Oshawa Generals 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
I think someone will sign Dhillon.

And that's your opinion. I personally don't like Villalta much at all. Put him on anyone but the best team in the country and I don't think he's doing anything special, but that's my opinion. A .909 save % on by far the best team in the country is nothing to write home about

But regardless, the original convo was between OSH/MISS teams next year and I think Keyser is by far better than Ingham and it's not close
Just consider that last year as a 17 year old Vilalta had a 2.41 gaa in 33 games compared to Raymakers 3.38 gaa in 41 games. That is apples to apples. Same team in front of both goalies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Just consider that last year as a 17 year old Vilalta had a 2.41 gaa in 33 games compared to Raymakers 3.38 gaa in 41 games. That is apples to apples. Same team in front of both goalies.

Also keep in mind that the backup goalie generally plays against the weaker teams while the starter plays against the good teams. Again though, I'm not saying Villalta is trash. I just don't think he'll be better than Keyser next year. I think they're both top 5 goalies next year

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
But back to Gens stuff....

Wonder what else Hunt has up his sleeve. Obviously he'll be looking to add '99 talent but those players usually don't hit the trade market that often.

For Gens who could be on the block I'd think:
-Henderson
-Allen
-Krastenbergs

Krastenbergs could bring a decent return and then you can get a Euro in the import draft who won't take an OA tag. I really don't think you'd get much for Henderson/Allen though. I'd be fine with keeping them all and trying to win a round in the playoffs. The Gens already have a cupboard full of picks. Getting a 3rd/4th for a legit OHL guy wouldn't help all that much

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Not sure why you're just trying to pick a fight (edit: nevermind I clicked on your "recent posts" and apparently you do that alot on here...) but I guess I better let you know that the NHL draft is based 100% on projectability not what you are now. Will Villalta turn into an all-star NHL goalie? Maybe. That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying right now. Right now I don't love him the way you do. And saying that, I still said I think he's a top 5 goalie in the league next year, I just don't think he'll be "head and shoulders better than Keyser" like you were claiming lol

But to your snarky comment, I guess it's too bad the Boston Bruins don't have you on their staff because they let Subban walk so they could sign Kyle Keyser last off-season :sarcasm:. Weird that they would do that for a goalie who isn't very good!

You'll have to go back to your own thread looking for any more people to fight with though, my mute button is getting a workout today :help:

You were the one that said Villalta is not very good. I did not say that Keyser will not be good. I said that he has some work to do to become a top 5 goaltender. I think that's fair.

After being called out for your rather outrageous comment, you have changed your tune and now call Villalta a top 5 goalie instead of 'not very good'.

It seems clear that you are the one that wants to pick fights. I simply wanted to discuss how good you thought Keyser would be next season.

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
You were the one that said Villalta is not very good. I did not say that Keyser will not be good. I said that he has some work to do to become a top 5 goaltender. I think that's fair.

After being called out for your rather outrageous comment, you have changed your tune and now call Villalta a top 5 goalie instead of 'not very good'.

It seems clear that you are the one that wants to pick fights. I simply wanted to discuss how good you thought Keyser would be next season.

Don’t worry, he is all over the map. Check this board . Generalsupdates is always all over the map with discussions. Usually ends up agreeing . I give generalsupdates props for being a generals fan but I’ve had my run ins too and don’t bother as much anymore.

Reactions: Fischhaber

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Don’t worry, he is all over the map. Check this board . Generalsupdates is always all over the map with discussions. Usually ends up agreeing . I give generalsupdates props for being a generals fan but I’ve had my run ins too and don’t bother as much anymore.

Would love to see 1 instance of that being the case lol....

If by "usually ends up agreeing" you mean that I get sick of fighting with anonymous trolls and stop answering (as is what just happened), then that certainly is an interesting way to look at it

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
I really don't think its too far fetched to say that Keyser should've been one of the better goalies in the league this season. 2 injuries in the first half of the season, plus a team in front of him playing nothing close to the systems the Gens have made themselves known for. I'm looking forward to seeing him bounce back in this last part of the season with Jones back. The Stillman trade is already good news since hes been a train wreck this season. Also wouldn't hate it if Roger grabbed another defenseman, similar to what he pulled off with Brassard.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014

Thanks for the warning. I hope I didn't bother you too much with my 'anonymous trolling'. Good luck to the Gens for the rest of the season!

Reactions: gensfan2k2

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
Would love to see 1 instance of that being the case lol....

If by "usually ends up agreeing" you mean that I get sick of fighting with anonymous trolls and stop answering (as is what just happened), then that certainly is an interesting way to look at it

Like I said I have no problem with your passion but generally you don’t like other opinions contradictory with yours. I rarely see any agree to disagree from you :popcorn:

A forum is about a mix of opinions.
But hey if you feel Ryan Moore who never played a minute as a General is Once a General always a general who am I to debate the sky is green

Last edited:
Reactions: GensLensBrandon

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Like I said I have no problem with your passion but generally you don’t like other opinions contradictory with yours. I rarely see any agree to disagree from you :popcorn:

A forum is about a mix of opinions.
But hey if you feel Ryan Moore who never played a minute as a General is Once a General always a general who am I to debate the sky is green

Okay but that’s not what you said the first time... thats a fair criticism that I don’t always agree with differing opinions (although this forum is literally to discuss your opinions with people). But the first time you said that I change my opinion and contradict myself. Those are very different but whatever.

And oh okay you’re the Moore guy on twitter. That was clearly a joke and you just completely missed the joke. He was literally a member of the Gens for 5 minutes so I made a joke on twitter and you went all in on me about it. Happens with twitter sometimes, can’t always tell if it’s a joke or not. All good

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Stillman...one goal, one assist in his 1st game for the 'dogs. Go figure!

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Stillman...one goal, one assist in his 1st game for the 'dogs. Go figure!

Haha you knew it would happen. I honestly hope he does really well for them though. Idk if it's because they're new to the division but I really don't have any distain for Hamilton even though they're a "divisional rival". Hopefully they win it all

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Nice win tonight in the only Thursday home game of the season. Keyser was great again, especially in that first 10 minutes of the game, he must've had 4/5 highlight reel stops in that span alone.

PBO and OTT both lost tonight so the Gens are in sole possession of 5th in the East now. Not a bad spot to be in considering Bob Jones isn't even back yet and you'd think that will give the team a huge boost getting him back

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Does anyone think Mr Hunt will make anymore trades?
I think he has to get rid of some 98's Brassard would probably fetch a good return but Allan Krastenberg, Ceci could also bring an ok return but the rest not so much.what do you think.

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
I could see him making more trades but Krastenbergs is the only one i could see moving more than likely but London and SSM are the only ones with open Euro spots

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
I agree Naz with your thoughts. But, keep Brassard and move Allen and Henderson. Neither would bring much but would open up ice for Rupoli and Wong etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad