Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech7817

Sep 29, 2019
As a Petes fan, this is a head scratcher. The general consensus was Gauvreau was the odd man out. Enjoy Lockhart!

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Good pick up on Lockhart. Should be a good 2nd line centre for you guys

As a Petes fan, this is a head scratcher. The general consensus was Gauvreau was the odd man out. Enjoy Lockhart!
No question gauvreau is the worst one of the bunch however you won’t get anything for him. So they traded Lockhart to maximize returns. Mayer will be traded too. Just the question is when.

Reactions: HockeyPops

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Fantastic game from Beckett Sennecke, he’s definitely looking like a 1st rounder next year. If he keeps playing like this he could be top 10. Hits first goal was an absolute beauty cutting in from the LW and blowing right past the defender. Loved seeing him scrapping in the 2nd period dust up.

Jake Oster was fantastic in net and made several game saving stops in the 3rd period when Peterborough was dominating play.

Power play needs to get more shots off instead of this cute little pass, pass, pass BS.

Ugly injury to Ethan Toms in the 2nd period skirmish when his face got badly sliced open by a skate. Really hope he’s ok, that did not look good as he was gashed open from his chin to his nose.

Looking ahead to Sunday night, Generals need to capitalize on the momentum from last night and come out of this weekend with 4pts.

For the love of God, surely they can beat a mediocre Branford team after already losing two games to them so far this year.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Fantastic game from Beckett Sennecke, he’s definitely looking like a 1st rounder next year. If he keeps playing like this he could be top 10. Hits first goal was an absolute beauty cutting in from the LW and blowing right past the defender. Loved seeing him scrapping in the 2nd period dust up.

Jake Oster was fantastic in net and made several game saving stops in the 3rd period when Peterborough was dominating play.

Power play needs to get more shots off instead of this cute little pass, pass, pass BS.

Ugly injury to Ethan Toms in the 2nd period skirmish when his face got badly sliced open by a skate. Really hope he’s ok, that did not look good as he was gashed open from his chin to his nose.

Looking ahead to Sunday night, Generals need to capitalize on the momentum from last night and come out of this weekend with 4pts.

For the love of God, surely they can beat a mediocre Branford team after already losing two games to them so far this year.
I heard about that, hope the Toms kid is ok.

Reactions: Smithsy

yessir29292

Dec 11, 2021
yes I forgot Luke Torrence. He is also likely not an OA we keep unless moves are made.

My guess is the OAs next year are Oster, D'Amato and Roobroeck pending trades that are potentially made
Torrance over McIntyre could definitely be on the team next year

Opinionated

Mar 27, 2014
I understand running with the hot goalie, but aren't the Gens running the risk of burning Oster out? I get that Bender is a rookie, but you need to mix him in and get him some game action . . . having him open a door all season isn't going to help him improve.

The Gens aren't going for it at all this season, so shouldn't they be focusing on development for the future?

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
I understand running with the hot goalie, but aren't the Gens running the risk of burning Oster out? I get that Bender is a rookie, but you need to mix him in and get him some game action . . . having him open a door all season isn't going to help him improve.

The Gens aren't going for it at all this season, so shouldn't they be focusing on development for the future?
The thing is, Bender isn't the future of this team, Gravelle is. They wanted Gravelle to develop in JrB for the year but could very well backup an OA Oster next year when the Gens go all in. Bender is, unfortunately, a seat filler for the time being.

Reactions: yessir29292

OshawaGens39

Dec 16, 2016
Oshawa
Hey Everyone

Anyone have any news on Calum Ritchie's injury and possible return to Oshawa? Hope he will be good to go for the World Juniors camp. GO GENS!!!!

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Hey Everyone

Anyone have any news on Calum Ritchie's injury and possible return to Oshawa? Hope he will be good to go for the World Juniors camp. GO GENS!!!!
Last update is he was expected to return this weekend (Nov 10th). Havent heard if he is still on track or not.

Reactions: OshawaGens39

AGranderson

Nov 20, 2022
To the member that looks after the Draft DB

Stings 6th is under the box of Spirts 5th
Niagara 5th is under the box of 67’s 2nd

Is there a reason for this or just a mistake

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Still no sign of Ritchies return, but McIntyre is back tonight. So close to having our full line up in tact.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Impressive game by you guys tonight totally dominated us. Not sure if it was our worse game of the year or you guys just made us look bab. Probably the latter more than the former,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad