Friedman: On Evander Kane's Future

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Hamilton is the most valuable piece in the deal by far. Not sure we would throw in anything better than lazar.
Exactly! Basically breaks down to Reinhart + 1st for Hamilton. If the Sabres sold Kane separate they might gain a late round pick but they take all the mystery box out of it and you know you get a top pairing RH defenseman out of it. I think that’s a very fair offer, Flames taking the risk, banking on resigning Kane and Reinhart being a 50 point winger.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
If we're trading Andersson the + isn't going to be a first or gillies. He's worth a 1st(+) on his own.

Kylington or Fox + Gillies is more palatable. Alternately Andersson+ a forward prospect of your choosing.

Andersson + Mangiapane, or Fox + 1st works for me.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Exactly! Basically breaks down to Reinhart + 1st for Hamilton. If the Sabres sold Kane separate they might gain a late round pick but they take all the mystery box out of it and you know you get a top pairing RH defenseman out of it. I think that’s a very fair offer, Flames taking the risk, banking on resigning Kane and Reinhart being a 50 point winger.

Guess I don't value Hamilton the same as you. Id put a small add to Reinhart for Hamilton ... and I think Lazar for Kane is downright bad.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Keep dreaming! He’ll bring a late 1st, “B” prospect + a late round pick. He won’t return one of the best young forwards and defensemen in the AHL

I mean... what I posted was exactly what someone named Flameshomer just offered so yeah.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Guess I don't value Hamilton the same as you. Id put a small add to Reinhart for Hamilton ... and I think Lazar for Kane is downright bad.
Straight up, will Hamilton ever be a true #1, I don’t think so. Will he be a perineal 40 point, 6’6, 225lbs, RHD, that skates like the wind, who’s physicality and defensive ability improve every year, that is a bonified #2? Yes, 100%. Basically a bit better than Myers was supposed to be. Will Reinhart ever be a #1 centre? No. Can he be a 50+ point winger? I think so. You do the math from there.

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
He is a UFA so they will get what they can

Could definitely see Kane + 2nd for Andersson + 1st to Calgary. Would love it.
You do realize Calgary doesn't have a 1st this year so it would be their 1st in 2019 (unlikely as that leaves them with out a pick until the 4th round after not having picked until the 3rd in 2018) or 2020 (more likely).

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Well he hasn't been a cancer in Buffalo. That's all I know.

Funny i am reading on tradebait from TSN and go figure. Kane has been having issues with team mates and thats why they decided to move him and not try to resign,

Per frank Seravalli

The Buffalo Sabres have been working to move left winger Evander Kane for weeks, long before frustrations boiled over in practice Wednesday.
Kane scuffled with teammate Justin Falk, who told him to “shut the bleep up, you selfish bleep,” according to the Olean (N.Y.) Times Herald.
Although Kane shrugged off the incident as something that “happens more often than maybe [the media] sees,” Kane’s latest negative press would seemingly not enhance his trade value.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
the guy is a tool was a tool with WPG then traded, now they want him out at BUF too. So good luck on getting a huge take on this guy people just dont want his cancer/trouble to infect their locker room

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Nothing burger story. People who hate Kane will run with it. Nothing new there.

But tabloid Canadian media that never liked Kane will run with it. Who cares. He's been fine in Buffalo's locker room, even if outside fans tell us he hasn't been.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I agree i just thought it was funny buff fans thought he was this great guy trying to pawn him on others for a massive haul. Instead he is the jerk that was first described by Dustin Buffuglien lol

Reactions: TS Quint

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Nothing burger story. People who hate Kane will run with it. Nothing new there.

But tabloid Canadian media that never liked Kane will run with it. Who cares. He's been fine in Buffalo's locker room, even if outside fans tell us he hasn't been.

I dont blame you no point in admitting he is the way he is. Regardless his trade value just took a massivehit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad