Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Another good showing from the Gens tonight. Sennecke, Kumpulainen and Roobroeck were toying with them for long stretches of the night. The Sennecke assist on G1 and Kumpulainen assist on G3 were both disgusting.

Obviously very early in the season but even without Ritchie it looks like the Gens can compete to win the East Division this year. Brantford, Ottawa, Kingston, Peterborough all look similar to the Gens at this point but I prefer the Gens offence and top 4 D to any of those teams. Petes will sell off. BRT probably will too. Who knows what KGN/OTT will do

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Solid showing against Missy last night. A couple good tilts too. Love seeing Roobroeck and McIntyre stand up for the other guys. Add Fraser McDonell to that too. Good on the rookie for stepping up to take on an OA.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Will the Gennies be hiring another assistant coach. If so, who would you like to see come here?

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Was gonna say danford is way bigger but then changed it to McGowan is way smaller. I get we’re both biased but you can’t say with a straight face danford won lmao. McGowan 100% clobbered the guy while being 5 inches shorter.

• Haha
Reactions: Frank the Skank

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Was gonna say danford is way bigger but then changed it to McGowan is way smaller. I get we’re both biased but you can’t say with a straight face danford won lmao. McGowan 100% clobbered the guy while being 5 inches shorter.
I never said Danford won. But you will never have any credibility ever if you say McGowan "clobbered" him lol. That's a split decision fight. Which is my point. Danford is not a fighter.

You clearly just started watching McGowan when he came to Kingston because I saw you said that isn't his game. He's from Oshawa and I watched him a lot before the OHL, especially his U18 season for the minor Gens lol. Playing extremely physical and mixing it up after the whistles is veryyy much a part of his game.

But regardless, it's now a week later and you're still arguing on another teams thread about a split decision fight where neither guy went down (a convo that started because your buddy jumped in and wrongly said McGowan crushed Danford when it wasn't Danford who got hit). Move on

Reactions: HUSH10

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I never said Danford won. But you will never have any credibility ever if you say McGowan "clobbered" him lol. That's a split decision fight. Which is my point. Danford is not a fighter.

You clearly just started watching McGowan when he came to Kingston because I saw you said that isn't his game. He's from Oshawa and I watched him a lot before the OHL, especially his U18 season for the minor Gens lol. Playing extremely physical and mixing it up after the whistles is veryyy much a part of his game.

But regardless, it's now a week later and you're still arguing on another teams thread about a split decision fight where neither guy went down (a convo that started because your buddy jumped in and wrongly said McGowan crushed Danford when it wasn't Danford who got hit). Move on
Before this season was his rookie season. He was tough before his freak injury. After that he played scared the rest of the year after he came back. This year coming back he’s gone back to that physical presence.

Also if you wanted to move on you’d stop arguing as well lol. 2 way street.

Nobody on here is my buddy lol. I love seeing the gossip about the players and the different opinions. That’s what I’m here for.

Have a good night.

• Haha
Reactions: Frank the Skank

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
So what is the story behind the new haircuts sported by the starting lineup tonight?

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
I was severely wrong yesterday 😆

Today, lets say Gens win 4-2 GwG Kumpulainen

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Glad to get 2 wins this weekend, especially 1 against the the Petes. But holyyy the powerplay is abysmal. It’s completely taking them out of games not being able to take advantage of those opportunities. Not having Ritchie definitely hurts, but I hope Roger isn’t expecting him to come back and solve all of the PP woes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad