Prospect Info: Olli Juolevi

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
The idea of Guddy in the Olli thread is the potential of their being in the top four together, and even being partners. Would ?Guddy or ?Tanev be better partner for Olli. When we make the playoffs, Guddy might be the best partner for Olli, because of his being awesome in previous playoff games with FLA.
I think this is totally about Olli’s place on our team.

Did you watch the games?
If so, what did he do well?

If not. Point to stats that show what he did well whit the ice time that got inflated by the multiple OT games.

Or stop spreading this lie.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Guddy was in the Playoffs with FLA. He was a beast, and averaged over 26 minutes per game. He played more than any other FLA Dman. I’d say there would be 31 other teams wanting Guddy for their playoffs.

All of Florida's top 4 were over 25min/game that series (the farthest from Gudbranson played a total of 8 fewer shifts), and all of their regulars averaged 19:55 or more.

They must have just had so many "beasts" on that team. It's a wonder they only lasted 6 games.

Anyway, Gudbranson would be a great partner for Juolevi if you're hazing the new guy.

Last edited:

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
All of Florida's top 4 were over 25min/game that series (the farthest from Gudbranson played a total of 8 fewer shifts), and all of their regulars averaged 19:55 or more.

They must have just had so many "beasts" on that team. It's a wonder they only lasted 6 games.

Anyway, Gudbranson would be a great partner for Juolevi if you're hazing the new guy.

I'm not sure what you're trying to spin here. Gudbranson led all Florida D in ice time in that playoff year. If you compare his relative regular season totals, he was clearly trusted by Gallant in the playoffs. If you go by shifts, Keith Ballard had a whole lot more shifts per game than Aaron Rome during our Cup Finals run. I think anyone who watched our playoff run that year would not think AV trusted Ballard more than Rome.

Do you even know what hazing means?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I see this thrown out all the time, but he was only on the ice for 2 goals against at ES. It's lazy.

You sure about this? Game sheets show he was -2 in Game 1 and -1 in Game 6 so that’s at least 3 ES goals (and none appear to have been SH).

His overall games went -2, 0, 0, +1, 0, and -1 so looks like he was a cumulative -2 in the 6 games (I mistakenly said 7).

Not horrible I suppose but hardly “beast”.

Also 3 games went to OT and 2 games went to 2OT so using average TOI as some measure of how “great” he played is crazy.

Boose Brudreau

Guddbranson is a paper tiger
Nov 27, 2006
You sure about this? Game sheets show he was -2 in Game 1 and -1 in Game 6 so that’s at least 3 ES goals (and none appear to have been SH).

His overall games went -2, 0, 0, +1, 0, and -1 so looks like he was a cumulative -2 in the 6 games (I mistakenly said 7).

Not horrible I suppose but hardly “beast”.

Also 3 games went to OT and 2 games went to 2OT so using average TOI as some measure of how “great” he played is crazy.
I think TOI is a valid number to be looking at if you're comparing him to other Florida defensemen. That would at least indicate what the coaching staff though of him.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
We're seriously arguing over six games that he played three years ago for a different franchise even though we've seen him play nearly 100 games for this franchise.

Guys...
Not to mention that the only basis for argument used is just an appeal to authority that "the coaching staff trusted him in those six playoff games because he got icetime" used as flimsy reasoning for why he'll suddenly turn from awful to great on our team when playoff time comes around......... even though he was similarly "trusted" by our own coaching staff in the regular season and given the same 20+ minutes (about as much icetime as Chris freaking Tanev, who Hutton got more icetime than as well) even when we saw with our eyes that he played terribly.

Doesn't particularly hold up on any level, really.

Last edited:
Reactions: travis scott

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Botchford thoughs on Juolevi
Canucks’ top prospects, No. 2: Olli Juolevi

Interesting that Salo pointed out his body language
he does look disinterested sometimes during the game even though he might not be
maybe that is just how he acts.

Salo also praised Juolevi saying that he was the best defenceman for them during the playoffs, put the team's defense on his back after Henrik Tallinder went down.

Looks like Salo has changed his opinions from 6 months ago

Is this too many positivety?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
This is a Canuck’s board, so I don’t get Canuck’s fans being so negative. I do understand wanting our team to win though, and fans have passionate (and differing) views on how to accomplish that.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Olli is in our top four this season, and will average more than 20 minutes some games.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Outside of Tanev and Edler, none of our Defensemen make the roster of a playoff team.

pretty sure this one was in the mix for setting the guddy among the pigeons. it is what led to someone pointing out he led florida in minutes during a series and the rest, as it were, is history.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Olli is in our top four this season, and will average more than 20 minutes some games.
If he is sheltered by Tanev yes he would be in our top 4. I have no doubt he would play more than 20 minutes in some games but Im not sure what average means here unless you want to say season, month, week, other Ds injury time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad