GDT: Oilers @ Blues 6pm Mt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The Blues don't scare me. We should have been up 3-1 after 1 period last game and we beat them 3 or 4 times prior to that. No disrespect to them, I respect them, but I don't fear them.

What scares me is our inability to ever finish AAA scoring chances and Klefbom having his customary brain fart moment that is an auto-GA. That's what scares me.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I honestly have no idea which games they are going to win.

This would be a surprise (the Blues have only lost 2 games at home so far) so that probably means that they win this game.

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
I am seriously considering not waking up to see this at 3 am.

Who am I kidding. I will see the game. :help:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
tbh I kind of like the casual approach to GDT's on this board, except that I think there shouldn't be separate PGT and GDT as its not really needed. Maybe the thinking was there would be so many posts if the two were combined but that doesn't seem to be the case plus theres so little interest this season what I'm noting is people will start a PGT and then theres no GDT....

It was funny that the OP didn't know who we were playing. Our current fan disinterest I think does more service and percolates concern than if we seemed really unconditionally supporting this season saga.

Lucic in the paper saying he's not going to target Parayko, that its a team sport and it would be selfish to do so. Which seemed ironic because that's exactly what Lucic did last game. The reality is Lucic is going to respond if somebody dings him. He doesn't even seem to realize this but he really lacks self control when he's been hit. everybody else in the league realizes it and targets him to get him to lose his head but he doesn't get it yet. Frankly I'd be amazed if there was no bs in his game tonight and he just played a solid game.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
*stole this from Blues gdt*

eWaXUeT.png

KdR5CIZ.png

LvheKnE.png

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I don't like the lines. Cagg on first line despite a couple recent goals is imo a mistake. At least give Pulju a chance. Why not do that?

As far as the 2nd line I haven't seen one instance to suggest that Nuge and Draisaitl work good together and create. This is a 20.5M buck line and with redundant skill sets. When you put Drai on the line with Nuge what I'm noting is Nuges game becomes less aggressive and he is less involved in the play. Nuge has been most effective when he's had to push his own line this year. The Vanilla is increasing again in Nuges game with Drai being placed there. I find the Drai just naturally becomes the key cog on that line and Nuge takes a backseat. Having the two centers together also gives Lucic even more slack to do very little. This is not 20.5M bucks worth of line. Not close to it.

WigWam

May 22, 2015
I thought Nuge and Pulju looked good together and i really can´t understand why they didn´t get more games together to create some more chemistry. Maybe they pissed on Mclellan´s breackfast cereal....

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I'm agreeing with everyone here. Puju is playing great and they keep on demoting him. Something has to give

OilCountry93

Jul 2, 2014
6.5% chance of making the playoffs. If we’re going to go on a miracle run, better start soon. Also FYI, chances of drafting first overall (9.5%) is higher than the chances of making the playoffs. :banghead:

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
I won't be watching. Rather spend time with my two sons than have this team ruin my evening.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I don't like the lines. Cagg on first line despite a couple recent goals is imo a mistake. At least give Pulju a chance. Why not do that?

As far as the 2nd line I haven't seen one instance to suggest that Nuge and Draisaitl work good together and create. This is a 20.5M buck line and with redundant skill sets. When you put Drai on the line with Nuge what I'm noting is Nuges game becomes less aggressive and he is less involved in the play. Nuge has been most effective when he's had to push his own line this year. The Vanilla is increasing again in Nuges game with Drai being placed there. I find the Drai just naturally becomes the key cog on that line and Nuge takes a backseat. Having the two centers together also gives Lucic even more slack to do very little. This is not 20.5M bucks worth of line. Not close to it.
The issue is not with Caggiula being on the top line it is Maroon.
Caggiula-McDavid-Puljujarvi would be much better than Pylon passenger-McDavid-anyoneelse

Also, Draisaitl naturally doesnt become anything everynight. He has his moments but then disappears. Pretty sure Nuge would still be driving that 2nd line. Draisaitl is not the issue with RNH..its Lucic.

Camallari-RNH-Draisaitl would be a better option if we werent paying Lucic too much.
Lucic-Strome-Kassian would be a physical 3rd line
Maroon-Letestu-Khaira would be the 4th.

Having said that McLellan is too stubborn to break up Maroon-McDavid and Lucic-RNH duos

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
They could very well be 7-14 after tonight. Yikes, not even Jadeddog expected them to be THIS bad.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The Blues don't scare me. We should have been up 3-1 after 1 period last game and we beat them 3 or 4 times prior to that. No disrespect to them, I respect them, but I don't fear them.

What scares me is our inability to ever finish AAA scoring chances and Klefbom having his customary brain fart moment that is an auto-GA. That's what scares me.
Last time we played them we didn't even really show up after the 1st.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Well this is a must win tonight if they want to sniff the playoffs.

We will see what this team has, its about as desprate as they can get. I have been pretty optimistic all season, win this one we will make the playoffs, lose this one and no post season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->