Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
What’s happening with Tarasevich? Not dressing but still on the roster. I would guess they are trying to move him?

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
What’s happening with Tarasevich? Not dressing but still on the roster. I would guess they are trying to move him?
They will keep him on the roster until the cut down date in December where they have to go from 4 OAs rostered to 3.

They do this for the time being incase another OA gets hurt, potentially for an extended period of time.

Afterwards, if not traded, he will be cut.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Thanks Hush10. I thought the overage cut down date had already passed. Your insights seem tocover this.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Teams can keep 4 OAs until the day before the trade deadline in january.
I thought they were different dates but regardless. I dont see any team chasing down Tarasevich's services so he will likely just grt waived and play JrB somewhere

Ogie Junior

Apr 6, 2020
I thought they were different dates but regardless. I dont see any team chasing down Tarasevich's services so he will likely just grt waived and play JrB somewhere
And I think only Brantford and Ottawa don't already have a full compliment of OA's too.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Peterborough 3 Oshawa 2 Gwg Beck.
1700423762005.png

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
I agree with the undisciplined comment above. The team seems to fade as the games go on. Little or no secodnary scoring and apparently little grit or resol;ve. This coach does not impress!

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
I dont know what was worse, the officiating or the lack of effort after 20 minutes of play from the Gens.

I'm gonna say the lack of effort cause no team should ever lose a 5-0 lead. Their lack of effort was on a Niagara level of embarrassment. I left once Peterborough tied the game, knowing they would win.

However, the referees, Cairns specifically should have his licence revoked.

This team is not playing like a team that's supposed to be be all in next year. A full healthy team today and they completely collapsed.

End of rant, onward and upward.

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
I dont know what was worse, the officiating or the lack of effort after 20 minutes of play from the Gens.

I'm gonna say the lack of effort cause no team should ever lose a 5-0 lead. Their lack of effort was on a Niagara level of embarrassment. I left once Peterborough tied the game, knowing they would win.

However, the referees, Cairns specifically should have his licence revoked.

This team is not playing like a team that's supposed to be be all in next year. A full healthy team today and they completely collapsed.

End of rant, onward and upward.
I agree the refs were bad but "Niagara level of embarrassment", that is unnecessary roughness on a neutral third party when they are down lol.

Reactions: Tobyboy

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
I agree with the undisciplined comment above. The team seems to fade as the games go on. Little or no secodnary scoring and apparently little grit or resol;ve. This coach does not impress!
Which is crazy considering Laxdal’s coaching resume is pretty impressive compared to some of the other coaches we’ve had over the years. Makes me wonder if it’s also the players he’s given to work with.

The East is wide open, but I haven’t seen any indication of the Gennies being any sort of threat. Personally wouldn’t mind this team just bottoming out and getting a top draft pick at this point

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Which is crazy considering Laxdal’s coaching resume is pretty impressive compared to some of the other coaches we’ve had over the years. Makes me wonder if it’s also the players he’s given to work with.

The East is wide open, but I haven’t seen any indication of the Gennies being any sort of threat. Personally wouldn’t mind this team just bottoming out and getting a top draft pick at this point
At least to me, an outsider looking in, I find it hard to believe the Gens are positioned where they are at this moment. Finally they are fully healthy which will undoubtedly change the tide, but there is a lot of quality talent on this team and there are 3 lines that could burn you

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
At least to me, an outsider looking in, I find it hard to believe the Gens are positioned where they are at this moment. Finally they are fully healthy which will undoubtedly change the tide, but there is a lot of quality talent on this team and there are 3 lines that could burn you
As another outsider looking in. I think Oshawa has good depth at forward but needs help on defence. They likely need to add a veteran defenceman. What is interesting is six of the seven Generals defencemen are right shots.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tobyboy

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Beckett Sennecke suspended 3 games. Will miss all 3 games this coming weekend. OTT x2 and Sudbury

Will be eligible to return Saturday December 2nd against Brantford

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Beckett Sennecke suspended 3 games. Will miss all 3 games this coming weekend. OTT x2 and Sudbury

Will be eligible to return Saturday December 2nd against Brantford
Embarrassing dive by Mayer, but the refs didn’t bite on it. Absolutely no reason for Sennecke to skate by with a spear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad