Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

PuckLucker

Feb 18, 2024
9-1 in the past 10 games :)
Getting strong and coming together at the right time.

I think the Gennies will lock-up first place in the East

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast

Having grown up in the shwa through the Lindros years etc I am glad to see Oshawa doing well. Any chance they win the OHL championship? Are they that good? I guess 2015 they went to the Memorial Cup.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

Don’t get too far ahead. Still two vs Sudbury and one vs Kitchener. Not an easy schedule but good on them for reeling of 8 straight to have a chance.

Reactions: Roadhog

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Don’t get too far ahead. Still two vs Sudbury and one vs Kitchener. Not an easy schedule but good on them for reeling of 8 straight to have a chance.
Personally, the one team I do not want to face in the 1st round is Ottawa of all teams. They have had our Number all year though it has been a tight season series. Oshawa is 2-3-3 against them this year.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Personally, the one team I do not want to face in the 1st round is Ottawa of all teams. They have had our Number all year though it has been a tight season series. Oshawa is 2-3-3 against them this year.

The odds of Ottawa and Oshawa lining up in the first round is pretty slim.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
not necessarily. If Sudbury takes Oshawa twice and Kitchener beats Oshawa....stars could line up to have Oshawa and Ottawa finish 4th and 5th

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Oshawa shuts Sudbury up early and never looked back in what was supposed to be a statement game for Sudbury actually ended being one for Oshawa.

Sudbury is awful right now. Their goaltending is almost embarrassing. That team is lost. I thought MAYBE they could push back a bit at home but there is no push in that team right now.

Good for Oshawa to take advantage. IF I am being a little critical, the five goals against isn’t a good look. Letting them back in the game a few times isn’t ideal. But, a win is a win.

squireprods

May 8, 2023
I’m hoping for a Barrie Colts or Kingston Frontenacs 1st round matchup. Chances are looking good right now that we’ll get one of those two.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Nobody is surprised that Sudbury scored 5; they are the second highest scoring team in the league, averaging nearly 5 per game.

Putting in 8 and only one empty netter was impressive. Never letting Sudbury get within 2, also impressive.

If I am being a little critical, I think you are being unfairly critical.

Reactions: yessir29292

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Sudbury is awful right now. Their goaltending is almost embarrassing. That team is lost. I thought MAYBE they could push back a bit at home but there is no push in that team right now.

Good for Oshawa to take advantage. IF I am being a little critical, the five goals against isn’t a good look. Letting them back in the game a few times isn’t ideal. But, a win is a win.

Not just their goaltending, their overall team defensive play is a bigger problem

Oshawa keeps it simple, gets pucks deep, plays decent in their zone and gives up little space. All the boring but winning cliches apply here

Reactions: Roadhog

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Not just their goaltending, their overall team defensive play is a bigger problem

Oshawa keeps it simple, gets pucks deep, plays decent in their zone and gives up little space. All the boring but winning cliches apply here
No argument from me there. The frustrating part for Sudbury is they can be that team too. I normally wouldn’t pick on a team the way I just did with Sudbury but it is ONLY because they can be so much better with the right commitment. They really should be the top team in the Conference. Their goaltending probably wouldn’t look as bad if they played some responsible defence and understood the value of goal suppression.

Oshawa understands the value of goal suppression. It allows you to win games when you don’t deserve to. All the other top teams int he Eastern Conference benefit from solid goal suppression. Some more than others but they all are committed to defence.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
If Oshawa gets at least 1 point today, they guaranteed cannot finish worse than 5th place and couldn't not be caught by Ottawa

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
I’m surprised Donnie740 hasn’t come around to congratulate Griffin on his first goal. Whatever happened to those insightful updates?

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
No its not
Screenshot_20240319_000432_X.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad