Not open for further replies.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
The disingenuous posters are the worst.
giphy.gif

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Just as Virtanen is exiting the HF Boards dog-house, Juolevi is set to enter. Nobody ever set it would be easy being a high draft pick of the Canucks. But at least it's official, "Julovi isn't the kid with the video game addiction"....so what's next on these Boards?

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Just as Virtanen is exiting the HF Boards dog-house, Juolevi is set to enter. Nobody ever set it would be easy being a high draft pick of the Canucks. But at least it's official, "Julovi isn't the kid with the video game addiction"....so what's next on these Boards?
Just entering the doghousr?
Pluhhheeeez...

But hey... can't wait to see where he's at in the fall.

Could be treading water, could be lost, could hold his own, could do very well, could shine...
We will see after these next 4+ months of training prior to camp.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Oh yeah, I am sure Pettersson deleted his HFB account after reading all the negativity about him here.

Yep. Can’t really underestimate how “tough” it must be not being aware that there are a handful of people on the INTERNET who think you might not be the best thing ever.

How do they even muster the will to drive to the rink each day?

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
I’m hanging my hat on the Crews favourite go-to media scribe - Jason Botchford on what he has to say about Olli - “he will be a PLAYER!”

Reactions: jimslob

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
I’m hanging my hat on the Crews favourite go-to media scribe - Jason Botchford on what he has to say about Olli - “he will be a PLAYER!”

People seem to like him for his insider knowledge, not ability to project prospects or players. I think this is obvious, and I think you know this, which I guess means you are just being disingenuous and posting stupid things intentionally.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

I assume that’s what everyone else thinks too. Was there some confusion whether he was going to be a Coach instead?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Quit discussing posters, please. Calling people trolls is against the site rules - if you think someone is trolling, report them and let a moderator deal with it. Critique posts, not posters.

The last page of posts has been completely off topic. If it continues, people will be warned and removed from the conversation. I'm sure someone will consider leaving a wise-ass remark regarding this warning - I'd suggest that's not a good idea. Please discuss the original topic of this thread, and report rule transgressions.

Thanks.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Soooo... about Juolevi.

It seems obvious that Hutton is on the way out, and Juolevi is on the way in. That leaves a left side of:

Edler
Del Zotto
Juolevi
Pouliot?

Right side D would be:

Tanev
Stecher
Gudbranson
Biega

Seems like there won't be much alteration in the defense for this upcoming season.

Reactions: Lackhalak

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Soooo... about Juolevi.

It seems obvious that Hutton is on the way out, and Juolevi is on the way in. That leaves a left side of:

Edler
Del Zotto
Juolevi
Pouliot?

Right side D would be:

Tanev
Stecher
Gudbranson
Biega

Seems like there won't be much alteration in the defense for this upcoming season.
I see our top pair as Eddy and Guddy.
Our second pair will be Tanev and Juiolevi
The other guys can sort themselves out.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Soooo... about Juolevi.

Edler
Del Zotto
Juolevi
Pouliot?

Right side D would be:

Tanev
Stecher
Gudbranson
Biega

What a mess...getting harder to remember what a good defense looks like.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby

Never saw Horvat in the doghouse. People were upset about not picking Nichushkin but nobody had anything bad to say about Horvat. Some people joked about him being Horfat until that pic of him at the lake without his shirt on.

Sometimes people in the dog house might deserve to be there.

Reactions: Hit the post

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Never saw Horvat in the doghouse. People were upset about not picking Nichushkin but nobody had anything bad to say about Horvat. Some people joked about him being Horfat until that pic of him at the lake without his shirt on.

Sometimes people in the dog house might deserve to be there.
I do recall Horvat being less than impressive at the Penticton Prospect games (much like Juolevi was)..Also,the Canucks Army article around that time had him maxing out as a 3rd line centre (or something to that effect).

I always feel that Juolevi has been stigmatized by the whole 'shoulda picked Tkachuk' scenario.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
With Juolevi and Virtanen, it really isn't about what people say on HF Boards, it's the mainstream media and Twitterverse. Virtanen has been subjected to more scrutiny on and off the ice than any high pick in Canuck history....and now the same outlets are wringing their hands about the fact that Juolevi is the only high pick out of that 2016 draft who hasn't played a single NHL game.

Meantime in other U.S. cities a high draft pick can suck for years and be virtually anonymous. Look at Dallas, where Nichuskhin, Guryanov and Honka are high picks who busted from hard to light, and nobody cares. Or in Brooklyn, where the guy the Isles drafted before Virtanen--Michael Dal Colle--has been a complete flop so far.

It's just the reality that in most Canadian markets the scrutiny is relentless, and there's no margin for any error with the top prospects.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
With Juolevi and Virtanen, it really isn't about what people say on HF Boards, it's the mainstream media and Twitterverse. Virtanen has been subjected to more scrutiny on and off the ice than any high pick in Canuck history....and now the same outlets are wringing their hands about the fact that Juolevi is the only high pick out of that 2016 draft who hasn't played a single NHL game.

Meantime in other U.S. cities a high draft pick can suck for years and be virtually anonymous. Look at Dallas, where Nichuskhin, Guryanov and Honka are high picks who busted from hard to light, and nobody cares. Or in Brooklyn, where the guy the Isles drafted before Virtanen--Michael Dal Colle--has been a complete flop so far.

It's just the reality that in most Canadian markets the scrutiny is relentless, and there's no margin for any error with the top prospects.
Imho, it's more that the Canucks really really really needed to hit on those two draft picks. Virtanen, Juolevi and Pettersson represent the highest picks the team has had since the twins. The fact that only one is still tracking to be a star is a massive setback.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Soooo... about Juolevi.

Edler
Del Zotto
Juolevi
Pouliot?

Right side D would be:

Tanev
Stecher
Gudbranson
Biega

Stecher needs to go. I can't picture him playing well enough to be on one the this yr's final 4 teams... i.e. I don't see him as a long term player for our R side.
Just shuffle him out and start trying to plug that hole with whatever.

To clarify, I like him.. I appreciate him improving his game when he returned from injury.. just don't think he's a dman on a good team. I.e. good for us for now... not for when we wanna make some hay.. not enough tools.. no shot, weak in board battles, limited offensive simulation to the team.

If Hutton comes in in beast mode... keep to see where he goes... otherwise... you cut bait here as well.

I DO expect Hutton to be able to fend off Juolevi this camp... he finally seems focused and somewhat understanding of what he needs to do.. altho his statement stating he disagrees with Green's conditioning assessment does not scream "I get it".

He may not be a long term fit either.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I do recall Horvat being less than impressive at the Penticton Prospect games (much like Juolevi was)..Also,the Canucks Army article around that time had him maxing out as a 3rd line centre (or something to that effect).

I always feel that Juolevi has been stigmatized by the whole 'shoulda picked Tkachuk' scenario.

He was projected as a higher end 3C at the time of his draft. Saying he'll meet expectations is hardly putting him in the doghouse.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I agree this is a big training camp and year for Stecher.....but worried about the trend....he's losing the size mis-match in his own zone and brings next to nothing to the table offensively. If the Canucks do upgrade their blueline, he could be one of the casualties.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I agree this is a big training camp and year for Stecher.....but worried about the trend....he's losing the size mis-match in his own zone and brings next to nothing to the table offensively. If the Canucks do upgrade their blueline, he could be one of the casualties.

Yes it's an important year for Stecher next season, but I completely disagree with the rest of your post. Stecher is good as long as he's not paired with Hutton. He does lose some battles, but he battles hard and he is a very good penalty killer. The offensive production wasn't there this season but to say that he brings nothing to the table offensively is categorically false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad