Prospect Info: Olli Juolevi

Status
Not open for further replies.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
how will play by play guys address the fact olli rhymes with goalie? it's too obvious but i predict they will not be able to resist.

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
If OJ doesn't make camp next year it'll be hard not to give up on him, hopefully he keeps showing progress down the stretch and is ready for the NHL by next season.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
If OJ doesn't make camp next year it'll be hard not to give up on him, hopefully he keeps showing progress down the stretch and is ready for the NHL by next season.
I wouldn’t say you need to give up on him, but obviously it’s alarming and shows he’s tracking poorly.

Good to hear about him being pushed up the lineup though, hoping for a strong finish.

Would be hilarious if they penciled him with Gudbranson for next year as they did with Hutton in 2016/2017. Would be absolute catosteophic for his development. With Edler and Del Zotto already locked up on the left side it looks more and more likely that they’re either going to have the worst pairing in the NHL this year in Del Zotto / Gudbranson as their second pairing or god forbid have it as Juolevi/Gudbranson.

Feb 19, 2018
It would be nice to see Juolevi get back to that record setting World Junior form where he had the most points ever for a defender his age. Also the leading his team to a OHL Championship a Memorial cup and Gold at the tournament as the top Defenseman on all 3 venues. If we go by pedigree I think he’ll do just fine!

Glad he’s a top pairing D man in a men’s league after adding all that bulk on his frame that’s never an easy task especially if you’re known for your mobility.

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
I wouldn’t say you need to give up on him, but obviously it’s alarming and shows he’s tracking poorly.

Good to hear about him being pushed up the lineup though, hoping for a strong finish.

Would be hilarious if they penciled him with Gudbranson for next year as they did with Hutton in 2016/2017. Would be absolute catosteophic for his development. With Edler and Del Zotto already locked up on the left side it looks more and more likely that they’re either going to have the worst pairing in the NHL this year in Del Zotto / Gudbranson as their second pairing or god forbid have it as Juolevi/Gudbranson.
Ye, wouldn't be a "he's never gonna make it pro for sure" but I'm prob gonna stop being hopeful that he'll turn out to be a salvageable top 5 pick and be a top/second pairing dman.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Disagree, I think a full season in Utica would be the best for him.
But knowing this management, they will force him into the big club to save face. Then we will see Green healthy scratch or bench him because “he needs to earn his ices” BS

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Will be interesting to see how he looks in camp. Hopefully he isn't penciled in but comes in and puts on a show.

Doesn't need to be a highlight reel but have the presence of a high pick. I don't want to be forcefed crap to try and sell him to me.

Trying so hard to not make this into a roster management discussion.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Great PP for Olli, and Palmu. Palmu scores, Juolevi assists, and made 5-7 good/great passes + had a great hold at the line.

Edit* - Olli trys to deke through 3 guys, and draws a penalty. It's been a great 1st for him. 1A so far.

Reactions: rune74

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
Heh, I hate that my work blocks tweets....anything good there guys?

Craz1bo1

Feb 9, 2013
Heh, I hate that my work blocks tweets....anything good there guys?

Just says that Juolevi picked up an assist in today's game and ends the Liiga regular season with 19 points in 38 games played.

... I got ninja'd.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
Thanks guys, it sucks I only get a loading tweet indication.

Good year for our boy Juolevi....this and petterson today is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->