Only 96 playoff tickets went on sale in Toronto to the general public

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
You just gave a long winded answer showing that Toronto is a Leafs city...
And I am not leaf fan but I want to watch NHL hockey. Many people want to watch their team and would prefer any team. I was lucky enough about 8 years ago to get a single ticket to see Minnesota which was the team that probably had he least demand. The leafs last minute club. Second last row behind the net was almost $150 after taxes.
Montreal could sell out a home game in Toronto quite easily if they wanted too.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
No I didn't. lol. They can still be hard to get tickets when most of it is corporate or season ticket holders selling them off. There is over 8 million people in the market and take away 25% of that there is still a lot of fans making it a high demand still. lol and like I said the corporate seats, the bottom half of the arena is filled with people who can't even name the whole lineup. Many of the true fans can't get tickets. The bandwagon fans that have money are the ones that are.

This is such BS. I get lower bowl tickets form vendors and am an avid fan. The myth that people who use corp seats aren't fans needs to go away.

Having a good job =/= a bad fan

Reactions: EdJovanovski

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Bay Street owns the Leafs. Who cares about fans?

I'll drink to that!

img_0192.jpg

Reactions: Riddum

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
This is such BS. I get lower bowl tickets form vendors and am an avid fan. The myth that people who use corp seats aren't fans needs to go away.

Having a good job =/= a bad fan
Myth. lol. There are some that are die hard fans. But the majority could really give a shit unless the Leafs are winning.
You going with a buddy paying for his ticket too and a couple other buddies and paying for their tickets too. Or are you paying for your family of four? Because if you are a single guy it is a little bit more affordable to go to a game. We make good money, but we can't afford to take a family of four to a game. We're looking at a grand for nosebleeds. Yet you seem to think that these seats aren't filled by corporate or people with money. You see father sons at the game, but seeing families at games is a lot more rare in Toronto than it is virtually anywhere else in the league.
And i never said it was all corporate. A lot is though. A lot is season tickets that are bought by groups of people that share the tickets. Not to mention they scalp them. A lot of them and it is impossible to get tickets.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Myth. lol. There are some that are die hard fans. But the majority could really give a **** unless the Leafs are winning.
You going with a buddy paying for his ticket too and a couple other buddies and paying for their tickets too. Or are you paying for your family of four? Because if you are a single guy it is a little bit more affordable to go to a game. We make good money, but we can't afford to take a family of four to a game. We're looking at a grand for nosebleeds. Yet you seem to think that these seats aren't filled by corporate or people with money. You see father sons at the game, but seeing families at games is a lot more rare in Toronto than it is virtually anywhere else in the league.
And i never said it was all corporate. A lot is though. A lot is season tickets that are bought by groups of people that share the tickets. Not to mention they scalp them. A lot of them and it is impossible to get tickets.

What does any of what you just rambled on about have to do with real fans? Why do only families of 4 get to be real fans? Why does my bank account determine how real of a fan I am?

I don't have kids, but am engaged, so it may not be as pricey as it is for you, that changes nothing about what you said.

Tickets are easy to come by, but are expensive, that is supply and demand. If you want it bad enough you will pay. I for example wanted a ticket for Thursday, so I bought one pre-sale. I realized $400+ for 1st row in the upper bowl was more than I wanted to stomach for 1 game with a wedding adn month long honeymoon coming up, so I sold it to a colleague.

I'll say this one more time. People going to a game on their companies tickets or people with money =/= a bad fan. I know many diehards that are just lucky to get work seats.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Isn't this pretty common in cities with large numbers of STHs? I doubt many go on sale to the public here either once the season tickets, friends/family, promotional tickets, etc. have been doled out. You generally have to get them on the secondary market.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
What does any of what you just rambled on about have to do with real fans? Why do only families of 4 get to be real fans? Why does my bank account determine how real of a fan I am?

I don't have kids, but am engaged, so it may not be as pricey as it is for you, that changes nothing about what you said.

Tickets are easy to come by, but are expensive, that is supply and demand. If you want it bad enough you will pay. I for example wanted a ticket for Thursday, so I bought one pre-sale. I realized $400+ for 1st row in the upper bowl was more than I wanted to stomach for 1 game with a wedding adn month long honeymoon coming up, so I sold it to a colleague.

I'll say this one more time. People going to a game on their companies tickets or people with money =/= a bad fan. I know many diehards that are just lucky to get work seats.
I never said that people with money are bad fans. I never said only families of four get to be real fans. You are putting words in my mouth. I just said that many of the people sitting in corporate are not true fans like you. Some are. Becasue there are so many corprate seats and so many seats that are bought and resold becasue of supply and demand it makes it harder for someone even making 6 figures to afford a game. My point was that there should be another team in Toronto becasue of that very reason.
You look at most people that go to games in most cities. Many are family events. Specials with families of four. Lots of kids at games. What you see in Toronto is mostly adults and sparse viewings of the odd father son at games. There are many people that are at games that are sitting in the corprate seats that could care less what the Leafs are doing outside of those three periods. Where as if you are spending and arm and a leg to go to a game, you generally are a big fan. Many of the people that sit in corporate are given free tickets or make enough money that a $3-400 for a ticket really isn't a big deal. The sitting around with your friends with a "hey whatya wanna do tongiht" mentality.
There are a lot of fans here that can almost never afford to go to a game with their kids. Yet, people living in Phoenix can go to a game for next to nothing becasue it ends up being little more than a price of a movie ticket.
I am not being a crybaby saying it isn't fair. That's supply and demand and I understand how it works. I am not saying corporate seats cannot be filled with fans. I am saying many of the people that are sitting in these corprate seats aren't fans. They call themselves fans and cheer and maybe even put on a Matthews or Nylander jersey. But many of these fans at the game now probably didn't have much of an interest in the regular season at all and the fans that are actually fans are left out int the dark. The true fans are the ones standing in maple Leaf square in the rain becasue they couldn't afford the tickets or couldn't get the tickets, while the guy who easily paid $500 for the playoff tickets would most liekly not be the guy standing outside at Maple elaf square and is probabyl spending the evening eating sushi with his friends watching the leaf game on the TV in the background and watching the replays of the goals that were scored as opposed to watching the actual game.

the4thlinegrinder

Jul 25, 2011
The Bench
I’d like to see a law in place where companies can’t use season tickets for a pro sports team as a tax right off because it’s a “business expense”. Maybe then there would be more tickets available to people who actually follow the team.

Reactions: Puckclektr

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
LOL people who can't afford tickets are better fans apparently. Get real.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I’d like to see a law in place where companies can’t use season tickets for a pro sports team as a tax right off because it’s a “business expense”. Maybe then there would be more tickets available to people who actually follow the team.

Lots of corporate people follow the team buddy, are most are probably more knowledgeable than the diehard idiots in the upper bowls yelling "SHOOOT" everytime a player touches the puck.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Lots of corporate people follow the team buddy, are most are probably more knowledgeable than the diehard idiots in the upper bowls yelling "SHOOOT" everytime a player touches the puck.

I wonder about that.

I've spent a fair amount of time in corporate boxes in Ottawa and I'm usually the only one trying to follow the game.

the4thlinegrinder

Jul 25, 2011
The Bench
I’ve been to plenty of games in Canada where people in the lower bowl are more interested in drinking wine and talking real estate than watching the NHL game that’s taking place in front of them. And yes, those people are getting free tickets.

I’m not saying that all people who get free tickets because they work for/are clients with the right company aren’t fans, but there is a very noticeable difference in the upper bowl vs the lower bowl in Vancouver and Edmonton because of corporate seats. The same can’t be said for Winnipeg, where there are fewer corporate seats and more people splitting season tickets.

Also I’m not your buddy, guy.

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
Reactions: GordieHoweHatTrick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->