OT: Official TV & Movie Spoiler/Speculation/Rumor Thread-See Mod Warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Saw "The Martian" yesterday. It borrows liberally from movies like "Apollo 13" and "Gravity"...but still, its a pretty good movie in its own right.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Saw "The Martian" yesterday. It borrows liberally from movies like "Apollo 13" and "Gravity"...but still, its a pretty good movie in its own right.

The book was already well into its editing phase when Gravity was released, so I wouldn't really call that one borrowing. Obvious parallels to Apollo 13, but you're not going to make a (semi) hard sci-fi about being marooned in space without some parallels to Apollo 13.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Saw Independence Day, kinda knew they were gonna make a series but at least the next one should have a good plot

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
ron-paul-its-happening-animated.gif

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
GOTs season finale....that was awesome.

Awesome scene with all the Lords (and little Lady). Awesome Snow origin stuff and Frey outcome. High Sparrow, check, Septa, check, Tommen....um wow. Cersei, what a villain....

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Good god that was great.

Tommen's suicide threw me for a loop. Can't say I'm sorry to see the grand meister finally get his.

Most overlooked detail in the episode... that library!!!

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Man both eps 9 and 10 were fantastic. One thing I missed based on some after show stuff was Dany's fleet included dornish and tyrell ships apparently. Makes sense otherwise Varys woudl have had to teleport back to Mereen.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Tommen took "King's Landing" a little too literally. ;)

LOL....that made me really LOL....well played.

That was a shocker but he was an easily controlled puppet. No surprise he mentally snapped and took the weak way out.

I love who's back and came to visit Walder Frey.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Man both eps 9 and 10 were fantastic. One thing I missed based on some after show stuff was Dany's fleet included dornish and tyrell ships apparently. Makes sense otherwise Varys woudl have had to teleport back to Mereen.

Didn't catch that....makes a ton of sense.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Lots of people talking about how they were surprised when Tommen died. I wasn't really. Part of it was likely that I went into the episode expecting him to die (the whole Cersei's three children dying prophecy thing). I expected him to be in the sept when it blew. When that didn't happen, I knew he was gonna jump when the showed him take off his crown and walked away, but the camera stayed panned on the open window.

It makes a lot of sense, too. He's just a teenager. Two of the central figures in his life, including his wife, were just killed. He, even as king, was powerless to stop it. The only other person of significance in his life, his mother, orchestrated the whole thing. We've always known he wasn't fully developed emotionally yet, so that obviously hit him hard. To round it all out, there was nobody there to comfort him. Cersei stayed in her room the whole time. She didn't go down to console and guide her child when he needed her the most.

I'm curious what the fallout will be. The High Sparrow kept talking about the power of the masses, and how the commoners could rise up. I'm curious if there will be any sort of commoner's rebellion now that he's been assassinated.

The thing that really surprised me was when all of the children started stabbing the Grand Maester. That was horrifying. The children being Varys' little birdies was a good reveal a few episodes back, but I never expected them to graduate from spying to straight up murder.

The other weird thing was the score for all the King's Landing scenes felt out of place for GoT. Not bad in any way (actually quite good), but a very different style than most of the music in the series.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Good god that was great.

Tommen's suicide threw me for a loop. Can't say I'm sorry to see the grand meister finally get his.

Most overlooked detail in the episode... that library!!!

Lyanna Mormont was very impressive. My favorite by far was Arya. Cersei's smirk while she watched the place go wild was great also. I literally laughed when she said, "Shame! Shame! Shame!

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Lyanna Mormont was very impressive. My favorite by far was Arya. Cersei's smirk while she watched the place go wild was great also. I literally laughed when she said, "Shame! Shame! Shame!

Doing the Mormont name proud. Fiery...

That moment was awesome too.....Shame....Shame....that Septa is in for a bad time.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Lots of people talking about how they were surprised when Tommen died. I wasn't really. Part of it was likely that I went into the episode expecting him to die (the whole Cersei's three children dying prophecy thing). I expected him to be in the sept when it blew. When that didn't happen, I knew he was gonna jump when the showed him take off his crown and walked away, but the camera stayed panned on the open window.

It makes a lot of sense, too. He's just a teenager. Two of the central figures in his life, including his wife, were just killed. He, even as king, was powerless to stop it. The only other person of significance in his life, his mother, orchestrated the whole thing. We've always known he wasn't fully developed emotionally yet, so that obviously hit him hard. To round it all out, there was nobody there to comfort him. Cersei stayed in her room the whole time. She didn't go down to console and guide her child when he needed her the most.

I'm curious what the fallout will be. The High Sparrow kept talking about the power of the masses, and how the commoners could rise up. I'm curious if there will be any sort of commoner's rebellion now that he's been assassinated.

The thing that really surprised me was when all of the children started stabbing the Grand Maester. That was horrifying. The children being Varys' little birdies was a good reveal a few episodes back, but I never expected them to graduate from spying to straight up murder.

The other weird thing was the score for all the King's Landing scenes felt out of place for GoT. Not bad in any way (actually quite good), but a very different style than most of the music in the series.

I can't imagine a scenario where the people rise up against her. She's clearly willing to kill anyone in her way. I'm interested to hear what the story spun to the people will be.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I can't imagine a scenario where the people rise up against her. She's clearly willing to kill anyone in her way. I'm interested to hear what the story spun to the people will be.

I think dragons may be the one thing scarier than Cersei's scorn.

[spoil]Plus go back a couple seasons to Bran's vision. He saw a vision of snow falling on the Iron Throne in a destroyed Red Keep. Something obviously happens at King's Landing to make it so. It could be Dany's attack, or it could be unrest/war before she gets there. Bran's vision also showed the wildfire blowing up the Sept. [/spoil]

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
HBO released a single episode of their upcoming series The Night Of on their online services. The only reason I'm not going to recommend you watch it is because all I want to do now is watch the next episode, but I have to wait two weeks.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Star Trek: Beyond getting enthusiastic reviews. I just hope its an actual "Star Trek" movie and not a "Star Wars" wannabe (like the last few incarnations have been).

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

So basically Star Wars set in Hawaii..seems meh but hopefully there is some FX to make it seem like they are not something that looks exactly like earth. Still wish Maslany had gotten the lead (orphan black).

That new ghostbuster can frakk the hell off.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
So basically Star Wars set in Hawaii..seems meh but hopefully there is some FX to make it seem like they are not something that looks exactly like earth. Still wish Maslany had gotten the lead (orphan black).

Episode 7 has dampened my enthusiasm.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Episode 7 has dampened my enthusiasm.

I'm pretty disposed to strongly dislike stories that are prequels and really have no interest in this story line. I'm pretty fine with 'many bothans died to get these plans' line in the originals. Right there just takes half the energy/tension out of the movie, meh.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I'm pretty disposed to strongly dislike stories that are prequels and really have no interest in this story line. I'm pretty fine with 'many bothans died to get these plans' line in the originals. Right there just takes half the energy/tension out of the movie, meh.

Pretty much this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->