Oshawa Generals 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I still think this team is as talented as anyone other than Hamilton in the Eastern Conference. But I certainly wasn't expecting 19th PK and 20th PP. With basically the exact same personnel on both units as last year, it blows my mind. I still don't see the Gens missing the playoffs though. So that would mean a 1st round pick around 5-7 even if the Gens are low in the Eastern Conference standings come the end of the year.

Let's hope Mississauga sells because the Gens have their 2nd round pick in the next draft. So if Missy stays where they are now, that pick would be like 22nd overall

I wonder if Hunt knows if Vancouver intends on signing Brassard or not. That would factor very largely into a Stillman trade or not. If Brassard is going to be signed, then move him and give Blacker more minutes. If Brassard isn't going to get signed, move Stillman and give Blacker more minutes

Would you rather not see Miss use the bit of assets they have for a run? If Miss successfully traded M.Mcloed, Tippet, & Hague; they could be re-loaded in one season.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Would you rather not see Miss use the bit of assets they have for a run? If Miss successfully traded M.Mcloed, Tippet, & Hague; they could be re-loaded in one season.

They wouldn't move all 3 but I get your point. I'm confident the Gens would still be better than them though. Noel/McShane/Studnicka should all dominate the OHL next year and Keyser likely will be a top 5 goalie. I'd love that 2nd to be 22-24 range. Could gamble on a big name there

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
When the other team wins in overtime it means your team lost...but u knew that.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
When the other team wins in overtime it means your team lost...but u knew that.

Niagara is in obvious sell mode because they lost to Erie. Everyone knows that only the games vs Erie matter in determining sell vs buy.....

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Generals traded Riley Stillman to Hamilton for don't know yet but this is according to OHLinsider so not official yet

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
A 2nd and 2 3rds would be a return I’m happy with for Stillman since he’s been so bad this year. Hopefully Hamilton is paying based on how he played last year lol

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Brock Otten nearly nailed this Stilman trade in his trade deadline preview two weeks ago. Well played, Brock!

Reactions: aresknights

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
They wouldn't move all 3 but I get your point. I'm confident the Gens would still be better than them though. Noel/McShane/Studnicka should all dominate the OHL next year and Keyser likely will be a top 5 goalie. I'd love that 2nd to be 22-24 range. Could gamble on a big name there

That's a bold statement regarding Keyser. He'll need to take a very big step forward to make it into the elite tier of goalies.

Where do you see him in this group?

DiPietro
Villalta
Raaymakers
Dhillon
Popovich

Ingham, Johnson, Donofrio, Propp, and others look like good bets to have solid seasons next year as well.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Re the Stillman trade; Hunt got as much or more than what Candella and Mattinen brought and it's just for half the season compared to the full season for the latter two. Hmm.

vince

Dec 6, 2017
except you forgot to say that Candella is crap, and Hamilton still got that much for him

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
That's a bold statement regarding Keyser. He'll need to take a very big step forward to make it into the elite tier of goalies.

Where do you see him in this group?

DiPietro
Villalta
Raaymakers
Dhillon
Popovich

Ingham, Johnson, Donofrio, Propp, and others look like good bets to have solid seasons next year as well.

I don't think Dhillon is back in the OHL next year and I have Keyser just behind DiPietro/Raaymakers. Not better than Villalta but as good. Keyser with a .934 save % since returning from the injury. He might be the most athletic goalie in the league not named DiPietro already

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I don't think Dhillon is back in the OHL next year and I have Keyser just behind DiPietro/Raaymakers. Not better than Villalta but as good. Keyser with a .934 save % since returning from the injury. He might be the most athletic goalie in the league not named DiPietro already

Where do you expect Dhillon to play as an undrafted OA? I think there's a high chance that he returns.

I'll happily eat crow if you end up being correct, but Villalta is head and shoulders ahead of Keyser right now and I don't expect that to change next season.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Where do you expect Dhillon to play as an undrafted OA? I think there's a high chance that he returns.

I'll happily eat crow if you end up being correct, but Villalta is head and shoulders ahead of Keyser right now and I don't expect that to change next season.

I think someone will sign Dhillon.

And that's your opinion. I personally don't like Villalta much at all. Put him on anyone but the best team in the country and I don't think he's doing anything special, but that's my opinion. A .909 save % on by far the best team in the country is nothing to write home about

But regardless, the original convo was between OSH/MISS teams next year and I think Keyser is by far better than Ingham and it's not close

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I think someone will sign Dhillon.

And that's your opinion. I personally don't like Villalta much at all. Put him on anyone but the best team in the country and I don't think he's very good, but that's my opinion

It's too bad that the LA Kings didn't have you on their staff before they spent a high draft pick on a goalie that isn't very good.

I'm disappointed with how much he has regressed since last season when he was an elite goalie on the third best team in his own conference. I suppose he's past his prime and no longer capable of that

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
It's too bad that the LA Kings didn't have you on their staff before they spent a high draft pick on a goalie that isn't very good.

I'm disappointed with how much he has regressed since last season when he was an elite goalie on the third best team in his own conference. I suppose he's past his prime and no longer capable of that

Not sure why you're just trying to pick a fight (edit: nevermind I clicked on your "recent posts" and apparently you do that alot on here...) but I guess I better let you know that the NHL draft is based 100% on projectability not what you are now. Will Villalta turn into an all-star NHL goalie? Maybe. That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying right now. Right now I don't love him the way you do. And saying that, I still said I think he's a top 5 goalie in the league next year, I just don't think he'll be "head and shoulders better than Keyser" like you were claiming lol

But to your snarky comment, I guess it's too bad the Boston Bruins don't have you on their staff because they let Subban walk so they could sign Kyle Keyser last off-season :sarcasm:. Weird that they would do that for a goalie who isn't very good!

You'll have to go back to your own thread looking for any more people to fight with though, my mute button is getting a workout today :help:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad