Speculation: Offseason Thread #15: Thinking of a new title is Vesey difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.

KreiderHouseRules*

The guy who tweeted the picture said the Rangers group was a good mood after the meeting.

AV in a good mood?

So either the meeting with Vesey went well, or Vernon Fiddler did another Kevin Bieksa impression.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
After meeting with a seven teams the last two days, Jimmy Vesey is not planning on additional meetings before making his decision, a source close to Vesey told WEEI.com Wednesday night.

Vesey met with the Bruins for two and a half hours Wednesday at Warrior Ice Arena, marking his final scheduled meeting. The source noted that the Bruins “did a great job†in their pitch for the North Reading native.

Vesey also met with the Devils, Blackhawks, Rangers, Islanders, Maple Leafs and Penguins over the last two days. It is anticipated that he will begin whittling his list down on Thursday, with a decision expected to come by the weekend.

As most teams do, the Bruins covet the Hobey Baker winner as a left wing for one of their top two lines. If the B’s were able to secure the North Reading native and Harvard grad, he would likely slot behind Brad Marchand as Boston’s second-line left wing.

Last season, Vesey scored 24 goals and added 22 assists for 46 in 33 games for Harvard.

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/b...two-and-a-half-hour-meeting-with-jimmy-vesey/

Now the Bruins did a great job.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
That guy who tweeted the AV pic said Hayes was there too. Kreider possibly as well.

And did anyone read a few of his other tweets? He's absolutely 100% Boston. "Build the wall" and "I F'ing hate Asians". Still amazes me people are so free putting garbage on the Internet with their photo right beside it.

KreiderHouseRules*

2016-2017: The Season of Balance:

Kreider Zibanejad Nash
Miller Stepan Buchnevich
Vesey Hayes Zuccarello
Grabner Jooris Fast

McDonagh McIlrath
Staal Skjei
Holden Klein
Girardi

Lundqvist
Raanta

(Lindberg on IR)

2016-2017 Stanley Cup Champions

Leetch2McDonagh27

Jan 21, 2013
2016-2017: The Season of Balance:

Kreider Zibanejad Nash
Miller Stepan Buchnevich
Vesey Hayes Zuccarello
Grabner Jooris Fast

McDonagh McIlrath
Staal Skjei
Holden Klein
Girardi

Lundqvist
Raanta

(Lindberg on IR)

2016-2017 Stanley Cup Champions

Sounds about right......:yo::D

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
"V" shape...what else has a "V" shape....a triangle...

...a triangle put on one of it's sides is a symbol for...

...THE ILLUMINATI!

GM'S AREN'T RECRUITING VESEY TO THEIR TEAMS. THIS IS JUST AN INITIATION FOR THE NHL CHAPTER OF THE ILLUMINATI!

It's just scary how much they have infiltrated every facet of life!

KreiderHouseRules*

Zuccarello on the third line?

Clearly I'm not suggesting Zuccarello is a 3rd line player.

Just like the idea of balance.

Nash, Stepan, and Zuccarello on 3 diff lines.

That's a tough matchup game for most teams IMO.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
I really hope he doesn't go to the Bruins. Their dopey fans act like they're owed him. And if he goes to the shmevils he's too dumb for my team.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'd go Kreider, McIlrath and 1st floor Trouba.

But there are issues when dealing with Chevy. He doesn't make deals unless he gets his price. There's no negotiations with that guy to really speak of.

One of the biggest reasons why he has such few player for player deals.

Look at his trade history and you'll see what I mean.

they do not want a W

Agreed, Winnipeg seems to have a surplus of young talent on the Wings to go with their Veterans.

Wheeler, Stafford, Ehlers, Laine, Dano, Perrault, Kyle Connor. That's 7 surefire top 9 wingers.

Then they also have Burmistrov, Petan, Armia, Thorburn.

I don't see Wing being a need at all for the Jets, if anything, I think they'd be looking to move a guy like Perrault or Stafford to open up space for Connor and their other young wings.

I think the Jets could use a LHD and a 3rd line C maybe.

correct
I have it worked out w/Makkis
McD + 2 lesser picks
for
Trouba + 2 better picks

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I really hope he doesn't go to the Bruins. Their dopey fans act like they're owed him. And if he goes to the shmevils he's too dumb for my team.

One thing that concerns me are the following quotes from his agent:

"It's certainly not going to be tomorrow", said Fish. "He said he wants to play closer to home". "He's not the type of kid who enjoys necessarily being talked about all the time".

"He's a kid that probably prefers to fly under the radar a bit".

That type of talk has NJD or NYI written all over it because they have less scrupulous fanbases.

KreiderHouseRules*

bern's worked it out. We just need to get the message to Gorton! It's science!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad