OT: Official TV & Movie Spoiler/Speculation/Rumor Thread-See Mod Warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
"Suicide Squad" a bigger failure than a Caps second round playoff series: 31% on RT.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
"Suicide Squad" a bigger failure than a Caps second round playoff series: 31% on RT.

Not a DC comics guy so I basically only know the joker. Got invited to go on Saturday with a group of people but I passed. I'll probably pick up the bluray/4k disc since I collect anyways so why double dip.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Had some friends who saw Suicide Squad and said it was incredibly bad. From the trailers you get the impression that Jared Leto's Joker plays a prominent role, but apparently he's only in the movie for a minute or so.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Had some friends who saw Suicide Squad and said it was incredibly bad. From the trailers you get the impression that Jared Leto's Joker plays a prominent role, but apparently he's only in the movie for a minute or so.

Your friends are woefully inaccurate....he's great and has quite a few scenes, he's on the periphery of the story, but the movie was just OK. Characters weren't all that compelling. It has some good moments, but overall a disappointment IMO, for what I expected.

To me the highlights of the movie were Joker, Harley Quinn and Enchantress.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
If life has taught me anything, its that trailers tell you NOTHING. The 2nd Phantom Menace Trailer was the greatest trailer I had ever seen up until that point. We all know how that turned out. :shakehead

Trailers are like Caps regular season games against the Colombus Blue Jackets. Yeah, the Caps look good -- does that mean they are tear it up in the playoffs?

Jury's out until Dec 15.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If life has taught me anything, its that trailers tell you NOTHING. The 2nd Phantom Menace Trailer was the greatest trailer I had ever seen up until that point. We all know how that turned out. :shakehead

Trailers are like Caps regular season games against the Colombus Blue Jackets. Yeah, the Caps look good -- does that mean they are tear it up in the playoffs?

Jury's out until Dec 15.

As an avid movie goer....I disagree. Today's movie trailers show and tell you WAY too much. I refuse to watch most for movies I'm really excited for. Does that mean the movie is good or bad, no...but the trailers can set the tone. In my experience if a trailer is showing lots of explosions...you might be seeing the best of the movie a lot of times...as a fun exercise, go back and watch trailers AFTER you see a movie and you get a good feel for how much they're actually giving away before moviegoers even get a chance to see the movie.

This movie is a familiar storyline IMO, so I watched. At least it looks like it's a quality space/war story even if it's nothing groundbreaking.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I really appreciate that it's actually showing the "Wars" part of Star Wars. This one is less about space wizards saving the day, and more about the actual lives impacted by The Empire.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
You know what could be cool would be rebels and the empire having to team up against an alien invasion of the galaxy. Unless they've done that in the book world.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'd like to see the alien race that could challenge the empire ship to ship troop to troop. They would have to be so imposing.....and from somewhere waaaaaaaaaay far away to explain how they haven't crossed paths so far....

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I'm thinking Rogue One will be a dud, but EP 8, Young Han Solo, and EP 9 will be hits.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Apparently there's an international version of the trailer that shows more footage. Haven't been able to track it down though.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Just finished The Night Of on HBO. I'd recommend it very highly. Nothing truly groundbreaking but it was a well done character/courtroom drama.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Just finished The Night Of on HBO. I'd recommend it very highly. Nothing truly groundbreaking but it was a well done character/courtroom drama.

Just don't get into HBO's mini series these days. Can't remember the last one I have watched. Though definitely stoked for Westworld. I still remember the original with Yul Brenner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad