OT: Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XXVII: Baez Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I know Jalen Brunson pretty well and have been watching him since... Forever. Super quiet, great kid. I can't believe that he has had such a turbulent recruitment. I refuse to get my hopes up that he will be an Illini. He reminds me so much if Deron Williams.

Brunson
Evans
Jordan
Has Deron, Dee and Luther written all over it.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Very excited for Baez. His go ahead HR couldnt have been better for his first major league hit. No shortage of power thats for sure. First wave of prospects coming.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Patrick Mooney‏@CSNMooney·8 mins
Cubs DFA Nate Schierholtz and activate Kyuji Fujikawa from DL.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Going to be interesting to see if the Marlins pull him back and what the Cubs will have to get up to get him. Cubs rotation is getting awfully crowded when Dourbont comes back from the DL.

Arrieta
Wood
Jackson
Dourbont
Turner
Hendricks
Wada

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I read somewhere that Baez became the first Cubs in franchise history to hit a game winning hr in his MLB debut. Became the first rookie to do so since Miguel Cabrera in 2003. Baez is already making his presence known.

As for Jacob Turner, the Cubs claim him but I believe they still have to trade for him. My guess it'll be for a PTBNL which will be settle sometime in the offseason. Nonetheless, Jacob Turner is exactly the kind of talent the Cubs should be taking a chance on. I could see Turner becoming Arrieta 2.0.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I read somewhere that Baez became the first Cubs in franchise history to hit a game winning hr in his MLB debut. Became the first rookie to do so since Miguel Cabrera in 2003. Baez is already making his presence known.

As for Jacob Turner, the Cubs claim him but I believe they still have to trade for him. My guess it'll be for a PTBNL which will be settle sometime in the offseason. Nonetheless, Jacob Turner is exactly the kind of talent the Cubs should be taking a chance on. I could see Turner becoming Arrieta 2.0.

Don't think Turner throws as hard as Arrieta, but he's only 23.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Turners wiki page

Turner began the 2011 season at the Tiger's Double-A affiliate, the Erie SeaWolves. He was named the No. 1 Tigers prospect by Baseball America, who also stated he had the best curveball and changeup in the system. Overall, Turner was listed as the 21st best prospect in baseball by Baseball America, and the 15th best by MLB.com On July 30, 2011, Turner was recalled to replace Charlie Furbush, who was traded to the Seattle Mariners. He was sent down to the minor leagues after his debut, but was brought back up to the major league club when the major league rosters expanded to 40 players on September 1.

Turner throws four main pitches: a four-seam fastball (90–93 mph), a sinking two-seam fastball (89–93), a curveball (78–80) and a slider (84-86). He also throws a rare changeup (85–87), which is used almost exclusively against left-handed hitters. He often relies on the curveball with two strikes in the count.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
He got DFA'd, so he can't be pulled back without going through irrevocable waivers. He'll be a Cub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad