GDT: Oilers @ Blues 6pm Mt

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Nuge with Drai is moronic. It’s just not going to work.

Nuge Lucic and Pulju were playing great. I understand TMs need to get the offense going but why break up that top line either. It’s our bottom end that’s needs to step up. If anything run Drai or Nuge on a third line so we have somewhat of a threatening bottom half.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Nuge with Drai is moronic. It’s just not going to work.

Nuge Lucic and Pulju were playing great. I understand TMs need to get the offense going but why break up that top line. It’s our bottom end that’s needs to step up. If anything run Drai or Nuge on a third line so we have somewhat of a threatening bottom half.
What?
The Nuge line with Drai last game had a 75% corsi, did not allow a goal against and had a crap ton of scoring chances compared to the Dallas lines they faced.

You know what doesnt work? McDavid with Cagguila 5v5. They had a 38% corsi together.

Pulju with McDavid is good. Not on the third line though.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
What?
The Nuge line with Drai last game had a 75% corsi, did not allow a goal against and had a crap ton of scoring chances compared to the Dallas lines they faced.

You know what doesnt work? McDavid with Cagguila 5v5. They had a 38% corsi together.

Pulju with McDavid is good. Not on the third line though.

I didn’t necessarily say that line was bad. What I meant when I said it was moronic was the fact it’s our bottom half that is the issue yet we are tweaking our top six, which isn’t performing THAT bad.

Put Nuge or Drai on the third line. You can still get their minutes in. Mixing up the top six does nothing to solve our main issue when it comes to offense, bottom 6 production.

Alowlyoilersfan

Sep 28, 2017
Kassian is not going to score. Maroon is not going to score. Draisaitl isn't going to bang one home on the PP.

<.<
>.>

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I didn’t necessarily say that line was bad. What I meant when I said it was moronic was the fact it’s our bottom half that is the issue yet we are tweaking our top six, which isn’t performing THAT bad.

Put Nuge or Drai on the third line. You can still get their minutes in. Mixing up the top six does nothing to solve our main issue when it comes to offense, bottom 6 production.
We don't have the wingers to have run 3 lines. It's been an issue all year.
We can either have 2 good lines or 3 very rough lines.

Reactions: McNuge

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
We don't have the wingers to have run 3 lines. It's been an issue all year.
We can either have 2 good lines or 3 very rough lines.

True enough. Although a solid centreman can often turn mediocre wingers into solid ones. But more than likely nothing would come of it. I think Drai and Cammy may have some success.

Man oh man. If the Oil lose this game I think I am done watching for a while.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
True enough. Although a solid centreman can often turn mediocre wingers into solid ones. But more than likely nothing would come of it. I think Drai and Cammy may have some success.

Man oh man. If the Oil lose this game I think I am done watching for a while.
With our healthy lineup the BEST we could do is

Maroon - McDavid - Strome
Lucic - RNH - Pulju
Cagguila - Drai - Cammaleri

And that second line didn't look to good (Stromes a much better center) and that third line is okay. Wasting Drais ability with those 2 though.

Reactions: Matt19Oilers

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
I'm going to try something new tonight. I'm going to not care at all about the outcome of the game and just enjoy the positive players and players on the team. I think it might be more enjoyable this way if they continue to **** the bed. A bunch of goals would be fun.

Ha this is literally what I did for the previous 10 years, not including last season......I cannot believe we are back to this already.....

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
If Talbot and Klefbom don't do what they've been doing I think we have a good shot.

If Talbot and Kelfbom play like the horses ass they've been in a lot of games this year.. We're f***ed.

I hold those two single highhandedly responsible for us being where we are. Now I'm not saying we'd be ruling the league or even in a playoff spot without those two buffoons.
But they are the major reasons for us being in the lottery.

I'm interested to see if they're legitimately broken as long as they remain Oilers a la Dubnyk and Schultz.
Or If they have the mental fortitude to pick up their shorts and help this hockey team win some games.

Talbot has some positive games.. then completely craps the bad.
Klefbom on most nights just looks like a complete Pejorative Slur out there.

Reactions: McFlash97

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Just put the f***ing 6+ million dollar centres on three different lines, please for the love of god. The only time they've done this is in the preseason, where they won every game that they did it, and in the second half of the Winnipeg game, where they totally outplayed the Jets. Just try it.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
NUGE LIKES KICKIN ASS AND CHEWIN BUBBLE GUM AND HES ALL OUT OF BUBBLEGUM!!!!!

giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 Minute Minor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad