Confirmed with Link: Oilers Sign Ty Rattie (UPDATE: Reassigned BAK 3.2.18)

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Just seems too slow for the game. He didnt have much of an impact in training camp either. Just not very noticeable.

The teams (including Coaches and GM) so dysfunctional this year that its hard to really get a good gauge on any depth player.

Reactions: nabob

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
It's really crazy how so few of those Winterhawks and Oil Kings from their three year battle have done anything in the show. Bjorkstrand and Lazar are the only ones really doing anything. Leipsic is treading water. Rattie is here doing nothing.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
It's really crazy how so few of those Winterhawks and Oil Kings from their three year battle have done anything in the show. Bjorkstrand and Lazar are the only ones really doing anything. Leipsic is treading water. Rattie is here doing nothing.

Lazar really hasnt done much. Bjorkstrand is decent though.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Posted this on the main Rattie signing thread , but I meant to post it here

Id89MJL.png

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Rattie has played well since called back though.

I agree. But at the end of the day, he's Ty Rattie. There's some skill but ultimately he has to step up in a big way to maintain an NHL career.

There's gotta be better McOptions. But price can play a massive part.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I agree. But at the end of the day, he's Ty Rattie. There's some skill but ultimately he has to step up in a big way to maintain an NHL career.

You mean the guy with 348 points in Junior , Rattie should of pulled off a move like Reider did asking his agent for a trade , Reider did this here when he thought he would be burried behind Eberle And Yakupov some think Aberg is a good pick is the same flipping age as Rattie. Rattie has more skill than Maroon better skater better shot .

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

He had a very good pedigree coming into the NHL.

There’s clearly some talent there.

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
He must be having a good time. Went from the ahl to playing with the best player in the world.

If he stays hot the rest of the year it would be nice to bring him back on the cheap.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
You mean the guy with 348 points in Junior , Rattie should of pulled off a move like Reider did asking his agent for a trade , Reider did this here when he thought he would be burried behind Eberle And Yakupov some think Aberg is a good pick is the same flipping age as Rattie. Rattie has more skill than Maroon better skater better shot .

Robbie Schremp had 384 points in junior. Plenty of guys don't figure it out at the next level.

It would be negligent to assume this kind of success will carry forward into next season and pencil him into the lineup. Although I don't imagine you're suggesting that.

I'd be open to signing him to another deal this summer. Maybe even give him a bit more money for when he's toiling in the minors. I'd be more than willing to let him fight for a spot in camp. But that's about it. It's nice to see some success for him. I'd love to see him come into camp next summer and take the team by storm. But I've seen one too many Mark Arcobello's or Andrew Millers to put too much emphasis on AHL guys coming up late in a year and succeeding for a short period of time.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Robbie Schremp had 384 points in junior. Plenty of guys don't figure it out at the next level.

It would be negligent to assume this kind of success will carry forward into next season and pencil him into the lineup. Although I don't imagine you're suggesting that.

I'd be open to signing him to another deal this summer. Maybe even give him a bit more money for when he's toiling in the minors. I'd be more than willing to let him fight for a spot in camp. But that's about it. It's nice to see some success for him. I'd love to see him come into camp next summer and take the team by storm. But I've seen one too many Mark Arcobello's or Andrew Millers to put too much emphasis on AHL guys coming up late in a year and succeeding for a short period of time.
People are completely ignoring the circumstance around this player , but I expect nothing else from Hf tell me in all his time in St.Louis he never had a top 6 roll except for a small stint when Oshie was injured . Who was he going to beat out of a job in the top 6 on Rw his career there Tarasenko / Oshie/ Perron/ Backes Brouwer , he put up 31 goals as a rookie in ahl which showed he was trending exactly how he produced in junior 200 bus rides later little oppurtunity other than a few token call ups and it gets a little discouraging for players. Now he is playing with skilled player in a top 6 roll and has 5 points in 4 games , he is only 25 , could it possibly be there is a player here ? He sure seems to no where net is makes fine passes , with his goal last game he kept up great with McDavid , and the other point is if you look at that goal he did not have to take it on his backhand because the coaching staff has finally figured out playing McDavid constantly with 2 left shots was moronic.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick

Yeah. That guy. My point is he is yet to prove what he can do in the NHL. Great second proving with McDavid. He is the kind of guy I buy low on next year and let him get ample top six opportunities in camp. However I don't ever put him in a position where he is required to step up. The team can't rely on him. He hasn't done enough. All that said he could be part of the solution.

Reactions: Aerrol

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
The next 3 games will really help to tell us what's up. If he can keep the intensity and scoring threat up against teams that desperately need points, then we might have something. But too often we get excited about guys who can't sustain that effort when crunch time arrives. Hope he proves me wrong.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I would offer him 2 years @ 1 per if he continues to produce , if he fails easily burried salary with no cap implications , giving him one year and he puts up 25 goals 50 points with McDavid will cause more cap problems with Talbot needing to be re-signed and would be great value for a extra season

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
I would offer him 2 years @ 1 per if he continues to produce , if he fails easily burried salary with no cap implications , giving him one year and he puts up 25 goals 50 points with McDavid will cause more cap problems with Talbot needing to be re-signed and would be great value for a extra season

I'd float him about the same- 2 years, $900K one-way. I don't see any team beating the term, because why would they? At worst he's a press box guy.

I don't see him ever hitting 50 points though. I think best case is what Zach Hyman has been for Matthews- 30-40 point guy who does all the little things right. Even still, that's a hell of a deal for under a mill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad