Friedman: Oilers offseason moves?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Is there any possibility that the Jets could make a trade in the offseason with the Oilers involving Buff, Trouba or Myers?

Probably, but I personally wouldn’t give up what you’d likely want for Buff (Old, expensive) or Myers (fragile, inconsistent), and you’d likely want something we can’t afford to lose for Trouba.

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
Probably, but I personally wouldn’t give up what you’d likely want for Buff (Old, expensive) or Myers (fragile, inconsistent), and you’d likely want something we can’t afford to lose for Trouba.

Would RNH be too much of an ask for Trouba?

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
Unlikely and he’d be a very fair ask, but the Jets are already swimming with forwards aren’t they? We’d also need an extension in place.

If Trouba signed an extension with Winnipeg, would this be a good starting point?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
This. I have no interest in Myers due to his injury history. Buff I'd take, but I think Lucic would have to be going the other way and I'm sure Winnipeg has no interest in that. Trouba I like and he fits in terms of age, but I am concerned about those old rumors of him wanting to play in the US. I don't want to trade for him if he isn't going to want to stay here.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Is there any possibility that the Jets could make a trade in the offseason with the Oilers involving Buff, Trouba or Myers?
I honestly don't see Trouba wanting out of Winnipeg for Edmonton, If he leaves Winnipeg by all accounts i see him wanting to head for the States. Don't see Trouba wanting to play in Western Canada same could be said with Buff as well. Seeing that both are Americans. And probably would eventually like to play in the States.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
I honestly don't see Trouba wanting out of Winnipeg for Edmonton, If he leaves Winnipeg by all accounts i see him wanting to head for the States. Don't see Trouba wanting to play in Western Canada same could be said with Buff as well. Seeing that both are Americans. And probably would eventually like to play in the States.

Yep everyone from the States wants to play in the States just like everyone from Canada wants to play in Canada.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Chris Kreider for Oilers 2018 first? :)
Chia would certainly be interested.
Oilers need to make the playoffs next year if Chia is to keep his job. Kreider would help more than a prospect

Reactions: Ori

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Yep everyone from the States wants to play in the States just like everyone from Canada wants to play in Canada.
Well Shattenkirk went home to New York City, So we'll see what Trouba eventually does stays in Canada or comes to the States. Still think if Trouba stays in Canada he resigns back with Winnipeg can't see him leaving Winnipeg for Edmonton but that's just me.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
I wouldn't do Trouba for Nuge. We need to keep Nuge. Him and McDavid having chemistry is money for us.

Nuge-McDavid-X
X-Drasaitl-X

We now could have two scoring lines, just need to find a winger for Drai. We need to stop filling holes by creating another hole on our roster.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Chia would certainly be interested.
Oilers need to make the playoffs next year if Chia is to keep his job. Kreider would help more than a prospect

yeah I`m aware that Kreider is not enough, but it`s a start.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
RNH and Hoffman have had the same offensive output their entire carrer. I would just keep the center
I agree with you chia has made some bad moves and some good moves no different then every other gm. Some of his deals hall for Larson had to be made and chia had to deal from a position of being a team not making the playoffs in ten years not exactly a strong point for making trades. He was handed a team past management ran into the ground and he has done an ok job getting us where we are now. He is starting to add a lot of depth something we were seriously lacking. The team he has assembled has the ability and should of made the playoffs. Will be interesting to see what the offseason brings.

I know EVERYONE loved the Larsson trade last year...

Chi had a gun to his head, Hall is NOT known for being a good locker room influence, they wanted him AWAY from Mc David, that deal needed to happen, I don't fault hm for it.

As far as Strome, whenever you trade a winger for a center of similar talent, YOU WIN, Eberle is getting his usual points and accomplishing nothing, so what is it you miss about him so much?

Lucic? He needed the muscle, period, can you really blame him?

As far as Griffen Reinhart goes....who the hell saw that coming, I still don't understand it.....seriously WTF happened with that guy!?!?!

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
I wouldn't do Trouba for Nuge. We need to keep Nuge. Him and McDavid having chemistry is money for us.

Nuge-McDavid-X
X-Drasaitl-X

We now could have two scoring lines, just need to find a winger for Drai. We need to stop filling holes by creating another hole on our roster.

Can't you just do Nuge Mc David, Drai Strome?

That would be perfect, anytime there's an injury at the most important position a guy steps from wing to center

Lucic can still pot 40 pts, stick him up with Mc David and Nuge,

Pool Party rides shotgun with Drai and Strome, Kassian when you need to wake people up (He does have talent)

What's so complicated?!?!?!

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Imo the issue isn't that people didn't get Eberle's value - his production was pretty consistent for a long time. The issue is the Oilers got a crappy player back for a good one. I have a real hard time believing they couldn't have gotten something better for Eberle. Nothing about Strome suggests he's a suitable return for Eberle except maybe that one 50 point season years ago.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
We are set down centre
If we have to move a player I would move Klefbom plus for Trouba if Trouba can be resigned
That improves our right shot dmen
Nurse, Larsson
Sekera, Trouba
Russel, Benning
That gives us an option to use our 1st round to get a good winger for our first and then sign Vanek
RNH, McD, ?
Vanek, LD, trade
Lucic, Strome, Puljujarvi
Slep, Kharia, Kaissian
Looks a lot better to me
What would have to be added to our 1st for
Kreider, Zuccarello
Gives us two good wingers

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
AVS propose Andrighetto + 1 pick 2018 -
Edmonton 1 pick 2018+ cap dump???