OT: OT Thread II: Where everything's made up and the points don't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvis P

U aint nothin but a hound dog cryin all the time
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
My classic rock song of the day is by arguably the best classic rock band ever and the best live band ever, the Rolling Stones' Satisfaction.

My classic rock album of the day is imho (along with their previous album Rubber Soul) one of the two best albums by this group:

Revolver.jpg

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
My classic rock song of the day is by arguably the best classic rock band ever and the best live band ever, the Rolling Stones' Satisfaction.

My classic rock album of the day is imho (along with their previous album Rubber Soul) one of the two best albums by this group:

Revolver.jpg

Also, you must soon pay homage to my favorite Stones song, "Gimme Shelter," which is, as you are well aware, among the top ten greatest songs of the classic rock era. ;) :yo:

Reactions: Aja

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Also, you must soon pay homage to my favorite Stones song, "Gimme Shelter," which is, as you are well aware, among the top ten greatest songs of the classic rock era. ;) :yo:
Agreed. I don't consider "Whole lot of shaking goin on" top ten (I'm gonna delete it and re-post it later) so "Gimme Shelter" will make the top 10.

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Makin Sunday's post 50 minutes early ET to bring us good luck in OT. The song of the day has the best intro in rock history, the Stones' Gimme Shelter.

The album of the day is by the hardest workin man in show business:

James_Brown-Live_at_the_Apollo_%28album_cover%29.jpg

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Don't think so.

Now, SJ-SF has been going up almost 10%/month for about 18 months. (SJ hit $1m median price for house/condo about two years ago.) The demand is there. Sold my place last July; it's probably increased in value by 20-30%. The demand is just incredible, and the supply minuscule. Very little undeveloped land. (A number of single story strip malls are being demolished and replaced by mixed use buildings, i.e., retail on ground floor and residential -- condos, apartments and/or hotel -- above. That's how the density is increasing.)

In LV, the supply of existing houses is small(ish), but there is a bunch of land available for development and more are being built.

Unless the economy collapses, unlikely to have huge impact on this.

Las Vegas construction employment remains far below peaks

More rationale. Construction employment HALF of what it was pre-bubbleburst.
The median sales price of previously owned single-family homes — the bulk of the market — was $280,000 last month. That’s more than doubled since hitting bottom and up 16 percent year-over-year, but still below the peak of $315,000 in mid-2006, according to Greater Las Vegas Association of Realtors data.
Builders, meanwhile, closed 9,400 sales in Clark County last year, according to Home Builders Research. It was the highest tally in almost a decade — but still nowhere near the peak of almost 39,000 in 2005 alone.

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The song and album of the day are by Rolling Stone magazine favorite Bob Dylan. The song is (pun intended) Like a Rolling Stone and the album is:

Bob_Dylan_-_Highway_61_Revisited.jpg

My top 7 NHL players are listed in my sig. I just wish Nevada Jones agreed with even one of them! ;)

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
The song and album of the day are by Rolling Stone magazine favorite Bob Dylan. The song is (pun intended) Like a Rolling Stone and the album is:

My top 7 NHL players are listed in my sig. I just wish Nevada Jones agreed with even one of them! ;)
Can't really disagree with any of them! But if you wanted to make your list a top 8, how about The Rocket?

And, no, I'm not old enough to remember having seen him play...I wouldn't have even been five years old. My memory not that good! :laugh:

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

Best song on Highway 61 is Queen Jane Approximately.

Is there a user setting to view signatures? I didn't know anyone had one on this site. :laugh:

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Can't really disagree with any of them! But if you wanted to make your list a top 8, how about The Rocket? And, no, I'm not old enough to remember having seen him play...I wouldn't have even been five years old. My memory not that good! :laugh:
Agreed. Either the Rocket or Eddie Shore. I saw Gordie Howe.

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Best song on Highway 61 is Queen Jane Approximately. Is there a user setting to view signatures? I didn't know anyone had one on this site. :laugh:
It's the default setting. You have to be a premium member or a current or former mod to have one.

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The classic rock song of the day is the Beatle's Hey Jude. The classic rock album of the day is by the best rock guitarist:

Are_You_Experienced_-_US_cover-edit.jpg

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Not sure if it's possible, but that album still doesn't get enough credit. Hendrix was a genius.
Agreed. He had to move to London to get "discovered" after years of playing for American bands. Believe it or not.

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
ATL

What is your favorite car music? Obviously, the Beach Boys and Jan and Dean are car classics. Two of my favorites car artists are Sam and Dave and Steve "Back in the High Life Again" Winwood. I also like songs such as Low Rider, Pink Cadillac, Maybellene, Little Red Corvette, Mustang Sally, (Baby You Can) Drive my Car, Moving in Stereo, and Cars.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Hey guys, I will be visiting your beautiful city this weekend and I was wondering where the best place to watch the game on Friday night would be. Is Toshiba Plaza a good place for tailgating?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad