Oshawa Generals 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
I've seen some stuff around saying that we should keep Krastenbergs for next year. While I don't disagree, won't he cost 2 overage spots since he's an import? Or have I read that wrong somewhere?

Eamon5

Sep 1, 2007
I've seen some stuff around saying that we should keep Krastenbergs for next year. While I don't disagree, won't he cost 2 overage spots since he's an import? Or have I read that wrong somewhere?
No just 1 OA spot but also 1 of your import spots.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

1 OA spot (you get 3) and 1 import spot (you get 2). It is a tough decision because I do think Krasty is good enough to be an OA, but if Hunt can get a big name Euro (i.e. Tobias Lindberg) then he should go get him and you can use the OA tag on someone else. The Euro Draft is where the Gens really benefit from being a well respected franchise that has money. Some teams have a very tough time convincing players to come (because of reputation and lack of money to pay their team) but the Gens don't have that problem

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Gens starters missed 107 games last year (reg. season+playoffs). Already up to 78 this year and we haven't even got to Christmas yet. The slow start can directly be pinned on awful special teams and injuries. Simple as that

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Can you see Stillman ending up in SSM?

Is it true he was asked to be moved?

A couple Sudbury fans claimed he asked for a trade to play under his dad. I asked around a couple people I know in the Gens organization (although admittingly, none of them are Roger Hunt) and they all said it wasn't true, so not sure.

I'd be fine trading Stillman though

Reactions: HF92

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

Gens have had a great corsi this year to add to their great 5-on-5 play. Hopefully Keyser can fix the GA numbers when he comes back and Jones can fix some of the special teams numbers when he comes back

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Cole Ceci continues to be great. Would love to see him be given the game on Sportsnet tomorrow, he deserves it.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
A couple of things I heard at the game 1st Keyser has been practicing all week and so see some playing time either Saturday or Sunday and the other was told by an ex gm he said Stillman will be traded before Christmas but didn't say where we will see. We played okay tonight don't know if we would win tonight if ottawa would had there #1 goalie or there #2 goalie in net, but a wins a win

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
I just saw the Bob Jones SN this morning and WOW in June his colon exploded Dr gave him 20 percent to live, recovering and looking forward to get behind the bench. And I for one wish him a speedy recovery so we can see him behind the bench where he belongs.

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Such a frustrating game to watch. Keyser was great. Stopped 35/35 shots that didn't deflect off his D-man's skate and go in lol.

Cormier reminded me so much of Ken Appleby tonight.

I really liked the Henderson-Studnicka-Noel line tonight, Noel fed Henderson for 2 tap-in goals but got robbed by Cormier both times.

I guess tonight is what we hope for a bunch more times this year. Gens play pretty good but lose in regulation lol. This team isn't finishing in the top 4 so seeing the 2nd round would be considered an upset. That high pick and young player is looking more and more valuable as the losses continue to pile up

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Once again. I must reiterate...the Gens need to find some 'snipers' . The last two weeks are sure evidence of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad