Speculation: Offseason thread #8 Trades Ahoy!!! But not the Rangers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I agree, but look at what they had to go through before they realized what they needed to do. They were not attaching good prospects to Umberger in order to move him, it took time to get rid of the dead weight, which it will for the Rangers as well.

Any attempt for the Rangers to make this current roster "improved" for this up coming season is likely to turn out somewhat similar to when they signed Lecavalier

I would argue the realized what they need to do when they sold Richards and Carter for futures in 2011. They realized they had a good but not Cup contending group.

The sucked it up and drafted in the 10-20 range for a few years and kept their picks.

Philly model would be great to emulate. It does require some drafting luck.

But riding the NYRs players into the dirt is the worst idea.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
weirdos :laugh:

he doesnt leave. he's 27 and a local kid.

you work out a deal.

staal gone girardi gone or bought out.

makes too much sense and he's too good a player that addresses needs

and i disagree, with mcdonagh as his mate, that would be a great 1st pairing.

i absolutely love

mcd shatty
skjei kleiner

top 2 pairs.

Which do you prefer?

Mantha + Smith + Shattenkirk

or

Shattenkirk

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I'm really not a fan of teams handing out huge contracts to guys coming off ELC instead of using bridge deals during the VERY small window that teams actually have leverage and can control cost because it drives up and inflates the salaries of everyone else...

but ekblad is an absolute stud and is one of the guys you can understand making an exception like this

On the other hand, maybe this kind of thing is a step in an evolution to drive UFA costs down. The Panthers just paid for the most productive years of Ekblads career. Better to pay a lot for that than the reward him for his previous play later.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I would argue the realized what they need to do when they sold Richards and Carter for futures in 2011. They realized they had a good but not Cup contending group.

The sucked it up and drafted in the 10-20 range for a few years and kept their picks.

Philly model would be great to emulate. It does require some drafting luck.

But riding the NYRs players into the dirt is the worst idea.

I agree partially, but they lost their way after they traded Carter and Richards and ended up signing some really bad contracts.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Money not being an issue, the guy I would love to get from free agency is Okposo. I know it can't happen, but I think he is an underrated player.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Money not being an issue, the guy I would love to get from free agency is Okposo. I know it can't happen, but I think he is an underrated player.

Yeah, he's a great fit for our forward group, but I'm definitely not interested in giving him $6.5M per.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Much more palatable than $7.5M for Radulov. You can't deny his skill, but will he put in the effort? They ran Semin out of town last year

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Nielsen, Martin, and Okposo leaving the Isles. That's a pretty damn big hit to that team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad