Speculation: Offseason Thread #15: Thinking of a new title is Vesey difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I have a feeling Gorton isn't going to let this kind of **** fly anymore. Glass will be either the 13th or in the AHL. There's absolutely ZERO reason, even more so this year, for him to be on this team.

There won't be any reason if the bottom-6 depth we added in the offseason actually plays well this year.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
So how good is vesey supposed to be?? Like Kevin Hayes Johnny Hockey? How does he fit in with other kids that have recently come out of college hockey?

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
So how good is vesey supposed to be?? Like Kevin Hayes Johnny Hockey? How does he fit in with other kids that have recently come out of college hockey?

He's actually not supposed to be that amazing which is what makes all of this worrying/hoping a little unnecessary. People are saying good 3rd liner.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

Surefire 3rd liner with 1B kind of upside.

By the way, I hope everyone is keeping their expectations for the next few days in check.

KreiderHouseRules*

Not even in the same sentence or paragraph as Johnny Hockey. Other than Crosby and Kane, Johnny Gaudreau might be the most technically skilled player in the world. Hell, he might even be moreso than those two, to be honest.

I'm sure some will think I'm crazy and way off-base but Vesey reminds me of a better skating, less defensive, more shoot-first, left-handed version of Stepan.

High hockey IQ. Decent size but not overly physically gifted. Definitely a cerebral player. Good at picking his spots and creating space for himself but it's always hard to compare NCAA to how they'll be in the NHL, IMO.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Surefire 3rd liner with 1B kind of upside.

By the way, I hope everyone is keeping their expectations for the next few days in check.

I don't have super-high expectations for Vesey, but 3rd line is the main reason I want him right now. If he is a surefire 3rd liner....someone like Grabner could go to 4th line, pushing Glass out of the picture.

Vesey would be the final nail in Glass's coffin. This is why I covet Vesey at the moment, lol.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

That stinks.

Don't even worry brah, we got the inside info.

M8jjg0o.png

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
whos that guy? credible? I love Barstool, but we'll see. Everything leading up to today said the B's weren't likely. His own father said he shouldn't sign in Boston.

None of the team bloggers/writers are particularly credible here as they just want to keep up the story and the fan interests. The unaffiliated league writers are much much more reputable here. I'm sure all their sources are things like "The Bruins thought the meeting went well" and aren't actual thoughts from his side.

I mean you've now had someone from Boston saying they think they're the leader in the clubhouse, someone from the Islanders saying they are a strong possibility, someone from Pittsburgh saying they think they are 50%, someone from Chicago say they are a favorite etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad