Prospect Info: Olli Juolevi

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Hopefully this whole blown-out-of-proportion story can be an eye opener for some people. The speculation on these boards is ridiculous and way out of control.

I don’t live in Vancouver anymore (down in LA) so I come on these boards to be able to talk and hear about the Canucks. I just wish there was a part where the majority of posts were a bit more optimistic and there wasn’t such pessimism about everything Canucks. I just knew as soon as this story came up that this board would be all over it. It’s so frustrating.

Sorry, just wanted to rant for a second.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Hopefully this whole blown-out-of-proportion story can be an eye opener for some people. The speculation on these boards is ridiculous and way out of control.

I don’t live in Vancouver anymore (down in LA) so I come on these boards to be able to talk and hear about the Canucks. I just wish there was a part where the majority of posts were a bit more optimistic and there wasn’t such pessimism about everything Canucks. I just knew as soon as this story came up that this board would be all over it. It’s so frustrating.

If Olli had been tracking anywhere near the players selected around him there would have been no doubt that it was not him. Unfortunately he had a poor d1 (by a 6th overall's standards) and a horrible pro camp last year. While a few positive stories have come out about him there have been some questioning his strength and conditioning which some may equate to lack of effort on his part.

Things are pretty pessimistic about the Canucks because they have been on their least competitive stretch of hockey as of late and while they have a few good prospects they also have a few under achievers to balance things out and team is obviously more concerned with present than the future which again is scary because of how horrible the on ice quality is now (and that's before the sedins retired too lol). If you are looking for realistic optimism maybe look to another team/hobby? The NHL I think is meant to entertain not to always give 31 teams fan's equal amounts of hope and optimism.

Reactions: MisfortuneCookie

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
If Olli had been tracking anywhere near the players selected around him there would have been no doubt that it was not him. Unfortunately he had a poor d1 (by a 6th overall's standards) and a horrible pro camp last year. While a few positive stories have come out about him there have been some questioning his strength and conditioning which some may equate to lack of effort on his part.

Things are pretty pessimistic about the Canucks because they have been on their least competitive stretch of hockey as of late and while they have a few good prospects they also have a few under achievers to balance things out and team is obviously more concerned with present than the future which again is scary because of how horrible the on ice quality is now (and that's before the sedins retired too lol). If you are looking for realistic optimism maybe look to another team/hobby? The NHL I think is meant to entertain not to always give 31 teams fan's equal amounts of hope and optimism.
I’m not saying for blind optimism and for everyone to just look through rose-colored glasses, but this Juolevi/video games story just sums up the situation on these boards. It should’ve been a page MAX, but it turned into another way to talk badly about him. That’s not being realistic; that’s just being pessimistic.

And because I believe that there are real reasons to be optimistic I’m wrong and should not be a Canucks fan? I have to be a pessimist to stay a fan? Nah, mate.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I’m not saying for blind optimism and for everyone to just look through rose-colored glasses, but this Juolevi/video games story just sums up the situation on these boards. It should’ve been a page MAX, but it turned into another way to talk badly about him. That’s not being realistic; that’s just being pessimistic.

And because I believe that there are real reasons to be optimistic I’m wrong and should not be a Canucks fan? I have to be a pessimist to stay a fan? Nah, mate.

You don’t have to be optimistic or pessimistic, but you seem to be pretty judgy of what other people are.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
You don’t have to be optimistic or pessimistic, but you seem to be pretty judgy of what other people are.
You’re right. I don’t know anyone on here so I don’t have a right to judge others for what they believe. I believe that the boards are tilted moreso toward a pessimistic slant, however. That’s just my opinion. I guess I’d just like an environment that’s slightly on the other side of the needle.

Reactions: jimslob

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
You’re right. I don’t know anyone on here so I don’t have a right to judge others for what they believe. I believe that the boards are tilted moreso toward a pessimistic slant, however. That’s just my opinion. I guess I’d just like an environment that’s slightly on the other side of the needle.

That’s fair. We’d all like things to be different at times but that’s life.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
So who would be a perfect partner for Juolevi who’s on the team or who is/will be available on the market over the next year or two? I mean, Doughty would be nice. Haha.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015

Lol no you can definitely be a canucks fan and believe whatever reasons you want for your optimism but you came on here and posted that "It's so frustrating" to come on these boards and see all of the posters pessimism and lack of optimism (same thing?). Are you equating being a fan of a sports team to assuming that all of the fans have to maintain a certain level of optimism and cannot express their dismay and pessimism after years and years of failure?

You can still be a fan and follow a team while hating it's management and thinking it's destined for failure at the moment, just as you can be a fan and be optimistic despite the worst stretch bla bla. But you can't expect others to act a certain way to void your frustration based on a public forum where people are expressing their thoughts.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
So who would be a perfect partner for Juolevi who’s on the team or who is/will be available on the market over the next year or two? I mean, Doughty would be nice. Haha.
I think Gubranson would be perfect. He's billed by a lot of posters on here as a top 2 guy (and they even paired him with edler remember so that proves he can be a top 2 guy) so a top 2 guy could easily bring up the top dman selected in his class (one top dman of his draft class paired with another - how many teams can say that?)

It would really be a great way to showcase what they can do (top line pair by mid season?) .

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER

you seem fun!!!

I gotta say, talking about this rumour was great, but the meltdowns in this thread were even better.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
you seem fun!!!

I gotta say, talking about this rumour was great, but the meltdowns in this thread were even better.
You should see me on a Saturday night! Raging at the local bingo club with a few shandys.

upload_2018-5-24_20-46-10.gif

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
I think Gubranson would be perfect. He's billed by a lot of posters on here as a top 2 guy (and they even paired him with edler remember so that proves he can be a top 2 guy) so a top 2 guy could easily bring up the top dman selected in his class (one top dman of his draft class paired with another - how many teams can say that?)

It would really be a great way to showcase what they can do (top line pair by mid season?) .
I don’t know what to make of this post. Don’t know if you’re serious or not.

Reactions: Catbug

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Most people who don't exist are quiet, yes.

BOOM!

SMOKING GUN!!

I'M SURE ITS F**KING JOULEVI 100%

I KNEW there was something seriously wrong with him in camp last year, the way he carried himself on the ice wasn't bad IT WAS BIZZARE, I always thought, we'd never know why....NO WE KNOW.

The comments from Salo, the healthy scratches, the up and down play, the preposterous allusions to "Conditioning" which made no sense at the time, but with conditioning being nothing more than a euphemism for "Addiction" NOW it all makes sense

ALL the Pieces Fit

Do you professionally have no idea what you're talking about, or are you just very good at it in your part time?

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
If there was ever any doubt that the Vancouver Canucks are truly hated by the other fan bases in the league especially the one"s in Canada this Olli Juolevi video game fiasco just proves it. what a disgrace.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I don’t know what to make of this post. Don’t know if you’re serious or not.
His sarcasm aside, I would put him with Gudbranson for sure as well.

He has to get past Hutton in camp.. see how he shows up... Pouliot should be the #7.

23-51
4-8
48-44
27-5
Sautner, 55

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County

He has to get past Hutton in camp.. see how he shows up... Pouliot should be the #7.

23-51
4-8
48-44
27-5
Sautner, 55
I’d much rather have him with Tanev. Get him into good habits. I mean Stecher didn’t take long to be paired with Edler and that, I think, will help long term (other than teaching him how to miss the net and shoot into shin pads).

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany

They should try to get Jokiharju out of Chicago, guys played well together on the WJC and Jokiharju is a very fine player, probably already at OJs level (might be even better) despite being drafted a year later and a late first round pick.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

23-51
4-8
48-44
27-5
Sautner, 55

I don't want him have to worry about Gudbranson's mistakes. He has to be able to focus on his own game first to adjust to the NHL.

Also my firm belief is that Hutton wont be here come camp. Green just hates the guy. He will be traded for what ever we get as a return before camp.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I don't want him have to worry about Gudbranson's mistakes. He has to be able to focus on his own game first to adjust to the NHL.

Also my firm belief is that Hutton wont be here come camp. Green just hates the guy. He will be traded for what ever we get as a return before camp.
Gudbranson is fine. Your talking like he's some lost puppy out there. He wasn't. He stepped nicely this season prior to being shut down. But knowledging that ruins the narrative.

Playing with Gudbranson vs Tanev...
You'd probably want Tanev out there vs higher quality opposition and more minutes than you want a rookie Juolevi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad