Speculation: Offseason Thread #15: Thinking of a new title is Vesey difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.

KreiderHouseRules*

I don't have super-high expectations for Vesey, but 3rd line is the main reason I want him right now. If he is a surefire 3rd liner....someone like Grabner could go to 4th line, pushing Glass out of the picture.

Vesey would be the final nail in Glass's coffin. This is why I covet Vesey at the moment, lol.

Totally agree.

Regardless of the wonder twins on defense, it would be a fun season to watch these four lines:

Kreider Stepan Nash
Miller Zibanejad Zuccarello
Vesey Hayes Buchnevich
Grabner Jooris Fast

while Lindberg is out.

Suddenly, speed, youth, and energy are back.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Things change between when that was posted, and now that the meetings have been completed.

Yeah. It is possible Vesey had no intentions of playing in Boston but once he was approached by the B's, everything changed. Emotions can be a powerful thing. I am sure the B's did everything possible to play up Vesey in a Bruins jersey, in his home town, with a roaring crowd full of his friends and family. At least, thats what I would have done if I was selling him on his home city.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Totally agree.

Regardless of the wonder twins on defense, it would be a fun season to watch these four lines:

Kreider Stepan Nash
Miller Zibanejad Zuccarello
Vesey Hayes Buchnevich
Grabner Jooris Fast

while Lindberg is out.

Suddenly, speed, youth, and energy are back.

Love the first 2 lines. Nash on his off-wing may be what gets him scoring again. That 3rd line is so green that I get the feeling AV would do something to screw with it. Don't know what else he could do, though. Hayes and Buch are NOT 4th liners. It's possible he would start Vesey on 4th and Grabner on 3rd until one proves himself more worthy than the other...but I dunno.

KreiderHouseRules*

Love the first 2 lines. Nash on his off-wing may be what gets him scoring again. That 3rd line is so green that I get the feeling AV would do something to screw with it. Don't know what else he could do, though. Hayes and Buch are NOT 4th liners. It's possible he would start Vesey on 4th and Grabner on 3rd until one proves himself more worthy than the other...but I dunno.

It's possible that Buchnevich or Vesey (more likely Buch IMO) really impress in camp and start in the top-6 if they show a clear chemistry with someone in the top-6.

Then you could bump Miller or Kreider to the 3rd line with Hayes and the other rookie (Vesey or Buch).

Kreider Stepan Nash
Buchnevich Zibanejad Zuccarello
Vesey Hayes Miller
Grabner Jooris Fast

or

Kreider Stepan Zuccarello
Nash Zibanejad Buchnevich
Vesey Hayes Miller
Grabner Jooris Fast

or

Kreider Stepan Buchnevich
Zuccarello Zibanejad Nash
Miller Hayes Vesey
Grabner Jooris Fast

Finding the right combos with that amount of scoring depth would be a very good problem to have.

*fingers crossed*

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
This guy has a radio program with ESPN New Hampshire radio. Hope this is true. :crossfing

Its not. He could be the most well known but unreliable person in the media. Not that Murphy is even well known. He is in Boston. But he is as reliable as a 12 year old with 4 twitter followers spouting off rumors.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Its not. He could be the most well known but unreliable person in the media. Not that Murphy is even well known. He is in Boston. But he is as reliable as a 12 year old with 4 twitter followers spouting off rumors.
After all is said & done, will be interesting to find out which twitter users had it right and which ones were full of it.

At least no one on twitter has pushed a rumor that the Rangers have been eliminated.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
After all is said & done, will be interesting to find out which twitter users had it right and which ones were full of it.

At least no one on twitter has pushed a rumor that the Rangers have been eliminated.

I agree. I think we are flying under the radar. We keep coming up as one of the players but there hasn't been any news about us being out, favorites, etc. I actually think that bodes well for us.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

I mean some users are gong to "have it right" just because he's going to choose one of the teams and people from every team have said he's going there.

This has actually been surprisingly tight lipped from Vesey's camp.

KreiderHouseRules*

I mean some users are gong to "have it right" just because he's going to choose one of the teams and people from every team have said he's going there.

This has actually been surprisingly tight lipped from Vesey's camp.

Agreed.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I have a feeling it's between the Rangers and Bruins.

Lets hope. If that is the case, I would think he chooses the Rangers. As I said earlier, emotions can be a major factor. But after two days or so (hes supposed to make a decision Friday), they can wear off. Maybe he then realizes that although it would be cool to play in Boston, it could also be a huge nightmare.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The 23-year-old North Reading resident, who won the Hobey Baker Award as last season’s top NCAA player, has met with some seven teams the past two days. The final suitor was the Bruins, who, according to a well-placed source in the Vesey camp, made a strong pitch late Wednesday.

“Bruins did well today,†said the source in a text message.

Another source within the Vesey camp predicted the young man will take two days to make up his mind.

“Just finished last meeting,†said the source said in a text message. “Probably a couple of days.â€

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...e_bruins_did_well_in_meeting_with_jimmy_vesey

Did well? That sounds like meh.

meh1.jpg

RonGreschner

Apr 9, 2007
I think its going to come down to the Blackhawks and Icelanders, check out the centers he will be playing with compared to the other 4 teams!

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
AV was at the Vesey meeting

No secrets anywhere.

Is that AV with a mischevious smile?

Is he thinking "Heheheheheh good thing we convinced that Vesey kid to join the Rangers. Another victim to get his hopes and dreams crushed as I play Tanner Glass instead of him."

KreiderHouseRules*

AV is trying to hide his smile because it's a dead giveaway that Vesey told them "I'm signing with you guys. I just want to troll everyone on HFboards for a few more days."

KreiderHouseRules*

If you like closely, AV is making a "V" shape with his hand, signaling the era of Vesey.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
If you like closely, AV is making a "V" shape with his hand, signaling the era of Vesey.

"V" shape...what else has a "V" shape....a triangle...

...a triangle put on one of it's sides is a symbol for...

...THE ILLUMINATI!

GM'S AREN'T RECRUITING VESEY TO THEIR TEAMS. THIS IS JUST AN INITIATION FOR THE NHL CHAPTER OF THE ILLUMINATI!

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Is that AV with a mischevious smile?

Is he thinking "Heheheheheh good thing we convinced that Vesey kid to join the Rangers. Another victim to get his hopes and dreams crushed as I play Tanner Glass instead of him."

The guy who tweeted the picture said the Rangers group was a good mood after the meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad