Speculation: Offseason Thread #15: Thinking of a new title is Vesey difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Vesey camp probably told them that he wasn't signing with them so they went ahead of re-signed Cullen.

I don't think it's a coincidence.

It's probably not a coincidence, but the Pens could still afford Vesey. They are at 23 players, including 14 forwards. If they were to sign Vesey, someone would be sent down, maybe 2 players. They could make it work if they wanted to, but I agree that the Cullen signing likely means that Vesey isn't signing in Pittsburgh.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
It's probably not a coincidence, but the Pens could still afford Vesey. They are at 23 players, including 14 forwards. If they were to sign Vesey, someone would be sent down, maybe 2 players. They could make it work if they wanted to, but I agree that the Cullen signing likely means that Vesey isn't signing in Pittsburgh.

You raise a good point - two of them actually.

TECHNICALLY, I suppose they could still MAKE the room.

But the timing of the move (not to mention the fact that it's adding an NHL forward) speaks volumes.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
So we're basically sold on this. I'm stoked. Give me Vesey!

Really want to know which other winger gets shipped out though--fingers crossed it's Nash and not Zucc

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Buying a condo together may Bodie well for us, but it may be moving too Fast. But let's be civil, no need to throw stones if we're all in Glass houses...

I'd really like to sign Vesey but I've got tempered expectations. Maybe we get him, maybe we don't. And if we don't, I won't let it ruin my weekend.

An apartment with those two couldn't be messier. They'll just have to ndur, although it would be pretty drury. Maybe they could s-prust it up with houseplants before the situation became graves.

All signs seem to be pointing to Vesey, hopefully one of the other teams doesn't wow him.

KreiderHouseRules*

An apartment with those two couldn't be messier. They'll just have to ndur, although it would be pretty drury. Maybe they could s-prust it up with houseplants before the situation became graves.

All signs seem to be pointing to Vesey, hopefully one of the other teams doesn't wow him.

Post of the year?

Claxton

Sep 30, 2007
So we're basically sold on this. I'm stoked. Give me Vesey!

Really want to know which other winger gets shipped out though--fingers crossed it's Nash and not Zucc

Zucc and McIlrath(Winnipeg born) for Trouba would be alright in my eyes.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Problem is you can live in/around NYC and benefit from that lifestyle while being a Devil which may give him more playing time and less spotlight.

Obviously playing for Ranger fans in MSG is a different thing entirely... but who knows what appeals to him.

And what coms with being a star for the Rangers, endorsements, benefits, etc. Different entirely than being a Devil.

They did say playing time was a huge factor. So if Chicago/Boston don't sway him and it's really between NYR and NJD, that could be the issue. AV isn't gifting him top 2 lines, we all know this. Devils could do so more easily I feel. If he performs and lives up even remotely to hype, there's no question being a Ranger is a better thing for a player as a life experience. Ignoring potentials of both teams or current situation. Just not the same.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
I'm assuming if the rangers brought players to the meeting we would've heard about it right? hmm

who knows. If they did, I assume we'll hear about it soon enough. But no beat guys are really covering this. Just 2nd hand info.

Someone else mentioned him, but Mark Divver is a good follow for the Vesey stuff. He has no specifics of the NYR meeting. Or any other meeting from today for that matter.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
It's been way too quiet today. Figured things would have leaked out a bit. We really only know Det got rejected.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
It's been way too quiet today. Figured things would have leaked out a bit. We really only know Det got rejected.

Well if this off season has been any indication, there should be no surprise that there's been no info on our side. Gorton has a TIGHT seal on any inside info right now. I like it.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Still don't like that Boston got last licks and was able to have him tour the new facility

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I don't think players want to be gifted anything. I just think they want assurances that in a fair battle for ice time the more productive player gets the nod. Can't be any more fair than that.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I don't think players want to be gifted anything. I just think they want assurances that in a fair battle for ice time the more productive player gets the nod. Can't be any more fair than that.

If Vesey has been following the Rangers, he's already seen the bad example set by AV with his preferable treatment of an unproductive Glass, lol.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
If Vesey has been following the Rangers, he's already seen the bad example set by AV with his preferable treatment of an unproductive Glass, lol.

I have a feeling Gorton isn't going to let this kind of **** fly anymore. Glass will be either the 13th or in the AHL. There's absolutely ZERO reason, even more so this year, for him to be on this team.

KreiderHouseRules*

I have a feeling Gorton isn't going to let this kind of **** fly anymore. Glass will be either the 13th or in the AHL. There's absolutely ZERO reason, even more so this year, for him to be on this team.

or the narrative will be "we're not winning anything this year anyway so let's let Glass play and 'protect' our players!" You never know with this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad