Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Awagner3018

Sep 27, 2018
Is ritchie eligible to go to the AHL next year? If he is do we consider selling? and going for it next year with danford / sennecke / marrelli / griffin?

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Is ritchie eligible to go to the AHL next year? If he is do we consider selling? and going for it next year with danford / sennecke / marrelli / griffin?
No, this team is built for guys like Ritchie next year

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Kumpulainen and Roobroeck are though. Would be huge if those guys are back. I see Roobroeck coming back but not Kumpulainen
I for see all 3 coming back most likely. if the Wild aren't ready for Kumpulainen to be potential Crack top 6, they will let him stay on a strong team making a deep push next year.

yessir29292

Dec 11, 2021
I for see all 3 coming back most likely. if the Wild aren't ready for Kumpulainen to be potential Crack top 6, they will let him stay on a strong team making a deep push next year.
Isn’t he able to play in the AHL because he’s an import?

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Kumpulainen and Roobroeck are though. Would be huge if those guys are back. I see Roobroeck coming back but not Kumpulainen
Roobroeck got stronger, faster and better in the skills department. He is a rangers draft pick too. I think personally he will be traded to a contending team around the trade deadline this year and you guys get a 17year old and a couple of picks to help you for next year.

Kumpulainen not sure haven’t seen much of him but he is an 05 so he has a chance to be back. He’s a big boy though and teams like size. Who knows what Minnesota does with him.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Roobroeck got stronger, faster and better in the skills department. He is a rangers draft pick too. I think personally he will be traded to a contending team around the trade deadline this year and you guys get a 17year old and a couple of picks to help you for next year.

Kumpulainen not sure haven’t seen much of him but he is an 05 so he has a chance to be back. He’s a big boy though and teams like size. Who knows what Minnesota does with him.
I'm fairly confident we don't move any of our top 05's unless the return is beyond expectations. The Generals will be mild at the deadline. maybe add a peace or sell an OA, I don't seem them making a big splash in either direction. They will be content finishing in the middle of the pack.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I'm fairly confident we don't move any of our top 05's unless the return is beyond expectations. The Generals will be mild at the deadline. maybe add a peace or sell an OA, I don't seem them making a big splash in either direction. They will be content finishing in the middle of the pack.
Yeah no 05 I don’t think will be traded. It seems to me that you guys will be great next year. Roobroeck is an 04 though.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Yeah no 05 I don’t think will be traded. It seems to me that you guys will be great next year. Roobroeck is an 04 though.
you're right, he was a re-entry into the draft. My mistake. Either way, I feel Roobroeck will be one of our OAs next year.

Possible OAs next year are.

Jacob Oster (G)
Ryder McIntyre (F)
Dylan Roobroeck (F)
Luca D'Amato (D)

If non are traded or signal a professional contract anywhere, I feel Ryder will be the odd man out as it currently stands. lots can change though between now and then.

yessir29292

Dec 11, 2021
you're right, he was a re-entry into the draft. My mistake. Either way, I feel Roobroeck will be one of our OAs next year.

Possible OAs next year are.

Jacob Oster (G)
Ryder McIntyre (F)
Dylan Roobroeck (F)
Luca D'Amato (D)

If non are traded or signal a professional contract anywhere, I feel Ryder will be the odd man out as it currently stands. lots can change though between now and then.
Torrance

Jul 6, 2008
GTA
Some thoughts on the 1st period..

Sennecke had a good period. Good effort as the deep forechecker at the end of his shift. He got the ES OZ start with 2.5 minutes left in the period. Good dish (when double teamed?!?!) to spring defensemen D'Amato on a breakaway. Good dash of speed to cut out than in at the end of the period for the chance. He also had an zone entry and dished on the floater that found the back of the net.

Marrelli QB'ing the PP. He looks smooth back there. A couple of good keeps at the line - although one was squandered by a not so great pass by him. Has the secondary assist on the Gens goal.

Danford kind of went under the radar that period. I noticed him towards the end.

Jul 6, 2008
GTA
Thoughts on the 2nd period..

Active period by Sennecke. Had a DZ start. Good interception around the Fronts blueline, 2nd effort diving to chip the puck away but all his teammates were changing. There was a shift he tried a move off the faceoff in the high slot but the defender poked it off of his stick. The next OZ start he got the puck off the draw and tried a quick shot that was blocked. On his next OZ start (this one on the PP) he was first to the puck off the draw along the boards and reversed it for the give and receive between Buckley and Marrelli. 3 different approaches in the OZ, which is good to see from a young player. Strong zone exit through the NZ. Sennecke deceptive closing speed, long reach and physicality on the forecheck

Marrelli unlucky to start the period with the puck hopping over his stick. Rebounded fine with a great period though. Smooth skating, with a good chance off the side post and a saucer pass later in the shift. I like watching him without the puck in the other teams zone, he's always watching and reading the play. Not reactionary but ahead of schedule a lot of the time. Broke up a 2 on 1. A couple of other nice passes and good defensive play to rim the puck around to his winger to get it into the NZ.

D'Amato with a beautiful backhanded no-look between the legs pass. Unfortunately it was to the other team. I've noticed him as the most forward Oshawa player on the ice at least twice tonight. Does he play rover?

How did Rolofs miss that slot shot?!?!

Oster a couple of great cross crease saves on Thibodeau that period

2-2 game heading to the 3rd..

Jul 6, 2008
GTA
3rd period thoughts..

Huge save by Oster on the SH breakaway. Couple other huge saves during the period. He also dropped the KGN player in front of his net but didn't catch which one.

Marrelli almost always makes the right first pass in his own zone. He won a 1 on 1 board battle in his own zone and good first pass to get the Gens out.

Crafty pro-move by Sennecke to find a sneaking in Danford for the one-timer goal. 3 point night for Sennecke.

Strong night in the faceoff circle for Roobroeck at 64%.

Tempers flare over at the end.

Tough loss for the Gens but the Fronts were probably playing with the new coach boost.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Huge save by Oster on the SH breakaway. Couple other huge saves during the period. He also dropped the KGN player in front of his net but didn't catch which one.
He dropped Savard, everyone around me at the rink got up and yelled for a penalty but as far as I'm concerned Savard skated right into him and Oster just held his ground.

Really fun game, Sennecke is the real deal.

Reactions: DraftEligibleOHL
Jul 6, 2008
GTA
He dropped Savard, everyone around me at the rink got up and yelled for a penalty but as far as I'm concerned Savard skated right into him and Oster just held his ground.

Really fun game, Sennecke is the real deal.
Thanks for the info. I enjoyed Sennecke's game tonight as well.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Is Ritchie going to play anytime soon? Is he practicing with the team yet, anything? The Avs told everyone Ritchie might play in our rookie tournament and since he didn’t nor hasn’t played yet the fanbase is getting restless and is ready to declare him a bust so any info I can pass along would be helpful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad