Confirmed with Link: Oilers Sign Ty Rattie (UPDATE: Reassigned BAK 3.2.18)

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Still looking good and not out of place at all, tip in for goal last game breakaway , and another good chance where he back passed to Nuge , he should of shot there imo but still shows Offensive prowess

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Sounds like Crapt is still fully involved in Hockey Ops. #dumbestmaninhockey
Was he wrong there at all?

Rattie deserves a look by being our best player on the farm and playing a position if need and is making very good use of his call up.
Also we know he was involved in hockey ops, he is an assistant gm and seems to mostly take care of Bakersfield.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Was he wrong there at all?

Rattie deserves a look by being our best player on the farm and playing a position if need and is making very good use of his call up.
Also we know he was involved in hockey ops, he is an assistant gm and seems to mostly take care of Bakersfield.

Yeah, as much as I don't like the OBC, I have no issues with what was said about Rattie.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Time to talk contract with Ty Rattie. Imo, guys like Rattie will be the life and blood of this team moving forward. We need unproven wingers with high potential to come in cheap and be able to gel with McDavid. This is the only way will get a complete team with McDavids 12.5 and Drais 8.5 on the books while still needing that number 1 Offensive adman that won't come cheap. See what Rattie brings, I'd be okay locking him up for cheap at like 1 M for 3 years. Of course there's risk involved but it's small, and I have no doubt if Rattie ever stops gelling with McDavid he'd atleast be a decent 3rd liner.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Time to talk contract with Ty Rattie. Imo, guys like Rattie will be the life and blood of this team moving forward. We need unproven wingers with high potential to come in cheap and be able to gel with McDavid. This is the only way will get a complete team with McDavids 12.5 and Drais 8.5 on the books while still needing that number 1 Offensive adman that won't come cheap. See what Rattie brings, I'd be okay locking him up for cheap at like 1 M for 3 years. Of course there's risk involved but it's small, and I have no doubt if Rattie ever stops gelling with McDavid he'd atleast be a decent 3rd liner.
Give him a one-way deal at an amount that can be sent to Bakersfield without a cap hit. IIRC, Gryba was signed to such a deal.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Offer him a 2 year 1 way at 1m, if he sucks he can be buried, and he offers depth.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I agree. 1M x 3 years is a good gap stop until Yamamoto and friends are ready

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
3 years is too long. He was about to be out of the league and should appreciate his opportunity. 1 or 2 year deal at max. Let him establish himself

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
He needs to be signed right away great fit for McDavid and a ufa , they better not hesitate on this one or it's another Glencross f up but imo only worse . This guy can snipe has lot's offense to his game and also plays solid without the puck . He will be getting offers if he goes to UFA better player than Pitlick .. Don't screw this up Oilers.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
We need to keep him, give him one of those 1 or 2 year 1-2 million dollar type deals that keep the player happy but could potentially be a steal for the team.

Reactions: VainGretzky

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
He needs to be signed right away great fit for McDavid and a ufa , they better not hesitate on this one or it's another Glencross f up but imo only worse . This guy can snipe has lot's offense to his game and also plays solid without the puck . He will be getting offers if he goes to UFA better player than Pitlick .. Don't screw this up Oilers.
Id be a little leery of planning the parade about him & Nuge just yet. Yes, they have been good. But it is garbage time

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
We need to keep him, give him one of those 1 or 2 year 1-2 million dollar type deals that keep the player happy but could potentially be a steal for the team.
I agree he's worth keeping, but he should be getting 1million max AAV on a 1 or 2 year one-way deal. The one-way deal and a chance to play with McDavid should be more than enough incentive for him to sign after having a two-way deal this year. If anything he likely deserves a one-way deal around his 700K cap hit this year, perhaps around 900K.

Reactions: Cypress

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Id be a little leery of planning the parade about him & Nuge just yet. Yes, they have been good. But it is garbage time
Who cares you think opposition gives up in garbage time , only a idiot would let him walk for nothing , and he keeps proving me right about not getting proper looks in St. Louisafter dominate Junior season , he is a diamond in the rough easily capable of putting up better numbers than Maroon every one of his skills are better other than board play

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Best thing to do with Rattie is to try and get him on a 2 year 1 way deal at like 750k. He'd probably take it as it's a guarantee of 1.5M, but still a low enough hit that it can be buried if he struggles.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I agree he's worth keeping, but he should be getting 1million max AAV on a 1 or 2 year one-way deal. The one-way deal and a chance to play with McDavid should be more than enough incentive for him to sign after having a two-way deal this year. If anything he likely deserves a one-way deal around his 700K cap hit this year, perhaps around 900K.
He wont touch 700 k you kidding lol he will be 1 mill plus , and if Oilers don't give it to him many teams will , because even burried at 1.3 million does minor cap damage .

Flames who are desperate for RW would throw that at the local kid from there in a second . Remember Glencross was all in garbage time to. It Amazes me how some after watching him can't see the skill baffling

Reactions: CycloneSweep

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
He wont touch 700 k you kidding lol he will be 1 mill plus , and if Oilers don't give it to him many teams will , because even burried at 1.3 million does minor cap damage .

Flames who are desperate for RW would throw that at the local kid from there in a second . Remember Glencross was all in garbage time to. It Amazes me how some after watching him can't see the skill baffling
You really think a 10 game stretch playing with McDavid is enough for a guy who could only get a two way contract last year? The circumstances are much different than Glencross who can play a non-top 6 role (Rattie can't), and who didn't have a Connor McDavid to play with.

As to your last point, I'm really not sure how you got that from my post. I can see the skill in Rattie as a complimentary player, but I'm also not oblivious to the fact that he can only do that in a top 6 role when playing with a highly skilled player. I will eat my shoe if another team offers him 1.3M, and yes 1.3M buried does eat up another 350K that this team can't afford in dead cap space. They already have over 11 million of that with Lucic, Russell, and the Pouliot buyout.

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
Who cares you think opposition gives up in garbage time , only a idiot would let him walk for nothing , and he keeps proving me right about not getting proper looks in St. Louisafter dominate Junior season , he is a diamond in the rough easily capable of putting up better numbers than Maroon every one of his skills are better other than board play
Whoah Sparky. Settle down. First of all, what he did in junior is irrelevant. He was after all a 2nd rounder. And posting better numbers than Maroon. Yikes. Getting a little crazy there.
And if you dont think garbage time is a relevant consideration, well, Im pretty sure virtually every GM would disagree with you.
And Im not saying throw him in the trash heap. Im saying, be a little circumspect.
Btw before tonight he went 5 games without a point. While playing on MacD's wing

Btw, you are off your rocker thinking he will get 2 years at 1.3 per. Craziness. Is that you Pete?

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Both posts above mine will have me laughing next year, It's not like this guy is a former 7th round pick or 40 point winger from junior , and like I stated before which just does nor seem to register into brains is only reason he could only get a 2 way contract is because Blues wasted his development years by having way to much RW depth on top 6 you know Tarasenko and Oshie and Perron and Backes lol. And he will get a million min and I suspect 1.2 . And he can snipe and great passer.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Would 2 years 1.2 each year be fair?
Way too much. Give him a slight raise and tell him to earn a spot as a regular. This is a guy who's going to Bakersfield if he's not playing with McDavid. No chance we tie up that kind of dough with him. If he continues to grow next season, then he starts making some big boy dollars.

Reactions: North

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Way too much. Give him a slight raise and tell him to earn a spot as a regular. This is a guy who's going to Bakersfield if he's not playing with McDavid. No chance we tie up that kind of dough with him. If he continues to grow next season, then he starts making some big boy dollars.
Laughable again that the Oil fan super scouts , don't think a natural RW right shot which is a hot commodity with teams , unrestricted free agent who is showing he can play in a top 6 role small sample size or not, cannot get a 1.2 million contract from a team needing to fill that need , lol this site is so amusing .

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
Laughable again that the Oil fan super scouts , don't think a natural RW right shot which is a hot commodity with teams , unrestricted free agent who is showing he can play in a top 6 role small sample size or not, cannot get a 1.2 million contract from a team needing to fill that need , lol this site is so amusing .
My browser isn't working that well. Did he have Legionnaires disease in the prior 5 games?

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
While it's clear this sort of pace isn't sustainable, I think the whole "he only puts up points with McDavid" is really not a bad thing.

Not every winger is able to produce with McDavid. Eberle had some trouble. Lucic (lol) has trouble.

That gives you the chance to give Drai a good winger if you have Rattie stapled to McDavid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->