OT: OT Thread II: Where everything's made up and the points don't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
ExileMainSt.jpg

Agreed. The Stones and Zep > The Beatles and Dylan. If people (not you) want to blindly follow the Rolling Stone magazine mantra that the Beatles and Dylan are gods... um okay. I'll take most of the following artists over them. Here are 9 Top 100 all time classic rock albums that Rolling Stone magazine admits they panned in their original reviews: "Are You Experienced, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Harvest, Exile on Main St, High Voltage, Jazz, Nevermind, and Pinkerton". 10 Classic Albums Rolling Stone Originally Panned

Rolling Stone gave scathing reviews to just about every Zeppelin record ever released. If you read some of the original blurbs, they're really good for a laugh.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Just think it's necessary to name Engelland captain at this point.

Someone should also make their username: EngellandIsMyCity.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Just think it's necessary to name Engelland captain at this point.

Someone should also make their username: EngellandIsMyCity.

I'm of the "if it ain't broke" opinion on this. The guy is deserving, but they have had alternates all year and I wouldn't want to mess with stuff right before the SCF. Engelland will be back next season, so we should do it then. Maybe during the ring ceremony. :naughty:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I don't see the team naming a captain before the Cup is awarded. Now maybe later this summer or before/at training camp or even opening night, I think the organization will name one.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
I just listened to Cheap Trick's Live at Budokan. I miss live albums. Here's some artists whose live albums I recommend:

BB King, The Band, Bob Seger, Springsteen, Charlie Parker, James Brown, Jerry Lee Lewis, Hendrix, Johnny Cash, MC5, Muddy Waters, Neil Young - Rust Never Sleeps, Nirvana, Ramones, The Stones, Sam Cooke, and Talking Heads.

Last edited:

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
@Deacon Blues what about Journey?
Some members came from Santana who I love. Journey, like Foreigner and Re-o Speedwa-gon, were huge in my area when I was growing up, but I'm not a huge fan of any of them. I hope you "Don't stop believin" though. ;) "She was just a small town girl, livin in a lonely world, she took the midnight train goin anywhere, Just a city boy, born and raised in south Detroit" Copyright and all rights reserved by Journey

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Tentative deal reached with Caesars amid Las Vegas strike threat

Tentative deal reached with Caesars. Still have MGM negotiating.

Details of the tentative agreement with Caesars were not immediately released. Union spokeswoman Bethany Khan said in an email Friday that the tentative deal with Caesars is for nine properties on the strip: Bally's, Flamingo, Harrah's, Paris, Planet Hollywood, the Cromwell, the Linq, Caesars Palace and the Rio.

Hoping for resolution sooner than later.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
My mother has been visiting and it can be a little awkward. My son was playing an animated NBA video game and he was not playing the Cavs or the Warriors. My mom thought it was a replay of the NBA Finals. Sorry mom, cartoon characters from 2 different teams are not the real life LeBron, Curry, and KD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->