished out on him. :shakehead:(

Even though I'm an Ozzie Guillen fan, I'd love to witness Ventura overcome that mental block.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
That series loss against the Texas Rangers reminds me of the notion how Robin Ventura was traumatized by that beatdown Nolan Ryan dished out on him. :shakehead:(

Even though I'm an Ozzie Guillen fan, I'd love to witness Ventura overcome that mental block.

What are you talking about? :laugh:

Gotta admit, you are smart and witty.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
414 feet oppo taco for the go-ahead run. Got to love it. Can't wait until September when 1-5 in the order consists of Alcantara, Baez, Castro, Rizzo, and Soler.

JHG

Jan 8, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
Jalen Brunson is giving Illinois one of his three of five official visits he can use. Keeping two in his bsck pocket. Temple and Villanova the other two. Can't believe MSU got left out. His dad's arrest likely cost him the Temple job, so here's to hoping the Illini are in his top two.

Believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad