Only 96 playoff tickets went on sale in Toronto to the general public

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Be careful, one of them may stick your hand out the car window until it freezes and falls off....

Holy crap, did you just make a Canada is cold joke? I feel like I just stumbled across an episode of that old Hurcules cartoon, that’s is some dated shit right there, lol.

Do one about igloos next.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
go south..........like play bad.... or literally move the team south ?

play bad.

go look at Detroit's attendance this year.

That's an 06 team? And the fans just ditch them because they missed the playoffs two years in a row after 25 post season appearances?

real fans?

nope.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Holy crap, did you just make a Canada is cold joke? I feel like I just stumbled across an episode of that old Hurcules cartoon, that’s is some dated **** right there, lol.

I had a hard time parking my dog sled at work this morning

dkhockey

May 27, 2007
Europe
play bad.

go look at Detroit's attendance this year.

That's an 06 team? And the fans just ditch them because they missed the playoffs two years in a row after 25 post season appearances?

real fans?

nope.
getting to the arena gets more and more dangerous every year.
watching the red wings lose is not worth getting shot over.......... thanks Obama :nod:

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
gangs of toronto. " Oh sorry was this your turf?" "yes that is my turf but you can use it if you want" " no thats ok we can go on our side now, sorry bout that" "im sorry too" " sorry"

I never understood this stereotype that Canadians are too nice "Ohhhh...so sorry, eh". Fighting in hockey started with hostile Canadians taking their aggression out on each other. Also, name one American on that Broad Street Bullies Flyers team?...Because I'm pretty sure a guy like Dave Schultz or Moose Dupont (70's era) would kick the crap out of any of The Eagles players past or present in a street fight.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I never understood this stereotype that Canadians are too nice "Ohhhh...so sorry, eh". Fighting in hockey started with hostile Canadians taking their aggression out on each other. Also, name one American on that Broad Street Bullies Flyers team?...Because I'm pretty sure a guy like Dave Schultz or Moose Dupont (70's era) would kick the crap out of any of The Eagles players past or present in a street fight.

Dave Shultz has never fought outside a hockey rink.

Flyers Where Are They Now?: Dave Schultz

A hockey rink to canadians, is equivalent to spring break for college students anything goes .

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007

The problem is in your logical jump. Canadians as a generalization are pretty nice and apologetic. Just because some Canadians have been violent/aggressive in a sports game, does not negate the rest of Canadians, nor does it mean those people were not really nice/apologetic outside of the sport.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
getting to the arena gets more and more dangerous every year.
watching the red wings lose is not worth getting shot over.......... thanks Obama :nod:

ugh...

But honestly...this "abandon my team because they suck" attitude is prevalent in every sports franchise.
God help any other original 6 club with the exception of MAYBE Boston, if they ever get a long term bad ownership...

That team would fold and be relocated.

And that's just sad.

Last edited:

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
The problem is in your logical jump. Canadians as a generalization are pretty nice and apologetic. Just because some Canadians have been violent/aggressive in a sports game, does not negate the rest of Canadians, nor does it mean those people were not really nice/apologetic outside of the sport.

Yes, we CAN BE nice and apologetic....I'm not disputing that. But the implication with OP's comment is that Canadians are all beta p***yes that avoid confrontation when provoked (Insert Canadian army joke here) It's just an old, stale and unoriginal type of joke. Should I comment about all Americans being fat, eating hot dogs and shooting their pistols at each other? (Although that sounds alot cooler than the former)

Last edited:

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
Yes, we are nice and apologetic....I'm not disputing that. But the implication with OP's comment is that Canadians are all beta *****es that avoid confrontation when provoked (Insert Canadian army joke here) It's just an old, stale and unoriginal type of joke. Should I comment about all Americans being fat, eating hot dogs and shooting their pistols at each other? (Although that sounds alot cooler than the former)

RZp8p.gif

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
I don't understand. I could find tickets to the World Cup of Hockey final for around 30 dollars. This was in Toronto with a loaded Team Canada playing Team Europe.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
Maybe illegal is a strong word but I would think the NHL would push making a minimum number of tickets available to the general public every game to allow the popularity of the sport to grow/expand to new fans. Ie regulations against selling 100% of seats as season tickets and putting out a minimum number of tickets (more than 96) on sale for every game.

I could see that being something that the nhl tries to enforce moving forward if this story gains enough traction

The same NHL that didn't have the foresight to play in the Olympics.

As long as Rattman is at the helm, nothing will be done to improve the league...but at least the owners are making money, right?

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Holy crap, did you just make a Canada is cold joke? I feel like I just stumbled across an episode of that old Hurcules cartoon, that’s is some dated **** right there, lol.

Nope, I didn't. You totally missed the allusion and it comes off even more hilarious in your sarcasm. There is a certain movie that had to do with overcoming social injustice and that's how they punished those who tried to rise up. Had nothing to do with Canada being cold....although that might work in January and February.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I've never been to a Leafs game in Toronto.

Last time I did the math, which was a few years ago, it was more expensive to get 2 tickets in TO than to get 2 tickets, a hotel, and gas to drive to Ottawa, Buffalo, NJ, or Carolina.

I've done trips to the first 3 (as well as some other cities, but not because they were cheaper).

I’ve been to two games in Toronto and I’m not a Leafs fan.

Snuuzi

Nov 3, 2017
This pisses me off and im not even a leafsfan. Cant imagine how it must feel for the fans

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I've never been to a Leafs game in Toronto.

Last time I did the math, which was a few years ago, it was more expensive to get 2 tickets in TO than to get 2 tickets, a hotel, and gas to drive to Ottawa, Buffalo, NJ, or Carolina.

I've done trips to the first 3 (as well as some other cities, but not because they were cheaper).

This has been a myth.

I bought Leaf tickets off StubHub a year or two ago. Sens vs Leafs in Toronto on a Saturday night. Tickets were $150 each.

I haven’t been to a game in Ottawa for a while but I believe tickets started at $100 for Leaf games a few years ago. So unless you’re paying under $50 for gas, hotel, etc, you’re not saving any money. And when you factor in time..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->