Oshawa Generals 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Obviously Hunt adding a '99 game breaker would be ideal, but gotta think they're aren't that many out there that you could even get. Judging by rumours and other teams boards maybe Lodnia (Erie), Gilmour (Saginaw), and Levin (Sudbury). Although odds are that all 3 stay with their teams. If London doesn't get Mete back and decides to sell, I'd be fine with Hunt paying way too much for either Thomas or Formenton and trying to get them from London for the next 1.5 years. Would cost a whole lot but getting an elite game changer like that who will be back another year would be worth it IMO

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
Obviously Hunt adding a '99 game breaker would be ideal, but gotta think they're aren't that many out there that you could even get. Judging by rumours and other teams boards maybe Lodnia (Erie), Gilmour (Saginaw), and Levin (Sudbury). Although odds are that all 3 stay with their teams. If London doesn't get Mete back and decides to sell, I'd be fine with Hunt paying way too much for either Thomas or Formenton and trying to get them from London for the next 1.5 years. Would cost a whole lot but getting an elite game changer like that who will be back another year would be worth it IMO
They'd be great adds but I'd prefer Formenton because I think Thomas has a higher shot at sticking in the NHL next year

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
They'd be great adds but I'd prefer Formenton because I think Thomas has a higher shot at sticking in the NHL next year

Agreed. Also probably impossible because I doubt London would move them because they'll be back next year, but hey, doesn't hurt to make a phone call.

Antropov+whatever picks it takes lol

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
Agreed. Also probably impossible because I doubt London would move them because they'll be back next year, but hey, doesn't hurt to make a phone call.

Antropov+whatever picks it takes lol
with how Owen Sound are going, you could maybe offer something similar for Suzuki depending on how they feel about their roster

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
with how Owen Sound are going, you could maybe offer something similar for Suzuki depending on how they feel about their roster

Rumours seem to be OS is listening to offers for Gadjovich. And Durzi got hurt tonight so they might just trade the guys who will be gone and go for it again next year

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Any of the aforementioned players would add to the roster but none of them jump out at me. The two London lads are not standing out at the WJC right now. When the Gens went on their Mem Cup run, they added several players of that calibre. If adding one of the above breaks the bank, not worth it. This team needs 2-3 additions to seriously compete and overpayment for one of these players might prevent further purchase options. I like any or all of them but seriously doubt any will be made available.

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
Any of the aforementioned players would add to the roster but none of them jump out at me. The two London lads are not standing out at the WJC right now. When the Gens went on their Mem Cup run, they added several players of that calibre. If adding one of the above breaks the bank, not worth it. This team needs 2-3 additions to seriously compete and overpayment for one of these players might prevent further purchase options. I like any or all of them but seriously doubt any will be made available.
I mean the Memorial cup winning team didn't have a single player at the world juniors I'm pretty sure. Since they have a year and a half left they'd definitely be expensive but it's hard to argue that the team needs multiple world junior players when the team that won didnt have any

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
My reference to the 'aforementioned' was to Suzuki, Lodnia, Levin and Gilmour, not necessarily the ones currently at the World Jr. Tourney. I should have been more explicit.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

That's true. Although you could argue that all of Studnicka/McShane/Noel could all dominate the OHL next year whereas going into that year who did the Gens really have that they thought would dominate, just Dal Colle/Cassels? Mistele/McCarron/Lindberg/Mermis/Pederson all got added later and then Latour/Smith had career years

PEPSIHEAD

May 15, 2004
That's true. Although you could argue that all of Studnicka/McShane/Noel could all dominate the OHL next year whereas going into that year who did the Gens really have that they thought would dominate, just Dal Colle/Cassels? Mistele/McCarron/Lindberg/Mermis/Pederson all got added later and then Latour/Smith had career years

Just for clarification, Lindberg was on the team the entire Memorial Cup season. He played 67 games.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Just for clarification, Lindberg was on the team the entire Memorial Cup season. He played 67 games.

I know but I meant like at this time that year, like before that off-season. Technically we could draft a "Lindberg" in the coming Euro draft like we did that year

PEPSIHEAD

May 15, 2004
I know but I meant like at this time that year, like before that off-season. Technically we could draft a "Lindberg" in the coming Euro draft like we did that year

Okay fair enough, but we added everyone that season that didn’t play for the Gens the previous year...including Anthony Cirelli and you didn’t list Cirelli

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I mean the Memorial cup winning team didn't have a single player at the world juniors I'm pretty sure. Since they have a year and a half left they'd definitely be expensive but it's hard to argue that the team needs multiple world junior players when the team that won didnt have any
Windsor had 2 players at the WJT last year - Nattien with Findland and Sergachev with Russia.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Great day for the Gens. One of the biggest threats next year in Kingston really hinder themselves for next year and the Gens win 5-0, Keyser getting his first OHL shutout with 38 saves. Let's hope the rest of 2018 stays as well as today went lol

Keyser in his 6 starts since returning from his injury: 5-1-0, 1.83 GAA and a .946 save %

Top 5 goalie in the league next year :nod:

Last edited:
Reactions: H0CKEY17

GensLensBrandon

Nov 28, 2017
Great day for the Gens. One of the biggest threats next year in Kingston really hinder themselves for next year and the Gens win 5-0, Keyser getting his first OHL shutout with 38 saves. Let's hope the rest of 2018 stays as well as today went lol

Keyser in his 6 starts since returning from his injury: 5-1-0, 1.83 GAA and a .946 save %

Top 5 goalie in the league next year :nod:

Kyle definitely deserves some sort of recognition via goalie of the week/month if this play continues! So happy to see this from him after a rocky injury filled beginning

Reactions: Generalsupdates

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Kyle definitely deserves some sort of recognition via goalie of the week/month if this play continues! So happy to see this from him after a rocky injury filled beginning

Hard to not give goalie of the month to Villalta (which they did) because he didn't lose a game, but Keyser had a better GAA and save %

And that's not even counting his 38 save shutout because it was on January 1st

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Update on Antropov he got cut above the knee and has 16 staples to close it, Hunt mentioned it was lower body and will be out for a couple of weeks.

omarjsquid

Dec 8, 2014
Keyser has really stepped up his game. If he maintains consistency, he can be top five easily. I see Taylor Raddysh is rumored to be heading to the Soo, but I thought there was an "agreement" during the Cirelli trade last year that he'd be heading this way this year.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Keyser has really stepped up his game. If he maintains consistency, he can be top five easily. I see Taylor Raddysh is rumored to be heading to the Soo, but I thought there was an "agreement" during the Cirelli trade last year that he'd be heading this way this year.

If the Gens got the Memorial Cup then I think that would've been the case. But since they didn't, they won't be going for it this year so now it's off the table for sure

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
KGN trades Morgan ('01) and Dunkley ('00 averaging over a point per game) and several high picks to get Day (gone after this year), Pu (gone after this year) and Vilardi (hasn't played this year because of a back injury, 11th overall pick to LAK).

Kingston should no longer be able to keep up with the Gens next year IMO. They'll still have a decent squad if they get Vilardi and Robertson back, but will have no picks to upgrade and won't have a goalie as Helvig is graduating.

I think Ottawa/Niagara remain the biggest competition in the East next year as the rosters currently sit, if we're looking forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad