Only 96 playoff tickets went on sale in Toronto to the general public

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Wondering why it's so hard to get Leafs playoff tickets? Only 96 went on sale to general public | CBC News

You've long known getting your hands on playoff tickets requires a miracle — or a rich uncle, tens of thousands of dollars for season tickets, or a boss willing to share corporate seats.
But now we know exactly how tough it is.
A CBC/Toronto Star investigation reveals only 96 tickets were ever put on sale for the general public through the online box office for the Leafs' first home playoff game against the Boston Bruins set for Monday at the Air Canada Centre.

Just ridiculous, and we wonder why ticket prices are so insanely over inflated when corporations buy them all up before any real fans get the chance. Those in smaller markets, appreciate what you have because this is bullshit.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I've never been to a Leafs game in Toronto.

Last time I did the math, which was a few years ago, it was more expensive to get 2 tickets in TO than to get 2 tickets, a hotel, and gas to drive to Ottawa, Buffalo, NJ, or Carolina.

I've done trips to the first 3 (as well as some other cities, but not because they were cheaper).

Ice and Whiskey

Apr 7, 2018
Reactions: DaveG

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I got one during presale, but a guy at work offered me good amount above face value so I couldn't justify not selling it. Lucky our media room has an 80' TV and insane sound system, so it will be like being there.

The prices were insane, and at 3pm there were almost none left.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Wondering why it's so hard to get Leafs playoff tickets? Only 96 went on sale to general public | CBC News

Just ridiculous, and we wonder why ticket prices are so insanely over inflated when corporations buy them all up before any real fans get the chance. Those in smaller markets, appreciate what you have because this is bull****.
:laugh: What?

I've never been to a Leafs game in Toronto.

Last time I did the math, which was a few years ago, it was more expensive to get 2 tickets in TO than to get 2 tickets, a hotel, and gas to drive to Ottawa, Buffalo, NJ, or Carolina.

I've done trips to the first 3 (as well as some other cities, but not because they were cheaper).
You're math must not be very good. I paid more to watch the Leafs in Buffalo without a hotel than I do at the ACC .

Reactions: Polansky

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Well let's see....there are season ticket holders who get first crack, then there are giveaways, promotions, and what not (yes this still happens in the post-season). Only about 100 for general sale sounds about right. Especially since I don't think there's much more than available to the general public during the regular season as well.

There will likely be more tickets released day of as there usually is.

Reactions: egelband

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
This should be a shock to no one. $$$$$$
I was lucky enough to get tickets to Game 6 in 2013 but I suspect that will be my only kick at the can at the ACC.

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
Nashville is only doing 100 per game too, I agree that it’s ridiculous... but it’s the price of success it would seem.
And you have to win a draft lottery to even be eligible to buy those tickets (limited to 2 tickets per lottery win). With the prices Nashville tickets demanded last year (highest in the playoffs), I'm not surprised at this.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
So this '96 tickets to the public' doesn't count the presale code I got yesterday that I could have acted on if I wanted to. Good to know.

The presale was to those signed up in Leafs Nation, which is open to the public.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
So this '96 tickets to the public' doesn't count the presale code I got yesterday that I could have acted on if I wanted to. Good to know.

The presale was to those signed up in Leafs Nation, which is open to the public.

When I logged in for presale it looked to be around 100 available

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
f***ing corporate hypebeasts ruining everything

3hiFDre.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad