Friedman: On Evander Kane's Future

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I'm not saying to go back in time to when they were drafted. I'm saying that you have to ask yourself what they are worth today. Would you trade Dunn for say the 20th overall pick this year? If not, how about the 15th pick, 10th pick, so on and so forth. It's not perfect because some teams need the developed prospect to fit their window, but it's a good start.
Dunn looks to be an amazing offensive LHD , Jaybos replacement. No need to trade for cancerous rental.

Reactions: Devonator

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I think refering to Dano as a bust is more hindsight than a proper evaluation of how he was viewed at the time of the trade. He was a good not great prospect just breaking into the NHL and wasn't far removed from being a 1st round pick. I think several of the names bandied about on St Louis end are fairly comparable, albeit not as far along in their development, just my 2 cents. Doesnt mean St Louis would or should trade those guys for Kane.

He didn't look that great with Chicago. Barbashev+1st is probably about equivalent to Dano+1st.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
You are clearly full of ****.
Beacuse i choose to not trade kyrou. What dont you Buff fans not get about us not wanting to trade the following players, Dunn, Kyrou, Thomas, Kostin Thompson, Husso, Wallman. Ect. For a rental. Blues window does not close next year. No need to waste prospects.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Well you can't get the best rental on the market without giving up anything..STL are quite good without either of these 2 prospects for years going forward and you still have some good prospects left... Kyrou reminds me a bit of Guentzel so Botts will probably would like him quite a bit.

To bad we are not trading him LOL . Think more about Barbashev, Jaskin Or how bout nothing

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
How do you compare prospects? Especially when ones in the past probably flamed out and are seen differently in the eyes of observers now? Ladd and Hanzel just returned a lofty package and Kane is better than both.

Yeah those were stupid trades and neither team is the better for it nor did they win the cup. Army made his mistake with Miller. Doubt he repeats

Shootica

Jan 17, 2013
Utica, NY
That has nothing to do with what I said. Find one comp with a rental like Kane, where they returned a package like Buffalo fans are requesting here. Rentals like Kane don't return multiple top prospects, they never have and never will. Seriously, find a comp that matches the ask, then we can talk.

I don't think you're following me here. You're right, these trade deadline deals generally return picks, not prospects, so it's hard to find a good comparable.

Judging from history, a guy like Kane would probably go for something like a late first and a second. Buffalo fans would prefer developing prospects, so we'd want to sub those picks for prospects of similar value. And to figure that out, you have to figure out how much your prospects are worth.

This really isn't that difficult a concept.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Beacuse i choose to not trade kyrou. What dont you Buff fans not get about us not wanting to trade the following players, Dunn, Kyrou, Thomas, Kostin Thompson, Husso, Wallman. Ect. For a rental. Blues window does not close next year. No need to waste prospects.
You are full of shit cause you don't get to trade anyone. Your GM gets to do that and he doesnt care what Colt55 thinks about that.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
The rumor is that the Blues and a couple other teams are interested in Kane ..if a trade doesn't happen between the teams it doesn't mean the rumor isn' true..its just that a deal couldn't be worked out or someone was outbid by another.

So your saying every rumor ekland comes up with is true just didnt work out. Come on they are just throwing stuff on a wall hoping it sticks.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Yeah those were stupid trades and neither team is the better for it nor did they win the cup. Army made his mistake with Miller. Doubt he repeats

Was Miller really a mistake? .. What the Blues traded for Miller..has it amounted to anything?

Nope

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
You are full of **** cause you don't get to trade anyone. Your GM gets to do that and he doesnt care what Colt55 thinks about that.
So what your saying is we are going to trade a top prospects or top rookie for ...lol Kane OK. Think you better changee your underroos bra.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
He didn't look that great with Chicago. Barbashev+1st is probably about equivalent to Dano+1st.
And yet he looked very good in his stint with Columbus, so much so he was a key piece in the Saad trade. So it was kind of a mixed bag up until the point he was traded. Barbashev isn't a terrible comp, although he lacks the initial quality NHL stint that Dano had. You ask me who I'd prefer between Dano then and Barbashev now and I'd likely go with Dano. Ultimately the problem trying to figure out a deal between St Louis and Buffalo involving Kane is that St Louis doesn't have a 1st in this coming draft, and it doesn't appear as though St Louis' need at LW is as great as it is for other teams.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Was Miller really a mistake? .. What the Blues traded for Miller..has it amounted to anything?

Nope

It was still a mistake and we could've selected Roslovic or Aho with that pick. Like we said all along, Miller completely clashed with our style, and it was a disaster.

Reactions: Dbrownss

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Guys, the guy who came into the Sabres board to tell everyone how he was an expert at all things hockey—especially Sabres players—has made it clear St. Louis isn’t trading for Kane for anything remotely valuable. Close this up and let Friedman and BMac know the real expert has shutdown these rumors to St. Louis.

Everyone else, go do that hockey.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
And yet he looked very good in his stint with Columbus, so much so he was a key piece in the Saad trade. So it was kind of a mixed bag up until the point he was traded. Barbashev isn't a terrible comp, although he lacks the initial quality NHL stint that Dano had. You ask me who I'd prefer between Dano then and Barbashev now and I'd likely go with Dano. Ultimately the problem trying to figure out a deal between St Louis and Buffalo involving Kane is that St Louis doesn't have a 1st in this coming draft, and it doesn't appear as though St Louis' need at LW is as great as it is for other teams.
we need a rh rw number 1 need

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't think you're following me here. You're right, these trade deadline deals generally return picks, not prospects, so it's hard to find a good comparable.

Judging from history, a guy like Kane would probably go for something like a late first and a second. Buffalo fans would prefer developing prospects, so we'd want to sub those picks for prospects of similar value. And to figure that out, you have to figure out how much your prospects are worth.

This really isn't that difficult a concept.

You aren't getting it. What you are wanting doesn't happen, those reasons I outlined and seem to understand. Every selling team would want, what you want, but it doesn't happen. Expecting to happen is ridiculous. You don't get to just sub in prospects for picks, that never happens, it's why you can't find a comp.

Shootica

Jan 17, 2013
Utica, NY
Can you tell me how many rumors those guys hit head on in last couple years probably under 30%

Again, probably the good majority of trade talks end up falling through for whatever reason. The point here is that Bob McKenzie doesn't report on baseless speculation. If he says the Blues are interested, chances are they are interested.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I'd prefer not to deal kane to the blues anyways. Regardless of two posters specifically in this thread vastly overrating their guys, outside of dunn or kostin I don't value any other blues prospect as worthy of kane especially considering their lack of first rounder on top. There are better fits organizationally from both sides. Can' see the blues ponying up the best package for Kane and can't see the blues needing or wanting kane badly enough to overpay. All of which is fine. Bantering over dano in a hypothetical eklund based kane proposal between the blues and sabres is asinine.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'd prefer not to deal kane to the blues anyways. Regardless of two posters specifically in this thread vastly overrating their guys, outside of dunn or kostin I don't value any other blues prospect as worthy of kane especially considering their lack of first rounder on top. There are better fits organizationally from both sides. Can' see the blues ponying up the best package for Kane and can't see the blues needing or wanting kane badly enough to overpay. All of which is fine. Bantering over dano in a hypothetical eklund based kane proposal between the blues and sabres is asinine.

If you are referring to me, again, show me 1 post where I over-evaluated a prospect.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
There is a huge disconnect here. Its said the Blues were interested in Kane. Which shouldn't be a suprise as theyve been open to adding a top 6 guy since they lost Fabbri. I havn't seen a shred of evidence to indicate they are ready to open the piggy bank for Kane. Some fans are taking offense to Blues fans not willing to give up top prospects(nothing has been proven to say Army is willing to either) for what looks like a rental...a rental of a position if strenght none the less.

This bickering back and forth would make more sense if Blues fans were trying to throw out lowball offers....which no one is. Just more of "not really interested".

Reactions: DJN21 and Colt55

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad