Friedman: On Evander Kane's Future

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
How is it that those four teams that are in on him haven't even had scouts seen at buff games... let me guess winter weather. No doubt teams are kicking the tires. But in the cap world, and with his reputation there is less interest than being reported. I'm sure some team will grab hIm but not at what you have bee asking

I don't know... but I'm going to ask.... i'll let you know as soon as I make it to the post office to see if a a response has arrived.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Depending on how long Callahan is out, maybe this puts Tampa into the conversation? Would Buffalo fans value picks or players more in a trade?

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Depending on how long Callahan is out, maybe this puts Tampa into the conversation? Would Buffalo fans value picks or players more in a trade?

Varies, we’d want a high end prospect and a 2nd/3rd or a 1st and a B prospect as the starting point. With your 1st being very late however, you’d need to add a 5th or 6th to start

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Varies, we’d want a high end prospect and a 2nd/3rd or a 1st and a B prospect as the starting point. With your 1st being very late however, you’d need to add a 5th or 6th to start
What are your needs as far as prospects go? Offense, Deffense etc.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I don't know... but I'm going to ask.... i'll let you know as soon as I make it to the post office to see if a a response has arrived.

Lol deflecting again. Hope Kane for the moon works out for you. I say good day now. Lol

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
How is it that those four teams that are in on him haven't even had scouts seen at buff games... let me guess winter weather. No doubt teams are kicking the tires. But in the cap world, and with his reputation there is less interest than being reported. I'm sure some team will grab hIm but not at what you have bee asking

The next time you're right about something might be the first time. Not a scout, but will you settle for the actual GM of one of the teams?

Reactions: Chainshot

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Yeah scores inconsistently. Has great start to contract year and he is just goat. Lol your funny guy

He literally has the 2nd most ES goals in the NHL over the last 12 months... Is that inconsistent?

I don't know what's so difficult here. Kane is a top tier rental. Is every GM going to want him... No, some will not. Others will.

There is a known marketplace for this type of rental... it's not hard.

We also know that teams sometimes expand on rental packages to make more of a shakeup trade. Kane could potentially be part of that type of deal as well, where Buffalo packages his rental value with long term assets, to get back more proven/better assets than the typical picks/B prospects that come in rental trades.

This shit isn't complicated.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Probably looking more at Foote or Hajek over Raddysh or Katchouk.
To be honest I don't see Yzerman making a move for Kane but if he does I think the fact that Sergachev has been so good would make the prospect of losing one of Foote or Hajek more palpable.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The next time you're right about something might be the first time. Not a scout, but will you settle for the actual GM of one of the teams?

There is no doubt the Flames have been scouting the Sabres, there is simply too much smoke. But I still have my doubts that Kane is the target. My gut says the Flames are more interested in Reinhart.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
He literally has the 2nd most ES goals in the NHL over the last 12 months... Is that inconsistent?

I don't know what's so difficult here. Kane is a top tier rental. Is every GM going to want him... No, some will not. Others will.

There is a known marketplace for this type of rental... it's not hard.

We also know that teams sometimes expand on rental packages to make more of a shakeup trade. Kane could potentially be part of that type of deal as well, where Buffalo packages his rental value with long term assets, to get back more proven/better assets than the typical picks/B prospects that come in rental trades.

This **** isn't complicated.

Bravo! :thumbu: To all the other team fans who continue to go out and say how he's a bad locker room presence (that was three years ago). He's been nothing but a model inside the locker room. His offseason issues were not a problem this past year. He's easily the best rental scoring forward available. He's in the top 6 in even strength scoring over the past season and a third.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Most Sabres fans hate Tim Murray and believe he did destroy our rebuild. But hindsight is 20/20, all his moves could have worked out well, but they didn't at all. The only one I'd do again is ROR.

Not a surprise. I wonder if people can re-count what he did before the Eichel/McDavid draft. I know he moved a lot of assets in order to lose (best position to win the draft lottery). Did he use all those assets to acquire ROR, Kane, etc.? Other than ROR, are there any fruits of his labour?

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
At the time Rattie and Jaskin were untouchable prospects, and Buffalo fans didn't get what they thought they'd get for Miller.

You right - we got way more than what we thought it would be. Go back and look at our reaction thread for that trade. No one could believe we got all that for a goalie rental. Almost everyone was very happy with that return.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
You right - we got way more than what we thought it would be. Go back and look at our reaction thread for that trade. No one could believe we got all that for a goalie rental. Almost everyone was very happy with that return.
And so you should have been! That was a terrible trade for St. Louis. One of Armstrong's worse moves.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
And so you should have been! That was a terrible trade for St. Louis. One of Armstrong's worse moves.

Thats why i highly doubt he repeats that type of play again. Especially since he already traded our first this year for Schenn which by the way awesome move on his part.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I thought he was doing fine with Buffalo - they have plans to move him?

Shootica

Jan 17, 2013
Utica, NY
He is a UFA so they will get what they can

Could definitely see Kane + 2nd for Andersson + 1st to Calgary. Would love it.

There really isn't going to be a large gap between a Calgary 1st and a Buffalo 2nd. I'd counter with Kane + 3rd (18 or 19) for Andersson and a '19 1st.

Or some Flames fans have suggested including Gillies instead of the 1st. I don't know a whole lot about him, but I'm open to the idea if we take out our 3rd and add possibly something else on their side.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
If we're trading Andersson the + isn't going to be a first or gillies. He's worth a 1st(+) on his own.

Kylington or Fox + Gillies is more palatable. Alternately Andersson+ a forward prospect of your choosing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad