OT: OT Thread II: Where everything's made up and the points don't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it’s just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
This is it, the big time, the Final Four! I'm doing a hard rock reboot. Some music may even be repeated. The song of the day is GNR's (Jets) Welcome to the Jungle! The album of the day is Led Zeppelin IV:

Led_Zeppelin_-_Led_Zeppelin_IV.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevada Jones

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
I want a name when I lose. ;)
I never saw them live before Walter passed, and I truly regret it as they came to Las Vegas several times, even a residency at the Venetian spring last year. I kept saying, next time, next time, etc. as ticket prices for all concerts are soooo jacked up here. :(

Are they still really Steely Dan without Walter?

Fleetwood is touring this year without Lindsey, and I'm sorry, that's not Fleetwood Mac.

They should bill themselves as "Fleetwood Mac, not featuring Lindsey Buckingham." :laugh:

Kinda like Queen does "Queen + Adam Lambert." Who (whom?) I have seen, by the way. And no one replaces Freddie, of course, but Adam comes about as close as anyone can...I mean, Paul Rodgers?!? What the...? :huh:

Still, when I saw Q+AL, it was kinda weird. The tributes to Freddie were awkward and kinda uncomfortable (though necessary I think). And, I swear, most of the folks sitting around me were there to see Adam, and I got the impression they only thought of Queen as Adam's very excellent backup band! :biglaugh:

Had tix to see Queen w/Freddie years ago, but bad weather and a dead car battery forced me to miss the show. Ugh! Regrets, regrets! :(

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Is this some kind of six degrees of separation thing? :huh: :)
Yes, I forgot to use separate paragraphs. FM started as a great British Blues band with Pete Green who did the song "Oh Well". Paul Rodgers with Bad Company or as the solo artist who did the Muddy Waters tribute album is great.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Yes, I forgot to use separate paragraphs. FM started as a great British Blues band with Pete Green who did the song "Oh Well". Paul Rodgers with Bad Company or as the solo artist who did the Muddy Waters tribute album is great.

Yes, but I know FM (and I'll betcha most folks do, too) as the band with Lindsey and Stevie. In fact, and maybe I should be ashamed to admit it, I don't think I've ever heard any of the really early FM music. A pox on me! :laugh:

Don't get me wrong here...Paul Rodgers/Bad Company are great, one of my favorite 70s bands.

But Paul Rodgers/Queen? No. No good. :shakehead :laugh:

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
The song of the day is Enter Sandman. The album of the day is Deep Purple's Burn.

Deep_Purple_-_Burn.jpeg

Best NV athlete? I'll take Agassi's 9 Grand Slams and one gold medal.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
The song of the day is Enter Sandman. The album of the day is Deep Purple's Burn.

Deep_Purple_-_Burn.jpeg

Best NV athlete? I'll take Agassi's 9 Grand Slams and one gold medal.
Not a big metal fan, but I do like me some Sandman. :thumbu:

Also, that was the song played when Mariano Rivera came in from the bullpen for the Yankees. Never a big Yankees fan, but always liked Rivera...classy guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad