Only 96 playoff tickets went on sale in Toronto to the general public

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
i logged in at 3:01 and there were 0. granted I was searching for 2 (which i think it forces them side bybside).

I expected that though. it's that low.
Same thing happened to me. Ridiculous.
San Jose has tickets in the nosebleeds at under $50 for home game 1 lmfao
:cry: spent 700$ with 140$ extra in ticket master fees for 2 nosebleeds.. first game in like 10 years and it'll probably be another 10 till the next one :laugh:

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Why city of Toronto won't build a new arena to them with 25k capacity?

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Serious question - isn't this illegal? I figured the NHL had regulations for those types of things.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
How is it illegal?

What is illegal about it? The tickets were sold, that'd all that matters

Maybe illegal is a strong word but I would think the NHL would push making a minimum number of tickets available to the general public every game to allow the popularity of the sport to grow/expand to new fans. Ie regulations against selling 100% of seats as season tickets and putting out a minimum number of tickets (more than 96) on sale for every game.

I could see that being something that the nhl tries to enforce moving forward if this story gains enough traction

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Maybe illegal is a strong word but I would think the NHL would push making a minimum number of tickets available to the general public every game to allow the popularity of the sport to grow/expand to new fans. Ie regulations against selling 100% of seats as season tickets and putting out a minimum number of tickets (more than 96) on sale for every game.

I could see that being something that the nhl tries to enforce moving forward if this story gains enough traction

So screw season ticket holders because we have to let 'other people' have a chance at tickets?

It's not 'there are only 96 ticket to buy so screw you fans'

It's after season ticket holders, after fans who have signed up for Leafs Nation (which is free and gets you alerts to pre-sales), only 96 are left.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Center of the hockey universe.

Lower bowl tickets were apparently going for 980 bucks a pop.

Come at me.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
So screw season ticket holders because we have to let 'other people' have a chance at tickets?

It's not 'there are only 96 ticket to buy so screw you fans'

It's after season ticket holders, after fans who have signed up for Leafs Nation (which is free and gets you alerts to pre-sales), only 96 are left.

No not screw the season ticket holders i'm just surprised there's not a limit on how many season tickets you can sell. I assumed it would be no more than 80% or so.

In Montreal the arena holds some 21000 seats. I would assume the maximum number of season tickets allowed to be sold should be around 15000-16000 leaving 5000 or so tickets available to general public.

From the CBC story it sounds like around 700 tickets total are not held by season ticket holders which is shocking to me.

96 is bad, but ~700 including presales is just as bad.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
No not screw the season ticket holders i'm just surprised there's not a limit on how many season tickets you can sell. I assumed it would be no more than 80% or so.

In Montreal the arena holds some 21000 seats. I would assume the maximum number of season tickets allowed to be sold should be around 15000-16000 leaving 5000 or so tickets available to general public.

From the CBC story it sounds like around 700 tickets total are not held by season ticket holders which is shocking to me.

Don't forget they also hold tickets back for contests, player families and other things like that.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Incorrect. They were $1400 each in the 2nd row.

giphy.webp

And people still question why we are the center of the hockey universe...

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario

Sorry for the double reply. I found an article from June 2016 that stated there are 15,500 season ticket holders. So that would mean there are about 2700 tickets held back for those contests/families/charities and what not. I wouldn't be surprised to see an e-mail next Sunday/Monday to say more tickets have been released as those contests/families/charity tickets go unclaimed.

This happens all the time, with every team. It just so happens that there is a higher demand for Leafs tickets.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
If there was ever a market that needed a 2nd professional sports team it would be this one.

Ever seen the movie "Gangs of New York?"

If you want that to be played out again in down town Toronto by adding a second team in this market...be my guest.

(we could probably support 3 franchises easily)

Last edited:

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Every seen the movie "Gangs of New York?"

If you want that to be played out again in down town Toronto by adding a second team in this market...be my guest.

(we could probably support 3 franchises easily)

gangs of toronto. " Oh sorry was this your turf?" "yes that is my turf but you can use it if you want" " no thats ok we can go on our side now, sorry bout that" "im sorry too" " sorry"

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
people who work are not real fans.........real fans are unemployed so they can spend every day following their favorite team.

Real fans are every other sports team who stop following their hockey clubs if they go south...

Those are "real fans"

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad