Friedman: Oilers offseason moves?

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Hall for Larsson, Barzal for Reinhart, Eberle for Strome werent?

Wait, Edmonton had Barzal? Wtf!

Guess who else traded Barzal.

LA Traded Barzal for Milan Lucic (Chiarelli actually made that trade, so basically Chiarelli traded Milan Lucic for Barzal right?)

Calgary traded Barzal and some other pics for Hamilton

See how dumb this is? Edmonton would have NEVER selected Barzal. He is a Center.

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

LA Traded Barzal for Milan Lucic (Chiarelli actually made that trade, so basically Chiarelli traded Milan Lucic for Barzal right?)

See how dumb this is? Edmonton would have NEVER selected Barzal. He is a Center.

Edmonton apparently liked Eriksson Ek or Svechnikov at 16, Carlo with their 2nd.

The trade isn’t indefensible because ‘OMG Edmonton traded Barzal’ - it’s indefensible because there is no way shape or form Reinhart at that stage was worth 16+33.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
The one move I hope that happens is Chiarelli out of the Oilers office. After that, they need to hire a real-legitimate general manager. He shouldn't be allowed to trade ever again!

But I see RNH being the one player that gets moved. Don't know for who though, would say Pietrangelo, but it looks like St. Louis wants him to play his career there.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Edmonton apparently liked Eriksson Ek or Svechnikov at 16, Carlo with their 2nd.

The trade isn’t indefensible because ‘OMG Edmonton traded Barzal’ - it’s indefensible because there is no way shape or form Reinhart at that stage was worth 16+33.
but that was not Chias fault no matter how you spin it

the oilers had been after him from long befor Chiarellis hiring its 100 percent Bob Green and Craig Mctavish, not on Chiarelli

they Wanted Reinhart and told Chiarelli to get it done

according to Snow they had made offers for 2 years so he absolutely was worth 16 and 33, Snow knew thats how bad they wanted him, the bullspit needs to stop. A player is worth what the market will bear and Bob Green and Craig Mctavish, had a mancrush on Reinhart and they paid for it

they almost picked him number one the year he was drafted

so stop blaming Chiarelli he did as he was told

Last edited:

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
Oilers have helped the Islanders and Devils, now its time you help the Rangers. We will give you Staal for McDavid

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Oilers are already consummating their off season move by tanking for another top 3 draft pick.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
but that was not Chias fault no matter how you spin it

the oilers had been after him from long befor Chiarellis hiring its 100 percent Bob Green and Craig Mctavish, not on Chiarelli

they Wanted Reinhart and told Chiarelli to get it done

according to Snow they had made offers for 2 years so he absolutely was worth 16 and 33, Snow knew thats how bad they wanted him, the bullspit needs to stop. A player is worth what the market will bear and Bob Green and Craig Mctavish, had a mancrush on Reinhart and they paid for it

they almost picked him number one the year he was drafted

so stop blaming Chiarelli he did as he was told

Cool; Peter Chiarelli's mother has an account on HF Boards!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Reactions: Go Wings and THall4

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I was being :sarcasm: based on the trades Chia made in recent history. Obviously, the value isn't there but would anyone even be surprised if he did this?

leafs wouldnt trade hyman for klefbom!!!

because babcock is about to officially adopt him and it will affect the application process if he and hyman arent living in the same residence

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Given Edmonton's holes on defense I ? why they'd trade a guy who's one of their best ones.

Exactly. He's had injuries and a down season. Unless they think he won't ever bounce back, not sure why they'd move him.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
There was an interview with McClellan on the radio today said Klefbom is playing because Klefbom wants to and is not hurt enough for the team to sit him... at least I think that's what i heard, was busy driving at the time

This makes more sense to me.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Exactly. He's had injuries and a down season. Unless they think he won't ever bounce back, not sure why they'd move him.

The answer is easy....Klefbom isn't one of Chia's guys. Have you noticed that Chia has been purging this organization of the former Old Boys Club players the last few years?

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Cool; Peter Chiarelli's mother has an account on HF Boards!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:
im not his mother, it just oiler fans take enough crap on here and facts have to be set straight, but go ahead blame him when you know its a false narrative, they said at the time they wouldnt have drafted barzal even if they had not traded for Reinhart

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Hall for Larsson, Barzal for Reinhart, Eberle for Strome werent?
When are people going to stop regurgitating this stupidity? Nobody traded Barzal for anyone. They traded the 16th pick of the first round, which saw 15 other teams pass on Barzal, including Boston who chose to do it three times in a row.

Unless you're going to talk about Vancouver trading Cory Schneider in his prime for Bo Horvat, or NYI trading Trevor Linden for Branislav Mezei, or Chicago trading Daniel Sedin for Brian McCabe, it really just makes you look dumb.

The horse is f***ing dead man. Stop beating it's lifeless corpse with the stupid stick.

Reactions: Shane Goudie

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I’m not an Oilers fan and only addressing an opinion.

Oilers have made plenty of dumb decisions with picks, trades and management of players.

There is guarantee the Oilers would have drafted Barzal. There are too many variables such as size, teammates and attitude. I remembered predraft interviews, he was arrogant and acted entitled which led to the dramatic drop in his draft positioning. You can’t blame the Oilers when 15 other picks missed as well. Scouting has also been terrible and can’t remember a pick beyond the 1st round reaching the NHL the last 10 years.

Barzal joining the Oilers could have been smothered by the much larger and tougher forwards of the west. He plays half his games against easier competitors that allows him more freedom to skate. This would wear down rookies over a long season for smallish Forwards. Consider early scoring leaders led the league by a large margin have faded: Keller, Connor and Kerfoot.

Another consideration is his teammates and excellent wingers, Barzal has Eberle/Beauvillier (interestingly directly/indirectly from Oilers) is an area the Oilers lack.

Attitude. McDavid rightlfully is the leader of the team. Hall was dumped below value to ensure the leadership transition is smoothly complete. Barzal will just create another problem.

Oilers needs better management and scouting.

Jan 21, 2018

Except all those teams that traded away Barzal got good returns.

Chiarelli got Griffin Reinhart aka BUST

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Look where Oilers trades have gotten them.
If you can fleece a team like Nashville or NYI does you make it, otherwise you stick with the draft.
Absolutely no more UFA signing and no more "No movement clauses"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad