Confirmed with Link: Oilers Sign Ty Rattie (UPDATE: Reassigned BAK 3.2.18)

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Depth is never a bad thing. IIRC we tried to claim him on waivers last year as well so clearly he has some fans in management.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I scored a penalty shot goal on Rattie (who was playing goalie) at the Play On ball hockey tournament here in Calgary a few years ago. :D

At this point, Rattie seems like one of those tweeters who can't quite translate his offence to the NHL level. I think this is a good signing assuming he starts in Bakersfield.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Meh. I guess worth a shot as AHL depth. Maybe he can bounce back and play in our top 6 down there.

I scored a penalty shot goal on Rattie (who was playing goalie) at the Play On ball hockey tournament here in Calgary a few years ago. :D

At this point, Rattie seems like one of those tweeters who can't quite translate his offence to the NHL level. I think this is a good signing assuming he starts in Bakersfield.

He didn't have any offense in the AHL last year either. Put up 5 points in 22 games.

He's an AHL reclamation project. Unlikely to be an NHL one.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
This signing

dwightair.gif

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Similar style player to Pitlick. Less physical, bit worse of a shot. Hasn't been able to get things going in the NHL. Doubt he pans out, but players like this are who you need to be taking gambles on. Need a player to pan out a la Sheary/Rust.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
He was a UFA, he can sign where he chooses.

Yeah, but in everyone's eyes here, when a player doesn't sign (or resign) here it's because management didn't make them an offer, and has nothing to do with the fact that the player maybe wanted to move on.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
I don't even know why this team has pro scouts. Every player they bring in is done so based on their draft position or junior careers.

With that said, I think he can be good in Bakersfield and as a 4RW. Not expecting much more than that.

Hemsky is a gangsta

Hemsky is a gangsta
Jun 23, 2004
I don't even know why this team has pro scouts. Every player they bring in is done so based on their draft position or junior careers.

Hahahaha true. I still have nightmares of the Oil Change scene where they were talking about Colton Tuebert's scouting profile in his draft year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad